No Excuses

The Impeachment Thread

Impeachment  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

14 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Problem is you're assuming that chunk is solely Republicans. 

Americans are dumb across party lines.

Spell it out for them. 

If they're in this far, they're not going to stop because someone throws logic and sense in their face 

The country is ****ed, well and truly, and its own people did the deed

Edited by StillUnknown

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Maybe so. It’s still pathetic that the Right is so belligerently ignorant. 

Fox News. Dumb it down, make it simple and visceral, like hate. Like incentivizing people to reduce impervious surfaces becomes "rain tax" and it gets defeated, with Ellicott City subsequently getting destroyed twice in two years by runoff. Unfortunately someone should aim higher.

Again, I am in the minority opinion here, but I think there is a palpable amount of Trump fatigue and regret amongst his base. I have seen it first hand.

It’s not too hard for me to imagine a scenario where people don’t vote for him but say that they did. Especially in some areas. 

• Like 4

I do admit that I like the contempt of Congress article.  Cause if republicans vote against it then it means that that the next democrat president will get carte Blanche to do whatever the hell they want.

Those guns will be snapped up and the people will have universal health care in an instant if Congress determines that the president doesn’t have to yield to their oversight.

Thats what the dumb mother****ers on the right fail to understand.

• Like 2

Still have to admire Fox for being so clued in to how dumb their base is that they know they can get away with saying things like "Russia Hoax" when the investigation was conducted by the intelligence community, not the Democrats.  All the Democrats did was have Mueller come "explain" his findings in front of congress.   Fox has crafted this narrative that the Trump impeachment inquiry has been going on for 3 years and/or that like the Clinton impeachment it started about one thing, then morphed into 30 other things before they got Clinton on lying under oath. 

All this could easily be explained and exposed as ridiculous if Fox viewers would merely split their source intake with any non-bat**** insane source of information, but they won't.   

• Like 1

The best is how the FBI is a den of Libtards out to get Trump. Overall it has to be one of the more Conservative Organizations in existence. . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Still have to admire Fox for being so clued in to how dumb their base is that they know they can get away with saying things like "Russia Hoax" when the investigation was conducted by the intelligence community, not the Democrats.  All the Democrats did was have Mueller come "explain" his findings in front of congress.   Fox has crafted this narrative that the Trump impeachment inquiry has been going on for 3 years and/or that like the Clinton impeachment it started about one thing, then morphed into 30 other things before they got Clinton on lying under oath. 

All this could easily be explained and exposed as ridiculous if Fox viewers would merely split their source intake with any non-bat**** insane source of information, but they won't.   

It really is too bad we as a nation are allowing FOX to help destroy this nation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, visionary said:
It's an unlikely outcome, but it underscores lingering angst cowardice among some moderates.

FTFY

10 hours ago, HOF44 said:

The best is how the FBI is a den of Libtards out to get Trump. Overall it has to be one of the more Conservative Organizations in existence. . 

Yeah, we all know how the FBI has this thing about attracting tree hugging communists who hate the rule of law.  Place is full of them.  That's just the kind of people that are attracted to those jobs.  

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Again, I am in the minority opinion here, but I think there is a palpable amount of Trump fatigue and regret amongst his base. I have seen it first hand.

It’s not too hard for me to imagine a scenario where people don’t vote for him but say that they did. Especially in some areas. 

I've talked to a few people who were torn on voting for Trump due to his jackass personality vs. wanting conservative policies (I could label Trump fatigue I think).  All of them state they are voting for him now because of the impeachment situation.  And they didn't sound like they are saying one thing and doing another.

OBVIOUSLY a small sample size but just sharing based on your commentary.

2 minutes ago, superozman said:

I've talked to a few people who were torn on voting for Trump due to his jackass personality vs. wanting conservative policies (I could label Trump fatigue I think).  All of them state they are voting for him now because of the impeachment situation.  And they didn't sound like they are saying one thing and doing another.

Do you think that the House did not have an obligation to bring impeachment charges regardless of political implications? I do. So let the chips fall where they may, if Trump is allowed to cheat he will win too.

Impeachment hurts Dems is a bogus argument when ruby red states just elected Democratic governors. 

Part of Trump’s mystique is that he’s a monumentally stupid person but he somehow has wealth and power, so people assume that he’s some kind of hard to figure out genius. When in reality, he’s a reflection of decades of intellectual decline in the US. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Impeachment hurts Dems is a bogus argument when ruby red states just elected Democratic governors. 

Ruby red states just elected Democratic governors without impeachment.  

9 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Part of Trump’s mystique is that he’s a monumentally stupid person but he somehow has wealth and power, so people assume that he’s some kind of hard to figure out genius. When in reality, he’s a reflection of decades of intellectual decline in the US. 

Besides, is their argument really- "If people would stop pointing out his crimes then I'd vote against him!" 

Ironically, many people thought Gore lost to G. W. Bush because of Clinton fatigue. The people had just got tired of scandal after scandal after scandal. I really don't think that burying all the acts of wrongdoing or monstrosity would help Trump voters see the light.

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Ruby red states just elected Democratic governors without impeachment.  

... but certainly with claims of Trump fatigue.

• Like 1

I think the blue wave happened because we wanted Trump out of office.  My hope is that it will carry into 2020.  Can’t say I’m confident though...

21 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Besides, is their argument really- "If people would stop pointing out his crimes then I'd vote against him!" 

Ironically, many people thought Gore lost to G. W. Bush because of Clinton fatigue. The people had just got tired of scandal after scandal after scandal. I really don't think that burying all the acts of wrongdoing or monstrosity would help Trump voters see the light.

... but certainly with claims of Trump fatigue.

Oh, I'm absolutely certain that a whole lot of voters are just tired of the scandals and investications and nonstop spin.  

The Republicans have been counting on it.  

I think it's a factor in why Gore lost, in why Hillary lost, and now with the impeachment.  

The difference being, the voters were tiled of the Clinton "investigations", so they voted against Gore.  

Then they were tired of Hillary "investigations", so they voted against Hillary.  

And now, they're tired of Trump investigations, so they're ignoring the investigations.  

The situations aren't completely identical (in one aspect, they're opposite.)  But they have a theme in common.  

"If actually telling the difference between truth and lies is tough, vote Republican."  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superozman said:

I don't give this much weight. I don't dispute your claims but I'd imagine these people were going to vote for him all along and are now simply using the impeachment as a justification for doing so. 

To be torn over him being a colossal jackass but moving closer towards him when evidence of his criminality and corruption comes out just shows me they were always in Trump's corner they were just trying to save face. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Anyone even faintly considering voting for Trump because of this specious impeachment "unfairness" narrative is galaxies away from being "torn" or being conflicted or whatever nonsense we hear about daily while the country burns. It's a falsehood, a pitiful attempt to pretend that you have a moral compass and/or a basic sense of our history and institutions. They are his base, nothing more, no unknowable secret factor.

• Like 3

i'm way into my reptile brain on gopers

i think if the next billy bar tv appearance was on a disney +  natgeo special featuring him being slowly boiled by cannibals, it would not only be culturally inclusive programming but also the best xmas gift in many a year

ho ho ho :)

• Haha 2