Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

44 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You can chuckle all you want. When Schiff and his "whistleblower" , who is a KNOWN Dem operative. are pleading the 5th under oath just like EIGHT Obama officials did, You wont be chuckling anymore.

Amazing how many “Known Dem Operatives” work inside the Trump White House. Trump has to be a real ****ing idiot to repeatedly hire crooks like Manafort and Cohen or saboteurs like the “known Dem operative whistleblower”.

Please please please please call Adam Schiff as a witness, GOP.

It won’t happen though. Trump will ask and ask, but his protectors in the Senate - despite being lackeys for Trump - know better and will talk him out of it.  Too bad.  Schiff would turn them inside out.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

It won’t happen though. Trump will ask and ask, but his protectors in the Senate - despite being lackeys for Trump - know better and will talk him out of it.  Too bad.  Schiff would turn them inside out.

I dunno, it sounds like some of them are pretty serious about making the entire thing a circus by calling for Biden, Schiff, Pelosi, etc to testify. But I have a feeling that it will get blocked by less intellectually challenged Senate leaders. So you're probably right. It would be hilarious though. Schiff has shown himself to be pretty sharp and is a former prosecutor. 

The Senate impeachment rules are also all made via a simple majority vote and the Republicans would probably have a hard time convincing 51 of their 53 Senators to go along with ludicrous rules for calling witnesses that would turn it into a circus. Even Lindsey "Where Did I Leave My Spine?" Graham basically shot down the idea of issuing a subpoena for Schiff's phone records that some House members suggested recently.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/05/senate-republicans-impeachment-trial-076673

23 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I dunno, it sounds like some of them are pretty serious about making the entire thing a circus by calling for Biden, Schiff, Pelosi, etc to testify. But I have a feeling that it will get blocked by less intellectually challenged Senate leaders. So you're probably right. It would be hilarious though. Schiff has shown himself to be pretty sharp and is a former prosecutor. 

They’re going to make the entire thing about how the democrats have been searching for any excuse to impeach the President.  They aren’t even going to try to look into what Trump did or didn’t do wrong, they’re just going to give the presidents men a platform to declare him innocent while painting democrats as out of control.

if you exoect any different, you’re just setting yourself up for disappointment.

8 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

You can chuckle all you want. When Schiff and his "whistleblower" , who is a KNOWN Dem operative. are pleading the 5th under oath just like EIGHT Obama officials did, You wont be chuckling anymore.

So, what exactly is a "KNOWN Dem operative"? And why do you have whistleblower in quotes in your post?

What we know (facts):

1. The Office of the Intelligence Community Inspector General established in a statement that the complainant met the legal qualifications to be treated as a whistleblower. Further, "As part of his determination that the urgent concern appeared credible, the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community determined that the Complainant had official and authorized access to the information and sources referenced in the Complainant’s Letter and Classified Appendix..."

https://www.odni.gov/files/ICIG/Documents/News/ICIG News/2019/September 30 - Statement on Processing of Whistleblower Complaints/ICIG Statement on Processing of Whistleblower Complaints.pdf

2. According to the statement issued by Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson, the whistleblower marked two boxes in filing the complaint. The whistleblower checked a box stating he or she had gathered information firsthand and checked another box stating information had gathered secondhand. "The whistleblower stated on the form that he or she possessed both first-hand and other information. The ICIG reviewed the information provided as well as other information gathered and determined that the complaint was both urgent and that it appeared credible," the intelligence inspector general wrote.

3. The whistleblower's complaint lines up closely with the call summary, as the acting director of national intelligence who was appointed by Mr. Trump testified before Congress last week. "The whistleblower's complaint is in alignment with what was released yesterday by the president," the acting director of national intelligence testified before the House Intelligence Committee.

4. The Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act of 1998 allows whistleblowers to report wrongdoing using a specific process. In exchange, those whistleblowers are protected by Congress from retaliation. And as the intelligence community inspector general wrote Monday, the whistleblower took appropriate actions and qualifies for such protections.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/whistleblower-complaint-trump-claims-about-whistleblower-reviewed-and-fact-checked/

image.png.d7f40a002ca84809ced9dd4dc6e873a3.png

9 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

The Schiff Show hits new lows. This is a prime example of abuse of power and projection. The banana republic Democrats are doing exactly what they accuse Trump of doing. This is truly disgusting

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

The Schiff Show hits new lows. This is a prime example of abuse of power and projection. The banana republic Democrats are doing exactly what they accuse Trump of doing. This is truly disgusting

Sean Hannity, why didn't you ever mention you were a Redskins fan?!  ;)

10 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Isn't that kind of a gentlemen's agreement between the House and Senate?  Don't call us as a witness and we won't call you, which is why Schiff and the Dems didn't call Ron Johnson as a witness.  

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Sean Hannity, why didn't you ever mention you were a Redskins fan?!  ;)

I used to try and fake it, but then I realized I could just copy and paste responses from another site without any context whatsoever and it did it better. 

32 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Speaking of....did Mike Pence lock himself into an underground bunker? Where has he been?

It's the right thing to do.  He is just trying to avoid as much diced hamberder as he can from the dotard blender.

13 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Standing in front of a mirror trying on jackets and saying “Hello Mr. President” with different inflections.

That or practicing for potential questioning under oath in the Senate and how to keep himself from perjury charges while simultaneously not throwing Trump under the bus in an obvious way. 

With Trump recently almost resigning to the face that impeachment is a foregone conclusion saying things like "If you're going to impeach me, do it fast" has me thinking that once this hits the Senate, Trump & The GOP are going to go with the full-on martyrdom route, about how such a great man like Trump is being put through this and every witness the GOP calls will be asked questions having nothing to do with the actual articles of impeachment and just asking why they hate Trump so much.

Archived