Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Matt Gaetz is the worst of the Trumpers. Willing to lie his ass off for Donnie’s good graces. 

Yeah well at this pace, your grandchildren will be reading textbooks about what a hero he is. It'll be right after the chapter about how Trump's combat heroics single-handedly won the Vietnam War.

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

How the hell are people less supportive of impeachment after everything that's happened?

Are we going to be stuck on this hell spiral forever?

It's within the margin of error. Can't really draw that conclusion.

21 minutes ago, visionary said:

How the hell are people less supportive of impeachment after everything that's happened?

this entire ordeal has shown me that America is really ****ing stupid and they are willfully ****ing stupid

i honestly dont know how you combat people who are happy in their ignorance and stupidity. that depresses me more than the individual act of this dude in office. he will eventually die, a joyous occasion indeed, the rest of the dumbasses will remain though.

I think also there is probably a lack of fundamental understanding of how the impeachment process actually works.

I bet if you poll a lot of people they think an impeachment inquiry means it is a foregone conclusion as opposed to gathering information to see if impeachment is the best way to move forward.

Also, how many people out there do you think don't realize that after impeachment, the Senate still holds hearings to determine whether to remove the President from office or not?

It sucks to say it, but polling the general public on these nuanced issues is not always a great indicator. 

11 minutes ago, visionary said:

Told ya'll the left has 0 ability to sell impeachment to the country or counter the right's propaganda. (which is why there is 0 chance of actually impeaching Trump not because we have a R Senate)

If you did a poll today about the Mueller Investigation what would be the results?

Cant just investigate/subpeona/impeach and twiddilly do while the GOP media machine has a 50 year head start.

10 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Also, how many people out there do you think don't realize that after impeachment, the Senate still holds hearings to determine whether to remove the President from office or not?

Or that the Senate may hold hearings, but absolutely is not bound to vote based on evidence, they can (and will) vote entirely based on political considerations.   

14 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

this entire ordeal has shown me that America is really ****ing stupid and they are willfully ****ing stupid

i honestly dont know how you combat people who are happy in their ignorance and stupidity. that depresses me more than the individual act of this dude in office. he will eventually die, a joyous occasion indeed, the rest of the dumbasses will remain though.

Welcome to the Matrix, now they will come for you Neo.

59 minutes ago, visionary said:

Yup. 

We need a new welcome to hell pic. Instead of that researcher where the devil is like this dude read the Wikipedia entry on your subject of expertise and is going to lecture you on it for eternity

instead it’s visionary being told he must report on trump as president forever, only using car right sources and trumps quotes. 

38 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

the bright side is that I’ve been saying this for years. 

And it used to illicit these “there’s something wrong with you” responses. Things like delusions of grandeur, or about where I grew up and the people I surround myself with. Something about my parents and the job they did raising me. All sorts of things. 

here we are, most those same people have finally figured it out. 

we are a country of fat, lazy, stupid people that survive because a small % are exceptional in some way and the founders created a system that could succeed in face of such overwhelming stupid. 

glad everyone’s finally catching up. Let me know when we’re all past the shock and ready to discuss options. 

37 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I think also there is probably a lack of fundamental understanding of how the impeachment process actually works.

I think there's a lack of fundamental understanding of how the polling process actually works.

I wasn't joking before... The margin of error on this poll is 3.5%. You just can't draw any conclusion from a movement of 2%. It's statistical noise.

Several of you are getting carried away here.

1 minute ago, techboy said:

Several of you are getting carried away here.

It doesn’t matter. The number is still too low for where we are right now. 

the current plan is for him to run for re-election. The fact that enough support exists for that to happen says everything we need to know 

Just now, tshile said:

It doesn’t matter. The number is still too low for where we are right now. 

This, I agree with. I was just pointing out that this particular poll cannot support the idea that people are LESS supportive.

It's statistically flat. 

12 minutes ago, techboy said:

I wasn't joking before... The margin of error on this poll is 3.5%. You just can't draw any conclusion from a movement of 2%. It's statistical noise.

Is that actually true?  

I know that a shift that size isn't enough to conclusively prove that there's been a shift.  But no evidence whatsoever?  

13 minutes ago, Larry said:

Is that actually true?  

I know that a shift that size isn't enough to conclusively prove that there's been a shift.  But no evidence whatsoever?  

That's how margin of error works, yes. The 51, for example, has to be read as anywhere between 47.5 and 54.5. The previous 53 falls in that range. Maybe it went down, maybe not. The data doesn't allow that kind of false precision. It's not the same people each week, after all.

I normally let small errors slide, because who wants to defend Trump?

I'd argue, though, that abandoning scientific literacy is not the path to undoing Trump's influence. 😀

*EDIT*

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/09/08/understanding-the-margin-of-error-in-election-polls/

On my phone, but look especially at #3. Even the way I've been explaining it is oversimplified.

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Well, they are mainly old white people, so, fortunately, they will be dieing off soon too.

10 minutes ago, Larry said:

It is evidence impeachment support might have gone down, but without a trendline it is just noise as he said.

it might be flat or it might be growing.

evidence is in the eye of the beholder.....or the screws loose in the head

Archived