Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I don’t see how waiting until the last minute has helped at all. Puts teams in a rushed-state when it comes to checking out TW’s health and contract request. So they’ll just pass or lowball

It was so ****ing dumb to do this way, I'm 100% with you.

I feel like no matter what the idiot gets for Williams we're still going to hear from him of how brilliant it was to trade him for a first or a gopher carcass because we cornered the market.  He's so infuriating.

Or "Hey, see, I tried it your way, meaning spending literally 36 hours pretending to attempt to put effort into trading him, and it didn't work.  So let's do it my way."

2 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

What's Norman worth? A 5th... nothing?

No idea, maybe a 6th?

Stills isn’t very highly thought of, Miami was trying to move him before the draft without any suitors. I loved Kenny Stills coming out of college & anyone who is familiar with my ability to scout WRs would tell you that means Stills is probably worth an 8th rounder.

So in summary 

Last week at this time. Maybe the front office will smarten up and trade Trent before the deadline. 

This week. Man what a bunch of idiots for waiting until the last minute. 

So many knee jerk reactions. Can’t we wait until it happens/doesn’t happen then complain with facts.  

16 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know why that would be a factor? He is in his early thirties and with the franchise tag his next team would control him this year and for 2 more after that. Now him not showing up for his new team would be the biggest factor IMO.

if I’m trading a first or second I want him for more than a season and half and I want a more cap friendly structure than having to use the franchise tag after next season.

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

No idea, maybe a 6th?

Stills isn’t very highly thought of, Miami was trying to move him before the draft without any suitors. I loved Kenny Stills coming out of college & anyone who is familiar with my ability to scout WRs would tell you that means Stills is probably worth an 8th rounder.

We'd be fortunate to get a 6th or even a 7th at his salary and his play.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

How does it prove it?  And if it does are you suggesting you are opposed to what Bruce is doing (if true) that he's now aggressively trying to trade Trent? 

because the contract rolls over.  He doesn't show and the argument "You're only getting him for a season and a half" disappears, the new team gets him for two full years

and my general opinion of trading Trent is that it makes little difference whether now or then, this is an annoyance not something to have a heart attack over. 

2 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I have no earthly idea why the Browns would even want Williams at this point. They are 2-5 and seem more likely of having a top ten pick than in making a playoff run. Williams would almost be a true one year rental for them at this point as any perceived value would be next year.

They are still the Browns, and they have invested so much into free agents and have put the idea in their fans heads that they are Super Bowl bound. They also need to protect their supposed franchise QB before he gets his leg broken. Williams would be a good get for them for next year and beyond if they can get him....I think the Browns front office is really feeling the pressure to win this season....Trent could help them do that in my opinion. It must be really, really hard to find pro bowl caliber left tackles...even if they're 31 years old.

2 minutes ago, carex said:

because the contract rolls over.  He doesn't show and the argument "You're only getting him for a season and a half" disappears, the new team gets him for two full years

You could have traded him before the season and they still could have gotten the two full years

Trent can still return (as some suspect) before week 10 and then it would only be one year.

But to nail down your position it sounds like you think it's better to deal him in the off season?

5 minutes ago, Rypienskinz said:

So in summary 

Last week at this time. Maybe the front office will smarten up and trade Trent before the deadline. 

So many knee jerk reactions. Can’t we wait until it happens/doesn’t happen then complain with facts.  

This board is suffering from some sort of split personality disorder, amirite? We all know the person behind all of thee handles is @Renegade7

7 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I have no earthly idea why the Browns would even want Williams at this point. They are 2-5 and seem more likely of having a top ten pick than in making a playoff run. Williams would almost be a true one year rental for them at this point as any perceived value would be next year.

Yep. That team is in a free fall. They have to evaluate what they have right now. I think they think they’re still buyers, because their division is still winnable, but I just can’t see a first now. Maybe 3-4 weeks ago. Not now

32 minutes ago, redskinsrmylyfe said:

Ward/2nd  For Trent would make me happy

Were not getting Ward, let alone Ward and a 2nd. Ward's on year 2 of a very affordable, below market value 4+Option year rookie deal, we're the only team stupid enough to trade an asset that valuable for a 30+er (see Alex Smith trade). 

1 minute ago, benskins26 said:

Yep. That team is in a free fall. They have to evaluate what they have right now. I think they think they’re still buyers, because their division is still winnable, but I just can’t see a first now. Maybe 3-4 weeks ago. Not now

Possibly true.  Their running game is good, but they cannot protect Mayfield.  If they honestly think they can make the playoffs, TW would be an immense help.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You could have traded him before the season and they still could have gotten the two full years

Trent can still return (as some suspect) before week 10 and then it would only be one year.

But to nail down your position it sounds like you think it's better to deal him in the off season?

slighty better, I guess.  Depends on if the whole "they're offering less for him cause only part of a season" narrative is true, plus whether or not he plans to show up for the last six games or if he really wants to stay completely away from them.  I just don't know enough to be really sure

7 minutes ago, volsmet said:

If we’ll only accept a deal for a “solid first rounder”, isn’t that going to seem like an insult to the GM we deal with? 🤨

You got many conflicting reports

Some saying they were already offered a first (but that was weeks ago)

Some saying that never happened

Some saying right now a 2nd. 

Some saying Bruce won't trade unless he gets a first

Some saying Bruce wasn't willing to trade before but now he is

Some saying Bruce was always willing to trade if he was blown away by an offer

Some saying Bruce really wants a player as part of a deal

3 minutes ago, Rypienskinz said:

So in summary 

3 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

If Tunsil, a noticeably inferior tackle, can net two 1's, then we better get at least a first for Williams. The dude is a top 3 LT in the NFL. As much as we know Allen is a ****ing moron, surely we can nab a good pick for Williams regardless.

Waiting until the deadline was always a high risk, high reward proposition.  If NE had lost a couple games or Cleveland had won a few more games, the Skins would be in a better bargaining position.  NE is no longer in a position to take on a high dollar veteran and Cleveland may just wait to use their draft pick for a new LT.   I imagine that TW has been keeping in shape, but that doesn't negate the fact that he hasn't played in a game or practice in nearly a year.

Tunsil may not be in TW's class, but he was available during preseason and is younger and cheaper.  And, at the time, Bill O'Brien was on the hot seat.  Just flipping through my deteriorating memory banks, I don't see who's season TW is going to save at this point.

BA took a risk, whatever they get for TW probably won't be as good as Houston was offering in August, so he should take the heat.  At least we'll get to hear another beauty, like "they never made a counteroffer".

Archived