Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

11 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I invite you to walk into your employer and ask them about guaranteeing the next two years of your salary and see if they agree that is not 'asking for a dime'.

Not exactly apples-to-apples.  I never signed a contract for a pre-determined period of time during which my employer has total control over my financial future.

1 hour ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Where's the "Hi there" crew when you need them?

Sometimes we work out I n the front lines & sometimes we work behind closed doors in private one on one with members. 

For those wondering why @volsmet didn’t get a ban, it’s because of the latter & his sense of self awareness in volunteering for a matching ban. 

And for the record, I would be willing to work with @desertbeagle85 to let the dog back in except for the 3 meltdown emails he sent upon being banned. Right now, we’re all out of newspaper. :)  

The more Trent talks the more this whole story makes less sense to the public.  He is wealthy and he could have gone to the Mayo Clinic or Johns Hopkins

on his own to find out what was going on with him and paid for it on his own dime.  Then if Skins refused to pay his medical he could contest it through the

union grievance process if allowed.  He has 6 off-seasons to get a second opinion outside of the regular football season.  Most people address any potential cancer

issues immediately.

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not exactly apples-to-apples.  I never signed a contract for a pre-determined period of time during which my employer has total control over my financial future.

Agreed. But then no one paid you $13M a year (on average) with $20M uo front and with $30M guaranteed when you signed your existing contract of employment either.

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Didn't the medical staff tell Trent to get a second opinion?  I remember reading that earlier in this thread... seems like a lifetime ago.

They did. Or at least that was reported.

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Didn't the medical staff tell Trent to get a second opinion?  I remember reading that earlier in this thread... seems like a lifetime ago.

It wouldn't be a 2nd opinion, it would be for an initial diagnosis.

PCP's don't diagnose cancer.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

What is the connection to Bruce in all of this, there's something Bruce did that pissed off Trent and I wish we knew what it was, this could be the straw that breaks the camels back so we can finally move on from Bruce.

If so, I'll personally drive to DC and spray paint Trent's name in the ring of honor.

So he said it’s crazy to be playing on a contract without guaranteed money? What about the guaranteed money he took before even playing a game on his most recent contract?

I hate this argument. Players get a giant guarantee up front when they sign and they’re expected to honor that contract in its entirety. Less and less seem to be doing that. If they don’t like the idea that they can be cut at any point then let’s get rid of those guarantees. Considering he’s missed more than a season and a half worth of games since signing and still got paid for it, it’s ****ing lame to complain.

Also, I love that he mostly threw Bruce under the bus and made it clear he’s the problem. Just one more red X next to his name.

I think it’s safe to say there is no straw, much less bail of hay that can break the camels back.  

I don’t imagine we’ll ever get the details on what Bruce did to Trent, but I’m absolutely certain it’s more of him just being a smarmy douche that rubbed him the wrong way, which in essence caused this whole soap opera.

Like I said above, I’m certain Trent feels terrible about not doing something about the cancer himself.  There is no way he’s sitting around pinning this solely on the Skins.  As I thought when this first came out, there is obviously more to it than just that.

Archived