Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I was thinking the same thing.

I mean, why is it that arguable the 2 most high profile Redskins players who both broke their legs, had setbacks and infections for what is routine surgery, fixing a broken leg.

And then their #1 draft pick last year also has an infection and set back after surgery on another routine injury, especially in the NFL, of a torn ACL. 

It just doesn't make any sense.  

#1 draft pick last year got an infection? Daron Payne?

My opinion hasn't changed, even with Williams replacements being horrific. He's injury prone as is, and won't want to be here. What does the team do if he goes down? It's the same situation. Now is the time (now being before the season begins) to move him to maximize his trade value. As preseason wears on, his value will continue to trend up. But there will be a point where it doesn't only trend down, but it spikes down. The Skins need to find the right timing and move him. Keeping him, at this point, really doesn't seem like its even an option. 

Do something this franchise hasn't done since the Champ/Sheriff trade. Get a good return on investment with an eye towards the future.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Do something this franchise hasn't done since the Champ/Sheriff trade. Get a good return on investment with an eye towards the future.

Do you mean Champ/Portis? Is Sheriff a nick name for Portis? We lost that trade too, but at least we go a young player out of it. Knowning the Skins, we'd trade Trent and our #2 for a teams #1 or something idiotic like that.

Just now, dyst said:

Do you mean Champ/Portis? Is Sheriff a nick name for Portis? We lost that trade too, but at least we go a young player out of it. Knowning the Skins, we'd trade Trent and our #2 for a teams #1 or something idiotic like that.

Sheriff was one of his characters.

We absolutely did not lose that trade. Champ Bailey was leaving. Period. Was Champ the better player at a position that was more of a premium? Sure. But allegedly his wife gave him an ultimatum. He was gone.

I wish this misnomer would die. The deal with Denver was good for both sides.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Champ Bailey was leaving. Period. Was Champ the better player at a position that was more of a premium? Sure. But allegedly his wife gave him an ultimatum. He was gone.

Everyone avoids this now.  Can only imagine if they had done nothing and Champ had walked out the door.  "OMG YOU HAD TO GET SOMETHING!!!!"

16 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I wonder if many on here have ever read about our team doctors, I just did for the first time and these people are not working down at the free clinic.  They are established, experienced doctors and if you believe in online reviews from the standard medical review sites they seem to be very qualified people.

I'll sit back and wait for the **** storm of comments. 😀

Im sure they are awesome.  

But results are result.  

By all accounts Norv Turner is a great coach!  Players, owners, other coaches all love him and he is regarded as a offensive Genius. He is well established, always had good peer reviews -

But of course his actual NFL results told a different story.

For whatever reason -the Redskins medical staff is getting terrible results.  

Theory:  doctors have to take off their doctor hats to do their NFL duties, which is always "get him ready to go"

They probably get bonuses on starters games played.

I mean they would never publicaly endorse a guy playing through an injury, and if they told you that your son can play through his slightly torn ACL, or maybe able to get back from a broken leg in time for the playoffs, you'd wonder what their motives are.

Their training essentially dictates they tell the patient to rest an injury, right? Heck even I, an internets renowned internet doctor, know what RICE is.  RICE is damn effective. 

10 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Theory:  doctors have to take off their doctor hats to do their NFL duties, which is always "get him ready to go"

They probably get bonuses on starters games played.

I mean they would never publicaly endorse a guy playing through an injury, and if they told you that your son can play through his slightly torn ACL, or maybe able to get back from a broken leg in time for the playoffs, you'd wonder what their motives are.

Their training essentially dictates they tell the patient to rest an injury, right? Heck even I, an internets renowned internet doctor, know what RICE is.  RICE is damn effective. 

Man..that would make a great movie...I'd watch it any given Sunday. Honestly, I'd think these doctors have practices too and wouldn't jeopardize their license playing games. I don't understand how these players are getting a bye in the consequences of THEIR actions/in actions. RG3 not sitting to heal demanding to play, Trent not following up with a condition on HIS BODY and now Colt not wanting to blow a chance at starting and pushed himself too hard. These players often DEMAND playing despite doctors advice. Just like LT in AGS...they make the bucks for playing..not sitting.

The PLAYERS have ultimate control whether they play or not..it may cost them $$ but it's their call

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

I like RICE too. Wild RICE is extremely effective on it's own, but white RICE makes a great base for anything else you incorporate. I wonder what white and wild RICE mixed together would taste like?

@bakedtater1, you ever had potatoes and RICE? I haven't heard of a meal like that, but if it's ever been made, I'm sure you'd know of it.

46 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Man..that would make a great movie...I'd watch it any given Sunday. Honestly, I'd think these doctors have practices too and wouldn't jeopardize their license playing games. I don't understand how these players are getting a bye in the consequences of THEIR actions/in actions. RG3 not sitting to heal demanding to play, Trent not following up with a condition on HIS BODY and now Colt not wanting to blow a chance at starting and pushed himself too hard. These players often DEMAND playing despite doctors advice. Just like LT in AGS...they make the bucks for playing..not sitting.

The PLAYERS have ultimate control whether they play or not..it may cost them $$ but it's their call

I am sure the doctors are under a gag order of sorts.  And thus the medical side of the NFL will remain a great mystery. Certainly players play through injury for if they sit, someone is able to steal their job, and cripple their future income.

It's no secret pain killers are used. Heck Brett Favrebean was heavily addicted as he accepted accolades of being an iron man he was bending down behind the podium poppin em like candy. Guess what, he wasn't writing his own prescriptions. I am assuming he didn't purchase pills on the black web. I think being an NFL doctor is akin to working in a MASH unit.  They just do what is needed to get through the day.

Ice pack xray Ace Bandage pills, next.

Jay was *JUST* asked a question (I mean 1:00 PM and I'm posting this at 1:00 PM)

Reporter:  Have you talked to Trent in the past couple weeks?

Jay:  (Coyly) Talked?  . . . maybe.

Reporter:  Talked, texted?

Jay:  Maybe.  He's not here, so, we have to go with the guys who are here.

He didn't sound angry, there was no eyeroll, and he had two opportunities to defer that question or demur, and he didn't.  He earlier said he was getting Penn and another tackle ready, about two minutes prior.

Take it for what you will; I just didn't expect that answer.

37 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I like RICE too. Wild RICE is extremely effective on it's own, but white RICE makes a great base for anything else you incorporate. I wonder what white and wild RICE mixed together would taste like?

@bakedtater1, you ever had potatoes and RICE? I haven't heard of a meal like that, but if it's ever been made, I'm sure you'd know of it.

Yaaaa haha everyone's a ****ing comedian...lol totally kidding man..I mean I get it yall probably think its taters for breakfast lunch and dinner haha but no...I rarely buy a ten pound bag of taters and when I do almost half of them rott... I would never eat rice with potatoes...wayyyy to much starch.

19 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Jay was *JUST* asked a question (I mean 1:00 PM and I'm posting this at 1:00 PM)

Reporter:  Have you talked to Trent in the past couple weeks?

Jay:  (Coyly) Talked?  . . . maybe.

Reporter:  Talked, texted?

Jay:  Maybe.  He's not here, so, we have to go with the guys who are here.

He didn't sound angry, there was no eyeroll, and he had two opportunities to defer that question or demur, and he didn't.  He earlier said he was getting Penn and another tackle ready, about two minutes prior.

Take it for what you will; I just didn't expect that answer.

Seems like a pretty stock answer. And really, there probably isn't much behind it other than playing with words to drive the topic in a different direction.

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I wonder if many on here have ever read about our team doctors, I just did for the first time and these people are not working down at the free clinic.  They are established, experienced doctors and if you believe in online reviews from the standard medical review sites they seem to be very qualified people.

I'll sit back and wait for the **** storm of comments. 😀

Doc, a largely pro team guy, was poking at the staff being “award winning” on his show this AM.  Brought up an old John Thompson quote, about how award winning doesn’t mean jack unless something or the other.  Certainly wasn’t an endorsement of what they are doing.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Doc, a largely pro team guy, was poking at the staff being “award winning” on his show this AM.  Brought up an old John Thompson quote, about how award winning doesn’t mean jack unless something or the other.  Certainly wasn’t an endorsement of what they are doing.

Did Doc graduate with a PhD from Chris Cooley's college of alternate medicine? Otherwise, I'm sort of curious what he uses to assess how well they do their job besides his nickname being "Doc".

32 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Seems like a pretty stock answer. And really, there probably isn't much behind it other than playing with words to drive the topic in a different direction.

Do reporters actually believe that Jay will share his conversation with them that he had with Trent ?

I suspect that even if he talks with Trent, we won't hear anything about it, as long as Trent holds out, and until (and if) Trent returns.

We're not gonna hear Jay say "Yea, me and Trent were shootin the **** and he went off about the medical staff botching this and that, and that he wants these specific names fired, Dr So and So, Dr So and So, and those are his demands exactly "

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

26 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Did Doc graduate with a PhD from Chris Cooley's college of alternate medicine? Otherwise, I'm sort of curious what he uses to assess how well they do their job besides his nickname being "Doc".

I’ve never heard Cooley or Doc profess to be doctors.  Nor was Doc talking TW, because he does this annoying bit where he says he won’t talk about anyone that’s not playing.  They both also happen to always have the teams back, probably because they owe their post football careers to them. I have heard Cooley compare what he knows about how we stack up vs. the competition in the medical, strength and training, etc. side and says we’ve historically paled in comparison and believes more could be done.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ve never heard Cooley or Doc profess to be doctors.  They both also happen to always have the teams back, probably because they owe their post football careers to them. I have heard Cooley compare what he knows about how we stack up vs. the competition in the medical, strength and training, etc. side and says we’ve historically paled in comparison and believes more could be done.

Chris Cooley professed to know better than the team doctors and said Doctson's injured foot was actually homesickness. Ever since then, I have had great disdain for any talking heads claiming they know better than our medical staff. When it's two talk show hosts vs. everyone else, including those that give the rewards, I'm going to have a hard time picking the talk show hosts as being the experts we should listen to.

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

I was thinking the same thing.

I mean, why is it that arguable the 2 most high profile Redskins players who both broke their legs, had setbacks and infections for what is routine surgery, fixing a broken leg.

And then their #2 draft pick last year also has an infection and set back after surgery on another routine injury, especially in the NFL, of a torn ACL.

It just doesn't make any sense.  

Think about how the injuries occurred and you can see where infection was a huge risk. The longer a patient stays on the operating table, the greater the risk of infection. If hardware has to be implanted, the greater the risk of infection. Even the best surgeons and facilities can only reduce infection risk, but not eliminate it.  If you are going to base an opinion on surgeries as complex as these, you are deluding yourself and need to have friends and advisors who are willing to steer you back to reality.  If Trent is basing his opinions on these two cases, he needs someone that he trusts to help him understand. and as far as Colt goes, I would be willing to bet that there was a similar feeling from him as there was from RG3. Professional football players are alpha makes who never want to back down because of injury

I think we can all agree that pretty much nobody on this thread and none of the beat reporters or radio talk show hosts knows or understands what the different medical awards are based on, who determines the winners, why they pick the winners they do, and who--if anyone--was more deserving. That's why, to me at least, anyone claiming to devalue or dismiss any medical awards the Skins' med staff received in the past holds zero validity.

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I think we can all agree that pretty much nobody on this thread and none of the beat reporters or radio talk show hosts knows or understands what the different medical awards are based on, who determines the winners, why they pick the winners they do, and who--if anyone--was more deserving. That's why, to me at least, anyone claiming to devalue or dismiss any medical awards the Skins' med staff received in the past holds zero validity.

Agree.  though that point cuts both ways.  As an example, Sheehan seems to be dismissing Trent's gripe with the medical staff in part because of the awards.

But to stay on message, I hope this ends up in a trade.  I think everyone wins on that count unless Trent is traded to a bad team -- in that case Trent loses.  But otherwise I suspect Trent goes to a team that is better than we are right now.  And over the long haul, we benefit from the pick/picks in a trade. 

Archived