Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

48 minutes ago, visionary said:

If it’s true they began hiding transcripts in a more secure system in direct response to those transcripts being leaked to the press, that could easily end up helping Trump.  Right now the narrative is, in part, that Trump hid this specific phone call.  It makes him look guilty.  If it was just one of many hidden specifically in response to a security concern (leaks to the press), then they’ll have some room to spin it as a reasonable course of action.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Destino said:

If it’s true they began hiding transcripts in a more secure system in direct response to those transcripts being leaked to the press, that could easily end up helping Trump.  Right now the narrative is, in part, that Trump hid this specific phone call.  It makes him look guilty.  If it was just one of many hidden specifically in response to a security concern (leaks to the press), then they’ll have some room to spin it as a reasonable course of action.

outside of those already sipping the kool-aid, who would believe them?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mammajamma said:

I'm glad that you're keeping an open mind on this new investigation, but im so tired of this argument. The gov't acquired more money than the entire cost from just 1 person alone because of the investigation. aside from the $, over 30 people were convicted of crimes, and even trump was shown to have committed crimes in the report (the media forgets to mention this a lot), but mueller said he couldnt convict a sitting president.. thats some "witch hunt" 

I knew it would be impossible to actually have a brief exchange of ideas with this crew.  All 87 of you can have the last word

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, kfrankie said:

I knew it would be impossible to actually have a brief exchange of ideas with this crew.  All 87 of you can have the last word

What are you so mad about? That he presented facts refuting your opinion? That he said he’s tired of the argument? That he put “witch hunt” in quotation marks?  Either way, toughen up a little bit. Christ.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What are the odds William Barr drops a concocted "DEEP STATE REPORT" sometime early next week in order to divert attention away from this, hoping to merely muck up the news cycle?  You know the GOP is hanging their hats on some made up BS about the investigators being the "real criminals" so I have a feeling Barr has something ludicrous written up, but is holding onto it for the right time. Perhaps the original plan was to save it for the general election, but with this Ukraine stuff blowing up, they might go code red a lot sooner. 

1 minute ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but why did Trump release the (redacted) "transcript" when he has had such success stonewalling with the executive privilege argument? The DNI director basically said his releasing it is the only reason we got to see the whistleblower complaint.

Because in Trump's mind, unless the "transcript" showed him saying word for word "Give me Joe Biden's head on a platter or else you get no foreign aid" then it was good for him.  I am more surprised those around Trump didn't talk him out of it. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, twa said:

I'd warn of the precedent of such a investigation, but I'm enjoying this too much to care.

A person who had no problem with Congress spending four years investigating the real estate deals of the legal clients of the wife of an opposition politician, and whether he's ever cheated on his wife, and another four on the lack of Marine guards at a facility that didn't have any guards because it wasn't supposed to be an American facility.  

Yeah, investigating the President's diversion of federal funds so that he can extort the head of a foreign country into generating a fake scandal against a political opponent, and the subsequend conspiracies to cover it up, well, that might be a dangerous precedent.  The people doing the investigating might abuse that power, you know.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is a clip out there from Fox (it might have already been posted in here somewhere) of Laura Ingraham......yes, LAURA INGRAHAM tripping up Rudy Guiliani with a question.  Not sure if it was on purpose or she was trying to set him up with an out that he wasn't prepared for.  

She basically asked him, "If this was an investigation merely about corruption from the Biden's why would Trump not assign the FBI to it, and instead send you?"  Guiliani damn near turned back into a bat right then and there. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Got a question for everyone,

Now that all of this (whatever it ends up being) has come to light.  What would Ukraine's role, if anything, be in this investigation? Is there any kind of precedent of going directly to them and asking, "eh....care to fill us in here?"

I wouldn't have a problem with Congress asking Ukraine if they happen to have a recording of the conversation.  You know, one that hasn't been in Trump's possession.  

I'd take it with a huge grain of salt.  I mean, it's information which has been in the hands of a foreign government.  One which is in a position to be easily threatened or similar pressures.  

But I'd love to see Trump's co-conspirators reaction when it occurs to them that they might not be in a position to withhold fabricate, or alter the evidence at will.  

Especially after Trump's co-conspirators just might have edited out Trump's sins from the "transcript", but intentionally kept in every bit of Ukraine's groveling.  

Edited by Larry
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic