No Excuses

The Impeachment Thread

Impeachment  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

5 hours ago, Larry said:

Just wondering:  

I wonder if maybe we could have senate (and maybe house) R's voting to impeach/remove Trump if the votes are held after it's too late for said R's to get primaried.  

I really hope that a good chunk of the R's on capitol hill are utterly sickened at the way they're selling their souls to this swamp creature, but they're terrified by the Trump voters primarying them out.  I wonder if, if the primary deadline has passed, and the next election is the general, then maybe their self preservation calculations might change?  

That question presumes their voters would change. EverTrumpers don't become NeverTrumpers. Therefore...  😐

Just to be clear imposing morals about corruption was never considered bad

by to be clear, I mean say the obvious thing everyone knows but one of us pretends isnt the case

• Like 1

1 hour ago, visionary said:

I'm shocked!  Shocked to find out that fraud is going on here!

EvenBossyAiredaleterrier-size_restricted

• Thanks 1

If he thought his **** up with Turkey and the Kurds would help him, he's guessed wrong. 

The old addage that a president who's fighting a war will be re-elected isn't going to work for him this time. The revelations about more calls to foreign countries to investigate his political opponents and indeed him asking China for the same during a televised press event is clearly illegal and rises to impeachment articles. 

Oops. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

If he thought his **** up with Turkey and the Kurds would help him, he's guessed wrong. 

The old addage that a president who's fighting a war will be re-elected isn't going to work for him this time. The revelations about more calls to foreign countries to investigate his political opponents and indeed him asking China for the same during a televised press event is clearly illegal and rises to impeachment articles. 

Oops. 

I think the distinction is between "a President fighting a war" and "a President who's fleeing a war that he claims we won, so fast that we're bombing our own weapons and ammo because we don't have time to take them with us".  

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

You know your ****ed when your only defense is "Yea I did it so the **** what!?" 

• Thanks 1

You know you're ****ed when you object to valid questions being asked.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They know that they're got.  Sondland is gonna basically give it away 80-90% and Rudy is gonna fill in the last 10-20% whether he wants to or not.

So the strat now is to admit it.  Get ahead of it and normalize it.  That way, when formal evidence is forthcoming, the Trumpists won't be surprised and waiting for talking points, they'll have their arguments lined up and ready to go.

• Thanks 1

1. No Quid Quo Pro

2. Well maybe, but it wasn't a corrupt one

3. Ok it happened, but not illegal

4. Yes, it happened, so what, get over it.

Guarantee the majority of Trumpers are still sticking to the "it was a perfect call" narrative and are unaware of anything else. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

They know that they're got.  Sondland is gonna basically give it away 80-90% and Rudy is gonna fill in the last 10-20% whether he wants to or not.

So the strat now is to admit it.  Get ahead of it and normalize it.  That way, when formal evidence is forthcoming, the Trumpists won't be surprised and waiting for talking points, they'll have their arguments lined up and ready to go.

Yep. No longer will people need to say "Well the Ukrainian President said there was no quid pro quo." It's going to be more hilarious to see the cowardice of Republican Senators when they're asked if it's okay to ask foreign governments to help in American elections.