Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

On 2/11/2020 at 12:45 PM, Larry said:

Yep.  I'm a Hitler denier.  

I mean, it couldn't possibly be that I'm a person who 

1)  Knows that Hitler was real.  AND

2)  Knows that not everyone is Hitler.  

I know we already had some banter about the above post. I just wanted to link this article I just stumbled upon on Twitter...

https://www.businessinsider.com/hitler-trump-comparisons-2016-10?fbclid=IwAR2LWXbctXOEu3z-V-sByMvbxtE4GaMR00CVZ89NogT25Zz1q6TWQfmDD6k

Of COURSE we're not "there" yet... but this article makes some pretty good comparisons and charts Trump's progress as being farther along than Hitler's was at about the same point in his rise to monsterdom.

P.S.- I'm also not trying to antagonistic. You and @Bang had some grumpy discourse about this the other day and I understand it was only a brief conversation that should be laid to rest. I don't want to reignite any of that. Couldn't resist though, offering this published comparison. 

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Well since Barr isn't doing his job with any integrity already, I don't see how the tweets matter much.

I assume what he’s really saying is, “shut the **** up, Donald!  I’m trying to protect your ass here and you’re bowing my cover.”

But it’s a bit weird, since there’s not much anyone can do to stop him and his legacy is already ****.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

I assume what he’s really saying is, “shut the **** up, Donald!  I’m trying to protect your ass here and you’re bowing my cover.”

Nobody told him that Uncca Donald has a history of confessing to crimes after his subordinates have spent two days trying to push an alternate explanation for something he did?  

1 hour ago, visionary said:

so either Trump stops tweeting or he resigns?

yeah right.

Trump is the type of personality that not only wants to commit wrongs, but to rub peoples' noses in the fact that he did them and get away with them. Barr has proven he has no problem in supporting Trump's corruption or illegal activities, but wants to do it quietly.

Barr is annoyed that Trump is publicly outing him and letting everyone know that he is a lackey and co-conspirator in unethical actions.

Supposedly Trump is not upset about Barr's statement, leading a lot of folks to say it was coordinated. 

Maybe, but it seems weird that they would even bother with what would obviously be seen as a stunt then. 

Anyway, I wouldn't put too much stock in Trump supposedly not being upset, since he might very well show his anger later.  

Also it still seems odd for Barr to basically say he is incapable of doing his job because of Trump's behavior, unless he either plans to resign or wants something from Trump.  

Barr makes the absolute LAMEST excuse of ALL TIME.
This is the top law enforcement official in the country and he is telling us he is intimidated by TWEETS to the point where he can't enforce the law.

Good grief we are SO ****ed. 

~Bang

5 minutes ago, Bang said:

Barr makes the absolute LAMEST excuse of ALL TIME.

Lamer than "I'm certain that President Trump will learn his lesson, and respect our laws, if we all unanimously vote to acquit him of the crime which even we admit he's guilty of"?

28 minutes ago, Larry said:

Lamer than "I'm certain that President Trump will learn his lesson, and respect our laws, if we all unanimously vote to acquit him of the crime which even we admit he's guilty of"?

Man, they do set the bar low, don't they?

It's like a limbo for fleas.

~Bang

@visionary "Trump suggested he may no longer allow a wide range of officials to listen in on his calls with foreign leaders. “I may end the practice entirely,” Trump said."

Recall a cartoon from a year or so ago.  Trump and Putin sitting in some ornate room somewhere, with a tiny table of somethings between them.  Trump is leaning over towards the Secret Service man behind him, talking out the side of his mouth.  

"Make sure the Americans haven't bugged the room."  

Archived