Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

So the new excuse is that he was blackmailing Ukraine to help solve the mystery of the hacked DNC server?

He wasn't trying to bully them into manufacturing fake evidence against Biden's son. He was trying to bully them into manufacturing fake evidence against themselves, for the Russian hack. 

Yes, they actually think that's a defense. 

14 minutes ago, twa said:

do you have ANY support for the manufacturing accusation?

Or did you just pull it out of your Philly?

Comey’s testimony & the Mueller report.

Is there ANY evidence that Ukraine does have the server? Why did Trump say he thinks Hillary’s emails may be over there? He doesn’t even know which server he’s cooking up BS on. ANY evidence of all this corruption from Hunter and Joe and Obama that Trump keeps prattling on about?

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Comey’s testimony & the Mueller report.

Is there ANY evidence that Ukraine does have the server? Why did Trump say he thinks Hillary’s emails may be over there? He doesn’t even know which server he’s cooking up BS on. ANY evidence of all this corruption from Hunter and Joe and Obama that Trump keeps prattling on about?

Comey and Mueller did not address Ukraine and co....among other things.

There can be no evidence w/o a investigation.  (though hunter admits he only got the job because of dad}

15 minutes ago, twa said:

Why did you waste 10 minutes of my life? Allow me to Schiffesquely recreate the conversation. 

twa: Judges

Sacks: Unqualified ideologues in the pockets of lobbyists?

twa: Have you seen the dem candidates potential judges?

Sacks: No

twa: Me neither. Here’s a link to an article that doesn’t say anything. Now we’re not talking about how full of **** I am, how I don’t believe in anything, and how I will mindlessly comply to my master’s commands 100% of the time... probably as a way of subconsciously fulfilling my suppressed fantasies of BDSM homoeroticism.

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Is that an illustration of you drinking the republicans kool-aid?

In the previous hour or so, he has announced that Rick Perry was a good appointment, and that Trump is better at foreign policy than Hillary. (And I haven't caught up in the thread yet.)

And you're judging his Kool-Aid-ness based on his choice of emoji?

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I mean, Mitch is already telling people that any impeachment hearings in the Senate will be brief and that Trump will be absolved. Lindsey Graham told GOP senators to pledge a loyalty oath to Trump. There’s zero point in letting them put this to bed quickly.

Agreed. The Senate trial will be a sham. It'll be the equivalent of the follow up "investigation" that the DoJ did of Kavanaugh. Mitch basically gets to make the rules for the impeachment trial so he'll likely do everything in his power to make it super short, allow as little evidence as possible, limit the House managers (prosecutors) as much ass possible, and try to keep as much of it from the public as possible. As you said, we already have a Republican Senator literally calling for a "loyalty pledge" before POTUS is even impeached. Shouldn't that be grounds for some sort of recusal? Even Susan "I have a back piece that says 'I'M VERY CONCERNED' in Comic Sans font" Collins has basically said "whatever" about impeachment. 

The only ways I see anything changing is

1) Trump's base turns on him. Won't ever happen. Ever. He could literally take a dump on the Statue of Liberty and wipe his ass with the Constitution while having sex with an underage boy who's also an illegal alien and they'd still cheer him.

2) Enough of the non hardcore-Trump-Supporter electorate continues to sour on him to the point where 20 Senators from more moderate states get together in private and agree to vote against him. That's still super far fetched but certainly more likely than #1. There's already a majority of the country that not only wants Trump impeached but also removed from office. 

As long as the revelations keep coming, the Dems can just milk it. Though it honestly isn't even just "milking it" IMO, because it seems like every day a new possible article of impeachment comes up. At this rate it could take them a couple months just to WRITE the thing before they vote on it. 

3 hours ago, twa said:

I heard the same on the Mueller investigation, but here we are still calling him POTUS.

Maybe I ain't the one chuggin koolaid

The public wasn't anywhere near as favorable about impeachment after the Mueller report came out. I don't think it ever got above 35% in favor. Now it's over 50% in pretty much every recent poll, not just in favor of impeachment, but impeachment and removal. This thing has legs, whether you like it or not. 

(Sorry @No Excuses)

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Trump probably wanted to admit the crimes at a later day.

Trump is such a nutcase that he's probably more pissed about Mulvaney getting so much media attention than the fact that he literally just admitted to exactly what they've been saying never happened for weeks. 

8 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

That's quite a few times I've now heard/seen comments from Republicans about this being a "Soviet style" proceeding. Seems they've moved on from "kangaroo court" after they realized how dumb it sounded (or possibly after someone informed Matt Gaetz that it has nothing to do with Captain Kangaroo).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Soviet Union didn't have impeachment. Closest thing would be a pellet of high grade Polonium. 

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Soviet Union didn't have impeachment. Closest thing would be a pellet of high grade Polonium. 

8 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

“SECRET” Soviet Style Impeachment at that.

Y'all didn't know about it cause it was secret. Checkmate, liberals.

13 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

@hockeysc23

@dchogs

@PokerPacker
@Forehead

@Long n Left

@PleaseBlitz

@abdcskins

All you folks who voted maybe before October has your opinion changed with the current Ukrainian scandal.

Curious why I got grouped here. Do my posts lead you to believe I have one iota of respect for the idiot in charge? If so, may want to look at my posting history a little closer.

I was vocal before the 2016 election that anyone who takes this knucklehead seriously, is a knucklehead in complicity. And, any woman who votes for this misogynist and racist ass wipe has zero self-worth. Just sayin...

Archived