Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

38 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

“John Bolton is a patriot and may know that I held back the money from Ukraine because it is considered a corrupt country, & I wanted to know why nearby European countries weren’t putting up money also.”

That makes no ****ing sense.

sure it does. 

we didn’t want to give money to a corrupt Ukraine. 

at the same time we also wanted our European allies to give money to a corrupt Ukraine

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Actually, Trump didn't want to give money so he could corrupt the old corrupt regime further and also corrupt the new regime that campaigned on a non-corruption platform, to force both regimes to announce but not really conduct an investigation into the Bidens. If the regimes gave into Trump's coercion and actually announced an investigation into the Bidens, then Trump (maybe) would give them the money that Congress passed legislation on and Trump signed into law. 

Trump is a despot.

• Like 3

The nice thing about Bolton dropping this now is how royally it screws GOP senators.

I have pretty much no doubt that the plan was to get to the witness vote and acquittal before the Bolton stuff dropped, hence the rush.  The WH got the manuscript on Dec 30.  They knew the clock was running.

Mitch undoubtedly learned of the manuscript and the fact that it damned Trump from the WH.

Mitch's plan was almost certainly to get this acquittal done before Bolton's 30 day review deadline for the WH was done.  It's why the WH told GOP Senators their heads would be on a pike if they voted for witnesses; not only did they desperately need to keep John Bolton away from the Senate, they needed to end the whole trial before any of his book stuff snuck out.

Now they're screwed.  They vote against witnesses, and especially Bolton, now, they are toast come November.  The book comes out in March.  Who knows how many other shoes will drop.  How many more recordings does Lev have?

The adds against GOP senators up for re-election write themselves.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Now they're screwed.  They vote against witnesses, and especially Bolton, now, they are toast come November.  The book comes out in March.  Who knows how many other shoes will drop.  How many more recordings does Lev have?

no they aren’t. Nothing at all would happen if they voted no witnesses and immediately voted to acquit. This could be done in a week and a few swing state senators *might* lose some votes in tough elections. But they might lose them anyway. There is nothing to make me

believe the GOP fears any voter repercussions for their actions or they wouldn’t have done 99% of the villainous traitorous acts they have done. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

no they aren’t. Nothing at all would happen if they voted no witnesses and immediately voted to acquit. This could be done in a week and a few swing state senators *might* lose some votes in tough elections. But they might lose them anyway. There is nothing to make me

believe the GOP fears any voter repercussions for their actions or they wouldn’t have done 99% of the villainous traitorous acts they have done. 

Maybe screwed is too strong.

They will definitely pay some electoral price.  It's probably 50-50 if it's enough for Dems to retake the Senate, but if R's played it smart they would definitely not lose the Senate.

And if they don't have the House AND lose the Senate, then, win or lose the election in November, Trump is going to have a very bad four years, what with Senate Dems now having subpoena power and the like.

It's amazing how many people who have worked with Trump for a year or two decide to claim he's a lying juvenile wannabe gangster crook.  Obviously, all of them were agents who were successfully planted there.  

The next ones will be, too.  

• Like 1

Yeah, is only they'd had more warning that some facts were about to come out, they might have selected different lies to go with.  

Anybody want to try to get some good laughs, and suggest that the R's reactions to these facts will be to actually admit that they're facts, and take them into account?

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Blindsided?

Either these people are stupid or think we are.

The panic has begun.  It still might not get him removed, but if senators start trying to save face to protect against the ads in November,  they are in for a rude awakening, it's too late to go full NeverTrumper.

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Anybody want to try to get some good laughs, and suggest that the R's reactions to these facts will be to actually admit that they're facts, and take them into account?

I’m sure they will admit it. And then they will say that there is nothing wrong with what Trump did. 

The final stage was always going to be “yeah he illegally blocked aid to request foreign interference in elections for his own political again” and “there is nothing wrong with this”.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This white house occupant is such an easy mark.  He will believe anything, even "people he doesnt know" tell him.

That said, i hope they vote for witnesses, and still acquit despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

At this point i want to trade one corrupt trial for the senate majority.  

• Like 2
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic