Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Fans think and act like fans all the time, throwing rationale and logic out the window in contract scenarios because they don’t like the reality of a situation.  I’m pretty sure he’s more than aware of that given all he’s seen and heard since he was drafted here.

To that point though, I think even those who are defending him need to understand it's a bad look...especially if you believe he does (which I agree with). 

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

To that point though, I think even those who are defending him need to understand it's a bad look...especially if you believe he does (which I agree with). 

A bad look how exactly?  It’s not the 80’s anymore.  There is a salary cap, CBA and the NFL prints money these days.  The days of hometown discounts and taking one for the team were gone decades ago.

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

1 year left of guaranteed money.  Trent has 2 years left, one of which is guaranteed money.  Different contract structure, same scenario from a guaranteed standpoint.

I'm not sure he has any guaranteed money left, I could be wrong but his contract was $41.25 M fully guaranteed at signing and he's going into year 4, if so it can't be much.

He's making $14.7M this year and $11M is his base salary.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

A bad look how exactly?  It’s not the 80’s anymore.  There is a salary cap, CBA and the NFL prints money these days.  The days of hometown discounts and taking one for the team were gone decades ago.

We aren't talking about him acting like Tom Brady here. He's been paid market value all along. He was even in the final draft class with the "uncapped" rookie wage scale, so he's made plenty of money. 

I think it's a bad look because he's collected his guarantees and is now holding the team hostage to collect more. Again, he's free to do it, but I think it's a bad look given he had a lucrative first contract, a lucrative extension, and is entering the downward trend of his career. It doesn't make him a monster, but it's a bad look. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Not necessarily. He cannot practice anyway, which is one of the tings we know for a fact. It's possible that he talked to the team before and they agreed he did not need to come. Again, we do not know all the inside facts yet. 

39 minutes ago, hailmary said:

If the team agreed for Trent to miss mini camp someone in the organization would have said such, I don't believe for a split second that's accurate! If you want to think that's accurate go ahead! 

23 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Never said that was a fact. Never even said I believed that. I said it's possible. And until we know the facts - it is just that, possible. Nothing more, nothing less. My whole point here is we don't know what we don't know. I have said what I think of some of the possible outcomes and it clearly is opposite of yours. But that does not mean every possibility I state is an absolute fact. 

you say it's possible and below i said i don't believe that's accurate ......never said anything different. Outcomes? "opposite of mine" ? AGAIN I have simply said Trent is hypocritical and gave reasons why.  .......not sure why you keep trying to put words or actions on me? Im moving on from this have a great evening!

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm not sure he has any guaranteed money left, I could be wrong but his contract was $41.25 M fully guaranteed at signing and he's going into year 4, if so it can't be much.

He's making $14.7M this year and $11M is his base salary.

His salary is $11M., he is not making $14.7M. That's his CAP hit due to his signing bonus being pro-rated. Next year his salary is $12.5M but his CAP hit will be about $14.6M. 

He has about $1.8M left in guaranteed money. Look at th CAP savings vs his salary. So that's $11M - $9.2M or about $1.8M.

here is from Overthecap: 

image.png.ba408534d8c2828a59d1096724eb618e.png

3 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

We aren't talking about him acting like Tom Brady here. He's been paid market value all along. He was even in the final draft class with the "uncapped" rookie wage scale, so he's made plenty of money. 

I think it's a bad look because he's collected his guarantees and is now holding the team hostage to collect more. Again, he's free to do it, but I think it's a bad look given he had a lucrative first contract, a lucrative extension, and is entering the downward trend of his career. It doesn't make him a monster, but it's a bad look. Just my opinion. 

And you're free to feel that way.  But I gather you're going to feel that way regularly from here on out, because it's a business.

1 minute ago, hailmary said:

you say it's possible and below i said i don't believe that's accurate ......never said anything different. Outcomes? "opposite of mine" ? AGAIN I have simply said Trent is hypocritical and gave reasons why.  .......not sure why you keep trying to put words or actions on me?

Lol  Seriously? You put words in peoples mouths all other time. Honesty, you are pretty good at it. It's a thing to be admired. BTW: You went on to say - If you believe that.... Left that part out....  🙂  But Ok, if it makes you feel better you were saying If and I was posing possibilities. Will leave it as a draw. 

