No Excuses

The Impeachment Thread

Impeachment  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

19 minutes ago, twa said:

You know you're ****ed when you object to valid questions being asked.

That’s a true statement.

Wait, YOU said that??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Eh....

A reporter then questioned Mulvaney on his explanation saying it sounds like a quid-pro-quo to which Mulvaney said: “We do that all the time with foreign policy.”

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/impeachment-inquiry-10-17-2019/h_61d56f438d98f410c66f72b318d13831

Not that we are shocked or anything, but we can officially throwaway the last month or so of right-wing media repeating "No Quid Pro Quo" over and over. 

Gaetz ready to slurp up his leader. Expect him to still slurp when Trump admits it was about the reelection.

Edited by Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

You know your ****ed when your only defense is "Yea I did it so the **** what!?" 

No. They don't know that. Because that has been a part of their "defense" since the Trump Tower meeting and the firing of James Comey. 

"I have no concerns......about the thing we've spent the last month denying having have happened.....yep, no concerns at all"

15 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Gaetz ready to slurp up his leader. Expect him to still slurp when Trump admits it was about the reelection.

I think we are pretty close to the point where the only people left supporting him are the ones willing to slurp up whatever it is Trump squirts out. Some of them begrudgingly. But most are twa 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2

This stuff really writes itself, a story breaks about another awful thing Trump did.  His minions go out and deny it on a daily basis, when their narrative shatters due to.....the truth.....then suddenly there was nothing wrong with him doing the thing in the first place.  Oy. 

• Sad 1

Everyone saw it coming. “No quid pro quo” was always going to morph into “it’s perfectly fine” because only a dumbass believed “no quid pro quo” two weeks ago.

Now with multiple government officials, inside and outside the WH confirming that this was basically a dumb, criminal scheme carried out by even dumber people, we end up with “nothing wrong went down”.

”Nothing wrong with it” isn’t going to work when majority of the public believes you did something wrong already.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Oh, a big part of it is still simply redefining reality. Trying to find a way to phrase what it's firmly known they did, in a different way. 

"The President has the right to fire the head of the FBI". Yes, he does. He doesn't have the right to fire him for refusing an order to obstruct justice. 

"The President has the right to talk to foreign leaders". Yes, he does. He doesn't have the right to talk to them about the thing he wants them to do for his reelection campaign. 

"Lots of foreign policy involves quid pro quo". Yes, it does. In fact, it can be plausibly argued that all of it does. But it's quid pro quo to benefit the country.  Not to benefit the President's business, or his campaign. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

Oh, a big part of it is still simply redefining reality. Trying to find a way to phrase what it's firmly known they did, in a different way. 

"The President has the right to fire the head of the FBI". Yes, he does. He doesn't have the right to fire him for refusing an order to obstruct justice. 

"The President has the right to talk to foreign leaders". Yes, he does. He doesn't have the right to talk to them about the thing he wants them to do for his reelection campaign. 

"Lots of foreign policy involves quid pro quo". Yes, it does. In fact, it can be plausibly argued that all of it does. But it's quid pro quo to benefit the country.  Not to benefit the President's business, or his campaign. 

Your problem is the latter parts are speculation.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So....does Trump want to resign secretly, or are the people he hires just this stupid?

I think he is gearing up for that.

He wants to resign and keep his money.

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Almost posted this in the QAnon thread

LOCK THEM UP!!!!

”No collusion”, says the party once again caught receiving illegal foreign campaign funds from Russians.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Everyone saw it coming. “No quid pro quo” was always going to morph into “it’s perfectly fine” because only a dumbass believed “no quid pro quo” two weeks ago.

The problem is that those dumbasses number in the 10s of millions and they will will now immediately believe the new lie... because they’re ****ing dumbasses.

25 minutes ago, twa said:

It’s actually not but you’re right on cue 😂

B934F4F1-899F-49F4-9AC9-493146791A79.jpeg

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

Seems funny if those are not speculation that Nancy hasn't had a vote for impeachment.

Maybe she is in on it. :kickcan:

So No Collusion was Trump code for, "The best collusion, perhaps in the history of the country, perfect collision!"

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, twa said:

Your problem is, they're not.  

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So....does Trump want to resign secretly, or are the people he hires just this stupid?

I think he wants out or is just insane. Maybe both. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I think he wants out or is just insane. Maybe both. 

I have thought many times that he wants out but doesn't want to quit. He wants republican martyrdom.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I have thought many times that he wants out but doesn't want to quit. He wants republican martyrdom.

Yep. H may actually shoot someone on 5th avenue in the end. "Come on, people! What do I have to do?!"

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Larry said:

Your problem is, they're not.  

Why would it be my problem?

I've been trying to get him impeached since he was elected.

• Haha 2