Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread


Impeachment  

198 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?



Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Dan T. said:

 

[Russian bot]

 

less credible

 

z's an evangelical christian

 

 

:evil:

 

 

:D

 

 

 

(sorry z, you know i'll lower myself for a gag if i see one---btw, zguy has been a stable and honest broker for his views for years here and unless my recall is amiss, he is not trump-friendly)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Why are charges not being brought against anyone leaking the whistleblowers name (and especially because of the specific law that protects whistleblowers in the intelligence community)? 

 

I'm pretty sure it does not guarantee anonymity, it protects from govt retribution......whoever leaked it originally might be in legal jeopardy if a govt employee.

 

or it might just be deduced from the information available

 

add

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/11/legal-implications-of-outing-the-whistleblower/

 

Federal law prevents only inspectors general and their staffs from revealing the name of a whistleblower.

Edited by twa
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, twa said:

 

I'm pretty sure it does not guarantee anonymity, it protects from govt retribution......whoever leaked it originally might be in legal jeopardy if a govt employee.

 

or it might just be deduced from the information available

It could also be a shot in the dark.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, twa said:

 

I'm pretty sure it does not guarantee anonymity, it protects from govt retribution......whoever leaked it originally might be in legal jeopardy if a govt employee.

 

or it might just be deduced from the information available

 

Under the 1998 Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act, the intelligence community inspector general is not allowed to disclose the identity of the whistleblower, except if it’s unavoidable. So while that person is protected, I guess it doesn't keep this corrupt dumbass administration from leaking his/her name. That's what totally innocent admins do, right?

 

From another article, the whistleblower was revealed to be a Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) officer, and CIA employees are protected by a 2014 amendment to that 1998 act.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hersh said:

 

You seem to have found the only so called liberal part of the entire country that thinks that.

maybe. Cape Cod is full of old people. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of people who hate him there. Many more than not, but I was surprised when it came up several times at parties. I was expecting one thing, which I agree with btw (he should be removed from office, #nevertrump), and got another.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

 

less credible

 

z's an evangelical christian

 

 

:evil:

 

 

:D

 

 

 

(sorry z, you know i'll lower myself for a gag if i see one---btw, zguy has been a stable and honest broker for his views for years here and unless my recall is amiss, he is not trump-friendly)

 

Bless you my friend. ;)

 

Worse than that, I am an evangelical church leader who has left the GOP and advises youth to not go to Liberty U.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zguy28 said:

maybe. Cape Cod is full of old people. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of people who hate him there. Many more than not, but I was surprised when it came up several times at parties. I was expecting one thing, which I agree with btw (he should be removed from office, #nevertrump), and got another.

 

I believe what you are saying. I don’t believe anyone that says they are a Democrat and are embarrassed by impeachment. Unless they are embarrassed they didn’t impeach him awhile ago.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Susan WaffleHouse Collins is open to calling witnesses.

Well that’s awful sporting of her.

 

Schiff & Pelosi should offer to resign if Trump stops blocking Mulvaney, Bolton, etc from testifying and they exonerate him under oath.

 

And / or Biden can offer to drop out if same.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Drunk Rudy sounds as crazy as sober Rudy.  

 

And he still does that weird wide-eyed thing where it looks like just got goosed.

 

Happy New Year, you blathering dotard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The **** is Rudy even talking about there? What case? Against Biden?


Assume so. Or else he wants to prosecute Schiff. Or the FBI. Or just about anybody else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 4:05 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Why are charges not being brought against anyone leaking the whistleblowers name (and especially because of the specific law that protects whistleblowers in the intelligence community)? 

 

From retaliation yes, not from being identified. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...