And yes, we look at this differently - opposite. I am not angry at Trent at all where you at least appear to be. Maybe you are not. Not being sarcastic. I obviously do not know for sure, but in fairness if you read your posts back you may see they come off angry. Just saying. 

And I 100% disagree he has been hypocritical. That's just your view of it. It's not hypocritical for life situations to make reevaluate and change your mind or see things differently. 

It's all just opinions though. Keep up the vigil man. You re on it! Making sure everyone knows Trent is an asshole for looking out for himself - Ok that was putting words in your mouth. If I get accused might as well go for it!!   :cheers:

14 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Lol  Seriously? You put words in peoples mouths all other time. Honesty, you are pretty good at it. It's a thing to be admired. BTW: You went on to say - If you believe that.... Left that part out....  🙂  But Ok, if it makes you feel better you were saying If and I was posing possibilities. Will leave it as a draw. 

And yes, we look at this differently - opposite. I am not angry at Trent at all where you at least appear to be. Maybe you are not. Not being sarcastic. I obviously do not know for sure, but in fairness if you read your posts back you may see they come off angry. Just saying. 

And I 100% disagree he has been hypocritical. That's just your view of it. It's not hypocritical for life situations to make reevaluate and change your mind or see things differently. 

It's all just opinions though. Keep up the vigil man. You re on it! Making sure everyone knows Trent is an asshole for looking out for himself - Ok that was putting words in your mouth. If I get accused might as well go for it!!   :cheers:

YOU CONTINUE TO PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH ...IT'S ALLL IN BLACK &  WHITE. No wonder you support Trent in this situation, I suppose hypocrites act think alike :) Same goes about Trents contract How does anyone know, Trent may have demanded the guaranteed $$$$$ be up front ? chew on that! WHAT I do know is most players want their contracts front loaded surely not back loaded...........

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

And you're free to feel that way.  But I gather you're going to feel that way regularly from here on out, because it's a business.

Eh, I'm not so sure. Every circumstance is different. A RB who holds out for his second contract (likely the only/best time someone at that position will make significant money) looks much different to me than a LT (premium pay position) doing this 3 years after negotiating and cashing in with another big contract. I don't mind the business side of things...but in certain situations the players can come off as tone deaf. 

Regardless of my opinion, I hope the Redskins don't budge for the sake of the product on the field. Obviously they are better with Trent, but this opens a Pandora's Box. Will they bow to Kerrigan in a year or two if he does it? 

4 minutes ago, hailmary said:

YOU CONTINUE TO PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH ...IT'S ALLL IN BLACK &  WHITE. No wonder you support Trent in this situation, I suppose hypocrites act think alike :) Same goes about Trents contract How does anyone know, Trent may have demanded the guaranteed $$$$$ be up front ? chew on that!

Thanks for falling for that and giving me a chuckle! I literally said I was putting words in your mouth! I was messing with you!   :chair:    Hence the :cheers:

And just for the record - I do not support either Trent or the team nor am I pissed at either one. They are both doing what they need to do. It's a business. And they are each doing what they need to do what's best for themselves. Once they work it out we will see what really happened and will likely find out it's not anywhere near the big deal some are making it out to be. 

37 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

How is HONORING a contract you AGREED too taking a home town discount exactly?

16 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Thanks for falling for that and giving me a chuckle! I literally said I was putting words in your mouth! I was messing with you!   :chair:    Hence the :cheers:

And just for the record - I do not support either Trent or the team nor am I pissed at either one. They are both doing what they need to do. It's a business. And they are each doing what they need to do what's best for themselves. Once they work it out we will see what really happened and will likely find out it's not anywhere near the big deal some are making it out to be. 

I didn't fall for anything. YOU continue to spin out of control :) Again for someone who has been taking Trents side this last paragraph makes you look like a hypocrite 

50 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

wasn’t aware you were privy to what the FO and Trent and his agent are thinking in regard to his contract.  Either that or a lot of assuming on your part.

In regards to what? That he may have been cut? Don’t you think they would have addressed that position if that was the thought instead of letting Ty go? I’m not privy to anything but I do know Trent is under contract for the next two years.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He took that in 2015 when he could have made more leaving as practically every elite player can.

What? He was made the highest paid Tackle in NFL history. And then he put out this nugget on Twitter. I am wondering if he meant to say 3 years instead of 5 in that tweet?

Just now, clskinsfan said:

What? He was made the highest paid Tackle in NFL history. And then he put out this nugget on Twitter. I am wondering if he meant to say 3 years instead of 5 in that tweet?

On an equally strange note the divorce rate is over 50%, but those same divorcees say 'for better or for worse' and 'til death do us part'. What's up what that? 

1 minute ago, Unbias said:

On an equally strange note the divorce rate is over 50%, but those same divorcees say 'for better or for worse' and 'til death do us part'. What's up what that? 

Yep. 50% of marriages end in divorce. Just remember that when you get that divorce it COST YOU HALF of what you own.

Here's a sort of left tackles based on the average compensation per year. I know he's #7, but when I'm looking at the names ahead of him I don't see any players I'd rather have:

Player Team Age Total 
Value
Avg./Year Total 
Guaranteed
Fully 
Guaranteed
Free 
Agency
Taylor Lewan Titans 28 $80,000,000 $16,000,000 $50,000,000 $34,000,000 2024 UFA
Nate Solder Giants 31 $62,000,000 $15,500,000 $34,800,000 $34,800,000 2022 UFA
Jake Matthews Falcons 27 $72,500,000 $14,500,000 $41,350,000 $25,946,000 2024 UFA
Donovan Smith Buccaneers 26 $41,250,000 $13,750,000 $27,000,000 $27,000,000 2022 UFA
Russell Okung Chargers 31 $53,000,000 $13,250,000 $25,000,000 $25,000,000 2021 UFA
Trent Williams Redskins 31 $66,000,000 $13,200,000 $41,250,000 $30,000,000 2021 UFA
Terron Armstead Saints 28 $65,000,000 $13,000,000 $38,000,000 $20,880,000 2022 UFA
Tyron Smith Cowboys 29 $97,600,000 $12,200,000 $40,000,000 $22,118,013 2024 UFA
David Bakhtiari Packers 28 $48,000,000 $12,000,000 $16,000,000 $16,000,000 2021 UFA
Eric Fisher Chiefs 28 $48,000,000 $12,000,000 $40,000,000 $22,000,000 2022 UFA
Riley Reiff Vikings 31 $58,750,000 $11,750,000 $26,300,000 $26,300,000 2022 UFA
Duane Brown Seahawks 34 $34,500,000 $11,500,000 $16,000,000 $14,250,000 2022 UFA
Andrew Whitworth Rams 38 $33,750,000 $11,250,000 $15,000,000 $15,000,000 2020 UFA
Anthony Castonzo Colts 31 $43,812,000 $10,953,000 $35,000,000 $18,000,000 2020 UFA
Charles Leno, Jr. Bears 28 $37,000,000 $9,250,000 $18,000,000 $13,697,000 2022 UFA
Joe Staley 49ers 35 $17,500,000 $8,750,000 $0 $0 2020 UFA
Kelvin Beachum Jets 30 $24,000,000 $8,000,000 $12,000,000 $12,000,000 2020 UFA
Matt Kalil Texans 30 $7,500,000 $7,500,000 $2,250,000 $2,250,000 2020 UFA
Greg Robinson Browns 27 $6,500,000 $6,500,000 $500,000 $500,000 2020 UFA
Jason Peters Eagles 37 $6,000,000 $6,000,000 $3,500,000 $3,500,000 2020 UFA
Alejandro Villanueva Steelers 31 $24,000,000 $6,000,000 $6,500,000 $6,500,000 2021 UFA

@Unbias You say that on that list you don't see any players you'd rather have over Trent.... If Trent was capable of making it through a season healthy these days i might agree with you. Moving forward with reality, he has not been able to last through a season anymore. Giving him more money than he is already getting to play 8 games or so is not money well spent. He needs to put on his big boy pants and join his teammates. 

Archived