Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Fake news.  Total exoneration.

Unfortunately, all his supporters and some ignorant other folk will believe that because he wasn't convicted in the Senate that he wasn't impeached and that he was totally exonerated.  Frustrating to see the level of idiocracy prevalent in the US.  And to be fair, there are plenty of idiots on the left as well.

10 minutes ago, China said:

Unfortunately, all his supporters and some ignorant other folk will believe that because he wasn't convicted in the Senate that he wasn't impeached and that he was totally exonerated.  Frustrating to see the level of idiocracy prevalent in the US.  And to be fair, there are plenty of idiots on the left as well.

Yea I went to a gun show today.  The stuff I saw and heard.........

Told my wife it sucked because if there was a civil war, I’d have to take their side.  After all, they have all the guns.  /sarcasm...sorta

1 hour ago, China said:

Unfortunately, all his supporters and some ignorant other folk will believe that because he wasn't convicted in the Senate that he wasn't impeached and that he was totally exonerated.

There's more than a few who believe that because he was unjustly impeached, he is constitutionally allowed to run for an additional term.

That went around a few months ago.

And all that needs to happen is for Trump  and his propaganda to say it, and the idiots will believe it. (trump has already laid the ground work going back about 2 years as to his third term. He's even said it in a way that empowers his mob just last June 
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/06/16/trump-says-supporters-could-demand-he-not-leave-after-two-terms/1471915001/ )

And when it isn't allowed to happen, when Democrats say it isn't legal...  well, we all know this is a group that understands the Constitution fully and will abide by the rule of law, even when it doesn't feed into their fantasies. And we know the GOP will tell them to all stand down and stick within the law.
Right?

Best be ready. Getting close.

~Bang

I think some Dem House members should put forth a resolution to declare Trump a King with full plans for his coronation. Because at this point, what's the difference? Make it as public as possible to see what R Senators and House members say when the debate happens (though it probably wouldn't happen in the Senate because Moscow Mitch would kill it).

Because YOU KNOW Trump would be all for it and likely take the bait like the buffoon he is and jump behind the idea in a tweet. If that happened the Rs would be in a tough spot. Do they admit that they essentially see Trump as having the powers of a King or do they argue against it and invite his wrath?

7 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

There's more than a few who believe that because he was unjustly impeached, he is constitutionally allowed to run for an additional term.

I don't know about the ability to run for an additional turn, but there are absolutely those who believe he was unjustly impeached. Stranger, these people seem to argue that the Trump's defense did a great job.

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

I think some Dem House members should put forth a resolution to declare Trump a King with full plans for his coronation. Because at this point, what's the difference? Make it as public as possible to see what R Senators and House members say when the debate happens (though it probably wouldn't happen in the Senate because Moscow Mitch would kill it).

Because YOU KNOW Trump would be all for it and likely take the bait like the buffoon he is and jump behind the idea in a tweet. If that happened the Rs would be in a tough spot. Do they admit that they essentially see Trump as having the powers of a King or do they argue against it and invite his wrath?

I wouldn't dare. I think that many in the Republican would snap it up and then once passed in the Senate you'd be outright screwed. Now, if Dems floated the bill and Pelosi never brought it to a vote maybe, but I think these Republicans would have no problem ending the US Democratic experiment outright.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I wouldn't dare. I think that many in the Republican would snap it up and then once passed in the Senate you'd be outright screwed. Now, if Dems floated the bill and Pelosi never brought it to a vote maybe, but I think these Republicans would have no problem ending the US Democratic experiment outright.

I don't think Republicans would dare to vote for such a thing. It's one thing to basically give Trump the power of a King but never admit it (which is basically what they've done so far), but another thing entirely to actually vote for making him King. But then, if Trump the moron actually got behind the idea in a tweet they'd be in a tough spot. Because they'd never dare go so far as to actually admit publicly that they want Trump to be a full blown King...but then if they went against him they could invite his wrath. 

Plus, it would never pass the House anyway. I'd just love to see the Republicans squirm if they were put in a position where they had to either publicly admit that they basically want to give Trump unlimited power or publicly go against Trump, which they're loathe to do under any other circumstance. They'd decry it as a stunt (which it would be) but they'd still have to vote against Trump on something and if he was backing the idea he'd get angry and then his followers would get angry. 

It would all hinge on Trump being impulsive and stupid enough to tweet in support of it. If he did that, the Republicans would be in for a ****show. 

Yeah, better to err on the side of "the leader of the free world is dumb as a ****ing brick".

**** these people. I would have more respect for him if he just said "because **** you, Chuck. That's why."

that's what they are saying to all of us anyway.

~Bang

^^^ Lamar's last line is telling. He mentions Sanders and Warren, but doesn't mention Biden... the smear campaign worked, he's signaling.  If not by Ukraine, then by Trump's lawyers during the impeachment.

The next step for the GOP after the inevitable acquittal is the "Let's move past this" campaign.  But that can NOT happen.  Right thinking Americans cannot let this fade into the rest of Trump's transgressions. If it starts to heal, pick the scab.  Right through November.

Someone Just Edited The Senate's Wikipedia Page In The Most Savage Way

A prankster took a swipe at Donald Trump and declared the U.S. Senate to be “dead” on its Wikipedia page after Senate Republicans voted to block witnesses from testifying in the impeachment trial of the president.

After the GOP lawmakers’ move effectively ensured Trump’s acquittal over the Ukraine scandal, a moderator called Flyboyrob2112 edited the Senate’s lengthy page introduction to just read:

The United States Senate was formerly the upper chamber of the United States Congress, which, along with the United States House of Representatives ― the lower chamber ― comprised the legislature of the United States. It died on January 31, 2020, when senators from the Republican Party refused to stand up to a corrupt autocrat calling himself the president of the United States, refusing to hear testimony that said individual blackmailed Ukraine in order to cheat in the 2020 presidential election.

Click on the link for the full story

Archived