Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Just now, SemperFi Skins said:

I hope I am wrong, but with his history, I see no way we'd get anything more than a conditional late rounder based on playing time...

Even if we got that, you take that. Teams should always be attempting to accrue an asset for an asset. Even low draft picks. You get enough of them and you can turn them into higher picks or if nothing else it gives you more lottery tickets to try to hit with and can reduce your pay roll for a rebuilding team.

The Redskins aren't "rebuilding" because our front office can't see the forest through the trees.

But that doesn't mean they shouldn't be.

1 minute ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I doubt the FO would be stupid enough not to trade him in the off season. I don't know if the FO had any inkling Trent was going to do this prior to the draft. Yea..there may have been "issues" but the holdout caught the FO off guard. Penn IS a Cheaper and adequate solution until he get hurt or worn down. If you can't get a #1..then deal with it in March 2020...The team has MUCH bigger issues in 2019 than this. At least we/re not alone..jets/miami/giants....The Jets thing makes me reconsider Gregg...I'll pass on him for that showing alone...

1) How can the team be caught off guard when the rumors were out there that he was frustrated? And beyond that, why does that forgive their lack of ability to adjust and respond to adversity?

2) Is there bigger issues, though? One of the biggest issues with the Redskins is roster management. This falls under that umbrella.

3) What Jets thing? You mean the fact that the Jets defense managed to keep the Browns close for the majority of the football game despite the fact that their offensive line may be the worst I've ever seen, were on their third string QB and they struggled to do anything?

Just now, KDawg said:

Even if we got that, you take that. Teams should always be attempting to accrue an asset for an asset. Even low draft picks. You get enough of them and you can turn them into higher picks or if nothing else it gives you more lottery tickets to try to hit with and can reduce your pay roll for a rebuilding team.

The Redskins aren't "rebuilding" because our front office can't see the forest through the trees.

But that doesn't mean they shouldn't be.

I agree that we should take what we can get when we are talking about Reed. I've grown extremely tired of his injuries (though I honestly think he should retire). He'll always be just potential in my eyes.

It's a shame that TE has been an issue for us for a few seasons with the exception of V. Davis and we have yet to try and solve it.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Kerrigan is worth hanging on to.  He's the good kind of vet presence in the locker room.  No diva in him.

He's also worth seeing what we can get for him and moving on. It's likely a scheme fault, but seeing him 8 yards upfield and allowing the "g" guard on power to run to the second level while no one had to block him repeatedly so far this season is infuriating. 

If it's schematic, why keep an asset such as Kerrigan when we can get a good return?

If it's him, he's not the asset we think he is.

19 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I doubt the FO would be stupid enough not to trade him in the off season. I don't know if the FO had any inkling Trent was going to do this prior to the draft. Yea..there may have been "issues" but the holdout caught the FO off guard. Penn IS a Cheaper and adequate solution until he get hurt or worn down. If you can't get a #1..then deal with it in March 2020...The team has MUCH bigger issues in 2019 than this. At least we/re not alone..jets/miami/giants....The Jets thing makes me reconsider Gregg...I'll pass on him for that showing alone...

By my count this is their 6th month dealing with this.  How much time do they need to process it?  I follow the Dolphins closely since i am in South Florida and Minkah pretty much just became an issue as for his discontent a few weeks ago.  They made a decision.  They acted and now likely have a top 10 pick for it.  It's not rocket science.   

I'd be very surprised if Trent's value stays the same in the off season.  If I were another team my interest would not be as high.  In the off season, you got Trent now going to be 32, only one year left on his contract and most importantly a draft that's potentially very rich at LT and FA in front of me, too.   

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Looks iike the Broncos need a LT now as well... Garret Bolles experiment may be coming to an end..... I'd give them TW plus our entire roster for Von Miller...

Bolles is nearly as popular in Denver as Flowers was in NY. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

By my count this is their 6th month dealing with this.  How much time do they need to process it?  I follow the Dolphins closely since i am in South Florida and Minkah pretty much just became an issue as for his discontent a few weeks ago.  They made a decision.  They acted and now likely have a top 10 pick for it.  It's not rocket science.   

I'd be very surprised if Trent's value stays the same in the off season.  If I were another team my interest would not be as high.  In the off season, you got Trent now going to be 32, only one year left on his contract and most importantly a draft that's potentially very rich at LT and FA in front of me, too.   

if he does not play this year then his contract does not advance.  He may be a year older but he had a year less wear and tear and some of the top tackles in the league are in their mid to late 30s

Simple, your first rounder would do it. I have a feeling the Broncos will be a top-10, maybe even top-5 pick to go along with our own top-5 pick.... beautiful

Just now, volsmet said:

Another team that needs a LT, Houston.

have a feeling Houston won't be picking until the early 20s. Denver might have a top-5 pick.

3 minutes ago, carex said:

if he does not play this year then his contract does not advance.  He may be a year older but he had a year less wear and tear and some of the top tackles in the league are in their mid to late 30s

You are assuming that trading him next year involves him not coming back.  i am not assuming that.  D. Hall among others have said worst case he'd come when he gets vested this year if I recall that's week 10?

But anyway i'll play along if its not the case.

A.  He'd be 32

B.  You got what could be an historic draft right in front of you at LT

C.  You got FA.

Why would an older Trent plus many more options to fix LT at your disposable maintain his trade value versus now?

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Simple, your first rounder would do it. I have a feeling the Broncos will be a top-10, maybe even top-5 pick to go along with our own top-5 pick.... beautiful

have a feeling Houston won't be picking until the early 20s. Denver might have a top-5 pick.

we aren't going to be much worse than last year if at all

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You are assuming that trading him next year involves him not coming back.  i am not assuming that.  D. Hall among others have said worst case he'd come when he gets vested this year if I recall that's week 10?

But anyway i'll play along if its not the case.

A.  He'd be 32

B.  You got what could be an historic draft right in front of you at LT

C.  You got FA.

Why would an older Trent plus many more options to fix LT at your disposable maintain his trade value versus now?

because Trent is better than the free agents available an you're guaranteed to get a guy with a trade

Just now, carex said:

we aren't going to be much worse than last year if at all

because Trent is better than the free agents available an you're guaranteed to get a guy with a trade

Wishful thinking.... I see us picking in the top 5. We have more talent, yes, but we are not coached well. It's going down quickly...

5 minutes ago, carex said:

So teams won't care that he's a year older, has just one year left on his contract and that the draft then is likely special at the same position?   And they also got FA to fix that position, too.

I like Trent as much as anyone.  But I am not trading a first rounder for a 32 year old in the off season with all that's available.  Now, if i am a coach in a win now or else season or I think he could be the missing piece for the SB, I'd trade a first and change for Trent right now.  But not in the off season when there are potentially a bounty of other fish in the sea.  I mean maybe i'd give up a 2nd for Trent then but not a first. 

To me the difference between now and next off season is night and day.  If Trent was 26 and had 3 years left in his contract, I'd feel differently.    

35 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If it's schematic, why keep an asset such as Kerrigan when we can get a good return?

If it's him, he's not the asset we think he is.

I'm conflicted...just because he's the kind of guy you keep around as a leader.  He's on a very team friendly contract, for now. 

I could see a good defense wanting him, and letting him play out the rest of his contract.  You're not going to get a guy with his production, for the money he's getting paid, period.      

Archived