Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

"strong evidence of obstruction"... no, it IS obstruction, which is a crime, which usually means someone goes to jail... you can't keep throwing that line "nobody is above the law" in all of your speeches, but then actually think certain people are above the law

Ahh I see the new talking point is no one has to comply with Congressional subpoenas because they are........a kangaroo court?  So that is now where the line is.

Why don't these people just come out and be honest about what they are trying to say, Trump should be above the law. 

And now Barr's justice department which is supposed to be defending the constitution is acting as Trump's personal lawyer, intervening constantly on his behalf.

I like how people actually thought this might be the point where the GOP has a moment of conscience. Like, how much ****ing evidence do you need before you realize what they are?

Surprise, surprise... “Treason! Kangaroo court! Coup! Can’t trust the FBI or the CIA!”

Really, really good chance this is the end of American democracy.

23 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Ahh I see the new talking point is no one has to comply with Congressional subpoenas because they are........a kangaroo court?  So that is now where the line is.

Why don't these people just come out and be honest about what they are trying to say, Trump should be above the law. 

And now Barr's justice department which is supposed to be defending the constitution is acting as Trump's personal lawyer, intervening constantly on his behalf.

Don't forget the other new argument they've apparently unveiled in trying to stop the House from obtaining grand jury info from the Mueller investigation:  Nixon did nothing wrong and they were wrong to get the info they did on him.

18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Don't forget the other new argument they've apparently unveiled in trying to stop the House from obtaining grand jury info from the Mueller investigation:  Nixon did nothing wrong and they were wrong to get the info they did on him.

Yep, The retroactive defense of Nixon, because according to the GOP the only thing he did wrong was comply....which, did he really even? I am not overly familiar with the details of the investigation itself.  If Nixon had lived to see the day Fox News was in regular rotation, he'd have wondered why conservatives hadn't come up with that kind of con 50 years earlier. 

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Yep, The retroactive defense of Nixon, because according to the GOP the only thing he did wrong was comply....which, did he really even? I am not overly familiar with the details of the investigation itself. 

Even the judge was like "Bruh, srsly?"

You know you're on some shaky ass legal ground when you manage to truly stun a federal judge with the utter insanity if your position. 

I don't see how any rational thinking person can read the info coming out and think all is well.   Everyone around Trump knew this was a problem, and worked to contain this, not let it get out of the walls of secrecy.  They should all be ashamed of themselves and likely all deserve to lose their jobs over this.  

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

rational thinking person

Well, therein lies the rub.  I mean, it is what it is and what it is is exactly what it appears to be.  The right wing spin machine has radicalized an enormous percentage of the country. Not hyperbole or exaggeration… The GOP has every intention of turning the United States of America into an autocratic oligarchy.

54 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Trey Gowdy.....Mr. Benghazi, eh?

Now that he's retired, he can "while away the hours, conversing with the flowers..."

180128gowdygettyimages-543417506.jpg

ray-bolger-1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Now that he's retired, he can "while away the hours, conversing with the flowers..."

180128gowdygettyimages-543417506.jpg

ray-bolger-1.jpg

If he only had a brain...

"The notion that you can withhold information and documents from Congress no matter whether you are the party in power or not in power is wrong. Respect for the rule of law must mean something, irrespective of the vicissitudes of political cycles." - Trey Gowdy

He is a total fraud, but he's probably not dumb enough to get involved with this admin now. He's only in his 50's. Getting thrown under the bus in a few months and ending up in legal trouble isn't worth it. 

Archived