No Excuses

The Impeachment Thread

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

33 minutes ago, Burgold said:

While I agree that he doesn't understand it, I think the bigger issue is that he has no interest in understanding how things work. He wants to be King not President. The laws are inconveniences that little people have to contend with.

Oh totally, that is what I meant to get to in my post as well.  He isn't interested in checks & balances. He doesn't respect the equal branches of government.  It's funny because the right-wing tried their hardest to paint Obama as an "outsider" who was not about America, but the reality is that their hero Trump is the one that doesn't have much respect for the institutions, and as it turns out  a lot of his supporters don't seem to either.

• Like 2

per billy barr (visions of lucille dance in my head)

keep in mind he's one of "those" (or plays one for fame and fortune)

it was just a couple months ago he was giving a speech at an evang conserv xtian convention where he went off on the secular war that the media, hollywood, all dems and the democratic party (seemed redundant to me), scientists, academics (shades of ye olden thymes) and liberal elitists (which i thought would be under dems) are waging against xtian culture and sacred beliefs like marriage (they already got interracial passed and now look!)....and how he came back because it's all much bigger than just trump, but trump is the leader for the times...period....i bet he means end times, get it?... nudge nudge wink wink

alllllso...i don't get it.....i remember barr in the news up to his neck and taking deserved heat for being involved in the cover-up---as even the goper senators called it at the time--for bush sr.....i mean barr's whole shtick was being a fixer in that episode, it was his lead to pardon the entire group of miscreants....lawdy, that's not even old history and yet it's like playing the same shell game like most of us don't know this stuff

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

per billy barr (visions of lucille dance in my head)

keep in mind he's one of "those" (or plays one for fame and fortune)

it was just a couple months ago he was giving a speech at an evang conserv xtian convention where he went off on the secular war that the media, hollywood, all dems and the democratic party (seemed redundant to me), scientists, academics (shades of ye olden thymes) and liberal elitists (which i thought would be under dems) are waging against xtian culture and sacred beliefs like marriage (they already got interracial passed and now look!)....and how he came back because it's all much bigger than just trump, but trump is the leader for the times...period....i bet he means end times, get it?... nudge nudge wink wink

alllllso...i don't get it.....i remember barr in the news up to his neck and taking deserved heat for being involved in the cover-up---as even the goper senators called it at the time--for bush sr.....i mean barr's whole shtick was being a fixer in that episode, it was his lead to pardon the entire group of miscreants....lawdy, that's not even old history and yet it's like playing the same shell game like most of us don't know this stuff

It doesn't matter that we know his act.
It doesn't matter that the President is shamelessly transparent in his wrongdoing.

It doesn't matter than the senate majority is actively and obviously enabling every step, and have been since they gained that majority.

None of it matters to the mob that cheers for them, and the fix(es) are likely in thanks to the continual blockages of any measure to try to secure the elective process.

All they do now is continue the shell game so those who MAY still have the ability to stop them are continually arguing it and following procedures as if there is any chance their arguments and the correctness of them will sway the direction.

They will not.

As history has continually shown, evil rises because good people take way too long to act in the manner in which they must because they inherently expect the evil to behave in accordance with that which they believe civilized people should behave.

They do not and they will not.
Arguing with a sociopath gets you nowhere, but gives them everything they need. Which basically boils down to time to tighten the noose and spring the trap.

I hate to be such a broken record, but best be ready.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

Murkwski says there have not been indicators that President Trump has learned any lessons . . . 

"Oh, really?  Not entirely stable, you say?"  (Movie reverence.)

• Like 1

Senator Murkowski,, those "indicators" were present 30 ****ing years ago.

It is amazing these morons pretending to be disappointed and shocked that he would do exactly what he has done throughout his entire public life.

**** these people.

~Bang

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Bang said:

Senator Murkowski,, those "indicators" were present 30 ****ing years ago.

It is amazing these morons pretending to be disappointed and shocked that he would do exactly what he has done throughout his entire public life.

**** these people.

~Bang

She just got funding for some DoT projects in Alaska.....it's almost like another quid pro quo

Image result for hmmm gif

• Haha 3

re Murkowski, I was thinking today that the real power and brains in the GOP machine is McConnell, and what a great gift it was to have his wife be the head of a department that doles out lucrative projects. Pretty sweet tool to influence his Senators with.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

She just got funding for some DoT projects in Alaska.....it's almost like another quid pro quo

Yeah, that i'm not too concerned about UNLESS it is shown there was a threat to not give th funds unless she voted to acquit.
THAT would be criminal.

But 20M for port infrastructure doesn't come off to me like pork.

So long as that is where it goes and is used properly.

~Bang 

On 2/14/2020 at 11:36 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

This is probably true too. Still, I doubt that the Supremes go against him on this.

"STOP!...in the name of law"...🎶🎵🎶

• Haha 4

On 2/14/2020 at 3:22 PM, visionary said:

Barr's stunning Trump rebuke sparks debate over his true motives

William Barr's sharp public rebuke of Donald Trump's legal meddling was an astonishingly rare show of dissent from a top Cabinet chieftain -- but the attorney general's record as the President's protector suggests there may be more to the latest Washington mystery than first meets the eye.

Barr's blunt warning that Trump's constant Twitter commentary makes it impossible to do his job broke like a thunderclap Thursday afternoon. It set off a deluge of speculation about his motives and potential reprisals from a President who brooks no disloyalty.

On the face of it, Barr's comments in an ABC News interview look like a daring assertion of independence amid the storm over Trump's intervention in the sentencing process for his political trickster Roger Stone.

If that was the case, Barr took a significant risk in his interview: Top officials who rebuke the President -- such as ex-Attorney General Jeff Sessions -- face a painful glide path to the sack. Most Cabinet officials -- such as former chief of staff John Kelly, who is currently on an anti-Trump tear -- wait until they are back in private life to speak up. And if Barr says he can't do his job while Trump tweets, there will be questions about how long can he stay in office, since the President is not going to suddenly quit his favorite method of stirring up his supporters.

Barr's true motives may take days to become clear. His inscrutable style and record of watching Trump's back also have many observers suggesting ulterior political motives, a desire to slake some of the pressure bearing down on his department or an effort to at least restore the impression of the Justice Department's independence without severing ties with Trump.

Perhaps Barr was acting to protect his own reputation, amid furious criticism of his conduct as the President's shield. Or was he trying to head off a mutiny in his department? CNN reported on Wednesday that more prosecutors were considering walking out on the Justice Department amid fears for its independence after four lawyers had already quit the Stone case.

In the days ahead it may emerge that Barr gave the White House a heads-up about his move. A coordinated damage-control mission would not be impossible, since more than anyone in the administration, Barr may have leeway to buy some political capital, after basking in Trump's praise for a string of decisions that appeared to protect the President.

But even if Barr remains in good favor, it's unclear how the President will react. Often Trump stews after the fact about media coverage of his dramas for days. The tenure of Cabinet officials can be short and brutal. If Trump does eventually lash out at Barr, it wouldn't be the first time a favorite has blotted his copybook and undermined an apparently impregnable position after falling out with an often-impossible boss who resists any constraints on his conduct and often seems to sabotage his own political interests.

Click on the link for the full article

You mean 1,100 “career DOJ officials” who were systematically put in place by the deep state over the last several decades just to stop Donald Trump.

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You mean 1,100 “career DOJ officials” who were systematically put in place by the deep state over the last several decades just to stop Donald Trump.

they are much more versatile than that, though still lacking.