Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

They have no reason not too. The only thing they can do now is flood the media with information about his crimes. Like it or not the country has a hard on for any Trump news, so the only real play here is to give it to them and control the narrative. 

He didn't follow through to vote to convict the second article. He knows we wouldn't even be at this phase of Constitutional impeachment if the House had gone through the courts with subpoena process. Trump himself in public called on Ukraine to investigate Bidens as well as China. That's enough.

Its actually kind of scary to see Trump Jr. say that Roomny is now part of the resistance and should be removed from the GOP. Hes basically publicly decrying him as the enemy because he doesn't fall in line. Thats the Presidents son. He has no official power. But because his origin is from some scary orange flesh balloon he can effectively turn a portion of the country against this man just because he wants to. And thats not supposed to happen here!! The fact that is is and its expected (cause who didnt expect that) is frightening to me. 

Just now, Llevron said:

Its actually kind of scary to see Trump Jr. say that Roomny is now part of the resistance and should be removed from the GOP. Hes basically publicly decrying him as the enemy because he doesn't fall in line. Thats the Presidents son. He has no official power. But because his origin is from some scary orange flesh balloon he can effectively turn a portion of the country against this man just because he wants to. And thats not supposed to happen here!! The fact that is is and its expected (cause who didnt expect that) is frightening to me. 

Just wait until Trump himself starts rage-tweeting about Mitt. 

I think this will drive Trump NUTS. Having even one defection against him is going to irk him to no end. 

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

How is it anything but expected? They go from "We support the gays and the coloreds and the least amongst us. Come join us in our mission" to "GET RID OF HIM!"

Dems shouldn't take a victory lap on this. They will because they are dumb. But they should just be focusing on Collins and Lisa and the others who fake being independently minded. 

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

You actually believe that?????

yes he does, because it's always been so, as you well know---i think this just reflects your individual issues with things here lately, and this is the second time i'm speaking directly to you on it...i know what bugs you about moderation and some of the posters here...and i get it, but there are (obviously) valid counter arguments....more to point, there is an entire group of actual moderators who read the board and make decisions and you're not one of them...recently i banned a former moderator in the stadium for struggling with that reality repeatedly

a few weeks ago i saw your "banned from tailgate" line  on your profile page and i almost just went with closing your es acct entirely then, but you've been a solid es'er for a long time and have several strong positives in your favor---a significant one being that you've long posted as a reasonable redskins fan in the stadium and this is valued

i've told you about the liabilities of just playing the shtick featuring 'policing/critiquing' the libs in the forum....to make that work you need to routinely bring valid serious topical content to the table, not your nose-in-the-air simplistic rebukes distributed randomly over time and topics...the majority your posting in here this last six months or so has been generally lightweight--many pretty much drive bys---or about forum/member/mod critiquing"

this is actually of lesser quality than what you used to post in the political discussions which is ironic since more than a couple of staff (and many members) have long been desirous of any semi-intelligent or better conservative voice to add to the mix

to close, you can put aside your opinions of how other members are expressing themselves, or how moderating is being done, and post relevant content on topics in these political threads or you can avoid them

do not respond to this post in the thread--if you have a need, use the feedback forum 

The GOP continue to talk themselves into circles on this. A year ago they were probably all confident that most of this information would never come out, or at least not in a timely enough fashion for it to matter for the 2020 election, so it was just a straight up denial of the wrong-doing.  As info has come out, witness after witness collaborating said information, it became clear that Trump did it. 

Then you slowly saw the shift in defense. (I will spare everyone of going through every step of the shift).

Fast forward to present day and it seems like most of the Senate is acknowledging he did it, but have decided it isn't worth removing him from office over or really handing out any consequences for at all. 

It would have been nice at same point, to hear an actual defense of Trump's actions. I was actually holding out hope we would get Senators acknowledging he did it, but explaining why it was okay, and I am not talking about Dershowitz's "mixed motive" nonsense defense either.   The fact that we never heard an explanation of why this okay for him to do would seemingly suggest it still isn't okay to do, and any future President would be in trouble for doing the same thing........if his/her party is not in the majority.

Archived