Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread


Impeachment  

198 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?



Recommended Posts

Just now, Destino said:

Pompeo actually had a map with no names just lying around?  Is that something fancy folks hang on their walls or something?  That strikes me as a fairly useless item to own.  

I do wonder if he picked that up for the express purpose of challenging people to point to places on the map to try to shut them up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Destino said:

Pompeo actually had a map with no names just lying around?  Is that something fancy folks hang on their walls or something?  That strikes me as a fairly useless item to own.  

 

He probably uses it in his world domination fantasies, writing in names of countries like Pompeoslavia, Republic of MRP, etc. maybe playing Risk on it.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the GOP defense starts tomorrow.  Any chance they come up with logical reason that if Trump felt there was legitimate corruption to investigate why he didn't go to his justice department, congress, intelligence community, law enforcement etc etc......?   Does the GOP really plan to go full HAM and say his own appointees were "deep state" officials that he couldn't trust?

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Destino said:

Pompeo actually had a map with no names just lying around?  Is that something fancy folks hang on their walls or something?  That strikes me as a fairly useless item to own.  

 

Never know when they'll need a blank map and a Sharpie to back up something Trump said.  

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish Schift or someone else would have straight up dated Trump to come testify and say they understand why he is scared.  I feel like that would be fun to watch.

 

 

Separate hypothetical question, let's say they did get 67 votes to remove him from office.  When does that take affect?  Is he escorted out of the White House immediately?  Is there a lame duck period before it becomes official?  Anyone know?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 9:14 PM, spjunkies said:

I might be losing it, but I think some republican are being pushed back to reality. Don't want to get my hopes up too much but I truly think there is something happening. 

Nothing is happening.  This thing could over by next Saturday.

 

I guarantee you threats have been made to the GOP Senators either from McConnell and/or Trump that anyone that votes for witness, will suffer.  Mitch wants the vote for additional witnesses to be no and then he will hold a vote to acquit.  Anyone who votes to acquit will suffer.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Admiring the notion that the political party who:  

 

1)  Spent four years using Congress' unlimited investigatory power, to try to find anything politically embarrassing in Bill Clinton's sex life.  

 

2)  Spent four years using Congress' unlimited investigatory power, to try to find anything politically embarrassing in Hillary Clinton's emails.  (And is still doing it.)  

 

Will now try to argue that a President, in front of witnesses, asking the head of a foreign government to help out his political campaign (and backed up by the government funds which he has diverted) cannot be punished in any way, because Congress has to have a better reason to investigate.  

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I really wish Schift or someone else would have straight up dated Trump to come testify and say they understand why he is scared.  I feel like that would be fun to watch.

 

 

Separate hypothetical question, let's say they did get 67 votes to remove him from office.  When does that take affect?  Is he escorted out of the White House immediately?  Is there a lame duck period before it becomes official?  Anyone know?

He would have to immediately go, I think.  As soon as they can get a judge to give Pence the oath.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He would have to immediately go, I think.  As soon as they can get a judge to give Pence the oath.

I haven't been able to find anything on it.  Will there be a judge standing by next to Pence just in case?  Has no one even thought of how this would work?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I haven't been able to find anything on it.  Will there be a judge standing by next to Pence just in case?  Has no one even thought of how this would work?

I heard someone talk about it on the radio.

 

Found an article:

 

The Senate won’t vote to remove President Trump. But what happens if it did?

 

Here's what happens if Trump gets convicted by the Senate

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

These ****ing frauds. 
 

 

88AD577B-40B8-4539-94CE-AE9B1754F145.png

 

Biggest snowflakes in the country. "We were about to vote to remove him but then he mentioned a CBS report." They just look for reasons to excuse whatever Trump has done. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

These ****ing frauds. 
 

 

88AD577B-40B8-4539-94CE-AE9B1754F145.png

 

 

Those ****ers.  Before that it was the preposterous notion that Schiff was misleading the nation because of his off-the-cuff, sarcastic characterization of the phone call.  **** these people.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...