Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

48 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Excuse me when did this turn into the Kirk Cousins Thread?

It was a tangent someone else went on, that I commented on, and it was over before you ever commented on it. Feel free to ignore.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

When you burn bridges for as long as Snyder has, you better believe I will assume they are at fault.

That, to me, is an emotional reaction and not a logical one. I understand the emotional reaction, but personally, I rarely let the emotion dictate reality in my eyes.

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The tone in here shifted so suddenly that I assumed something big had happened, but backtracking it seems to all be about that DHall podcast info? Damn. 

Considering Hall's earlier comments after talking with Trent propelled the thread forward like a slingshot, it's not surprising, is it? lol...

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Can you sum it up for me ?

Were the sources considered accurate ?

Also, this from SIP:

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to that postcast with D. Hall who said he spoke to both Bruce and Trent.  Highlights:

A.  Bruce is sore about the timing of when Trent asked for a trade.  He told D.  Hall if you want a trade then tell him in January or February before FA not in Mini Camp.  D. Hall implied that Bruce told him one of the main reasons why Bruce is stubborn about not trading him is to make a point to Trent about how poor his timing was.  

B.  Trent's beefs are both the medical staff and money.

C.  Bruce is willing to cater to Trent's desires about the medical staff -- he told Trent tell him who to fire and he will fire that person.   Trent said he doesn't want to cost people their jobs. 

D.  They also want to make a point to Trent about money which is they aren't going to buckle for a hold out.  

E.  He thinks Trent eventually returns this season with or without a raise but he will do the same dance next year if its not settled and then they'd have to franchise him to keep him after that -- if they don't agree to a contract that he thinks is fair. 

D. Hall said if it were him he'd have traded Trent because if a player wants out, he'd let them out.  He added that it was likely a missed opportunity to trade him to the Texans.  He said he got into his thoughts on this and more with Bruce but Bruce counter argued it all.  And Bruce then got into a discussion of how good this team could be if certain things go down. 

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Can you sum it up for me ?

Were the sources considered accurate ?

I’ll sum it up for ya, 

Trent Williams has one of two problems..

1 He was ducking another failed drug test

2 The bud he was smoking all off season gave to many  munchies 

and had a couch lock effect, and made him lazy. 

Needed the extra private work Time. 

Im going with ducking a drug test... it could simply be he’s had enough with summer camp and pre season.

he really don’t need it anyway

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

I can't wait until this situation is resolved, although I don't see it happening anytime soon.  He goes from "100% never wearing that jersey again" to "oh I may report soon".  Not buying it.  Maybe BA said to Trent "if you really want out, I need to give ppl the impression you may come back to us, to help improve our leverage a bit.  Then maybe I'll get a deal I can live with." But if he wouldn't consider dealing him this past weekend, not sure why he would make this move so soon after.  Because the haul the Texans got made him realize we should've cashed out with him?  As has been discussed, still very strange all these bits of info we get, none of it is coming from Trent or his agent.

I had to chuckle when I heard BA said, "ok who do I need to fire to get you back".  Because how pathetic would that be?  Instead of investigating the situation yourself, and potentially finding someone acted poorly and firing them based on your findings, you just ask your disgruntled employee, who has been disgruntled for months, whose career he should ruin to try and win the player back.  You keep doing you brucey boy.

the "who do I need to fire" comment is not new, just new information, as in we just found out that when Trent started complaining about the medical staff Allen immediately took his complaintes seriously.  Plus you know if this is true then I consider Williams hanging another 52-89 players besides himself out to dry with a subpar medical staff worse.

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I wonder how Penn feels about the possibility of Trent returning.

Considering he was adamant about being a starter in his final year before retirement.

Not quite "adamant" about it...just wanted a legit chance.

Some tweets after he signed here:

Donald Penn said he signed for a chance to play LT. Reluctantly played RT as a team player, but at heart he's a LT. Said he came here for a chance to start, familiarity with Jay Gruden's offense, Bruce Allen, Doug Williams. Penn spoke with Trent Williams before signing #HTTR

— Rhiannon Walker (@InstantRHIplay) July 31, 2019

Donald Penn said he wanted to weigh his options, his kids are in California, had other teams calling and said Washington gave him time to think everything through. Jon Gruden texted him jokingly, "You can't shake the Grudens." #HTTR

— Rhiannon Walker (@InstantRHIplay) July 31, 2019

Donald Penn said he's open to being a swing tackle if Trent comes back.

— Matthew Paras (@Matthew_Paras) July 31, 2019

4 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

I’ll sum it up for ya, 

Trent Williams has one of two problems..

1 He was ducking another failed drug test

2 The bud he was smoking all off season gave to many  munchies 

and had a couch lock effect, and made him lazy. 

Needed the extra private work Time. 

Im going with ducking a drug test... it could simply be he’s had enough with summer camp and pre season.

he really don’t need it anyway

YOU CANNOT DUCK A DRUG TEST.  THE LEAGUE ADMINISTERS THEM, NOT YOUR TEAM

2 minutes ago, carex said:

The "avoid failing a drug test" angle will continue to be thrown out there, either jokingly or seriously lol...

That being said, if this mf'er fails another drug test after returning to the Skins...

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, carex said:

I thought I heard that the players no the exact date and time the test will take place..each year the annual pee testing day is 4/20..for obvious reasons...I guess its different if the league just says hey player come in for a ua.. and even then if that happened to that player that player can beat it..if I can they can..

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

I thought I heard that the players no the exact date and time the test will take place..

No, they don't.

They seriously and literally showed up at Kirk's Grandma's house one time, to get him to pee in a cup, for example.

If he knew that was coming, I don't think he'd put his Grandma through that.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

No, they don't.

They seriously and literally showed up at Kirk's Grandma's house one time, to get him to pee in a cup, for example.

If he knew that was coming, I don't think he'd put his Grandma through that.

I think I remember hearing that story..ahhhh from his win over tampa!?!?!...am I right am I right?..

My apologies..I stand corrected.

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I wonder if any of the Redskins look at this forum?

I do all the time...lol wonder if the redskins look at this forum 

1 hour ago, drowland said:

Really?  They traded for Randy Moss after he quit on the Raiders.  They took a flyer and traded for Albert Haynesworth after he quit on the Skins. Their starting safety just got busted for cocaine.  They're giving Gordon another chance after failing his 100th drug test.  They gave Aaron Herendez a big contract extension knowing the guy had some serious issues.  What Trent's done this off-season is nothing. 

Ok. Let me rephrase. There isn’t a chance in hell NE would give fair vAlue. They go to flea markets and bargain until they’re getting goods for peanuts. No way NE gives up a 1.

Archived