Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

He is a daily threat to national security.  He should have long since been removed from office via the 25th amendment.  But the chicken**** trash in his administration are unpatriotic swine.  Congressional Democrats AND Republicans need to do their ****ing duty and impeach the son of a ****.

Part of me is thinking that impeachment hearings is the only way to force the actual contents of the Mueller report (plus more documents & info eventually collected) into the living rooms of the folks who only currently watch FOX and listen to right wing media.  The actual Mueller report is rarely ever actually talked about on these programs.  They just like to repeat Barr's summary over and over. 

8 minutes ago, visionary said:

He's going to lose his mind when his impeachment and negative news about him consumes the news cycle until the 2020 election.

It's just a matter of how the Democrats choose to get there; limping by waiting around and appearing uncertain or from a position of strength and moral clarity if they stop putting fear of controversy ahead of their elected duty.

Also this entire idea that "Trump will use the Senate as proof he is innocent and it will help him win re-election" is kind of weak to me.  Every poll available shows that most of the country including a large portion of Trump supporters view him as untrustworthy, hiding something, not honest, etc etc etc......if the Senate tries to pull a "we aren't even having hearings" or "the hearing will be open & shut immediately"  That isn't going to make people think Trump is suddenly innocent of everything.  Trump himself? Sure, he will try to bang that hammer, but most people already view him as a shady character, so seeing the Senate further shield him from any kind of oversight, isn't going to make him come off as more favorable. 

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

I think even the disengaged sector of the public will know that impeachment votes happened across party lines.

2020 should be a referendum not just on Trump, but also his enablers in Congress. If the public approves of both even after impeachment hearings, so be it.

The public has already punished the GOP once for being Trump enablers. The Dems are giant ******* if they cave after the public elected them to hold Trump accountable.

Except the Dems actually lost seats in the Senate, let's not forget that the public did that as well.  The GOP has just enough support to make things difficult and they're not above rigging things to serve their purposes.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Except the Dems actually lost seats in the Senate, let's not forget that the public did that as well.  The GOP has just enough support to make things difficult. 

Eh, you're right they did, but look at where those seats were. It was not at all a shock that they lost those seats.

3 hours ago, twa said:

I think the obstruction charges by themselves rather weak and not viable.

I mean, what President hasn't fired the head of the FBI because he failed to promise to keep a national security investigation from mentioning that his people were involved?  

11 minutes ago, Larry said:

I mean, what President hasn't fired the head of the FBI because he failed to promise to keep a national security investigation from mentioning that his people were involved?  

Trump's best defense against obstruction might be that he's an incoherent moron who says and does the first things that occur to him, so you can't prove any intent. 

I hope this ends up as part of the debate in the impeachment process so we can add it to the congressional GOP Hall of Fame. Right next to the guy who proved climate change is a hoax by bringing a snowball to the Senate floor. 

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

And if they do go ahead, the R's will unanimously vote for party loyalty, and yell "See?  Only Democrats voted for this.  That absolutely proves that he was completely innocent."  

13 hours ago, Springfield said:

I think he should be impeached by the house and not confirmed by the senate so that the 2020 election can be a referendum of whether or not the country will continue its ever right sliding lean.

Senate aren't doing a thing.  By law the still have to have a trial but Cocaine Mitch already said it will be quick and over with quickly. The GOP will do little..  My guess, if it does come to the Senate; the actual trial would be a day or two.  One day to present the case and the next to vote.  Cocaine Mitch would not do anything if he could but he can't.

If you going to impeach, just do it now and get it over with.  It won't make one bit of difference in the presidential election. Those inclined to vote for Trump will and those not inclined, won't.  Impeachment won't change the needle on Trump.  The only risk, which is why Nancy is reluctant; Trump uses impeachment as a rally cry against the House.  The risk, the GOP takes takes the House because of the impeachment.

It's better to have the impeachment this year, it will be a big distraction if it happens next year. The focus will be on impeachment/Trump and not the candidates.  

Jim Gym Jordan?  The dude is complete nonsense.  No one is afraid of his feeble mind.  Hell, maybe the Democrats slow game is to let Trump become so delusional that the Republicans start demanding Mueller testify.  Please?

We've seen Obama humiliate them during the HCR "retreat"

Hillary run circles around them at every Benghazi hearing they held.

They really want to get dunked on by  Mueller on national TV?

2 hours ago, HOF44 said:

Yea a Bronze Star and Purple Heart recipient ex head of the FBI and Justice is.scared of those num nuts!! I wish Mueller would just vent!! You know he wants to.

Well, now, I'm pretty sure that, AFTER Mueller wrote a report in which he stated that he is not accusing Trump of crimes, because he's not allowed to, Barr has stated multiple times that he's allowed to accuse. Guess now congress can ask him whether Trump should be prosecuted. 

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Well, now, I'm pretty sure that, AFTER Mueller wrote a report in which he stated that he is not accusing Trump of crimes, because he's not allowed to, Barr has stated multiple times that he's allowed to accuse. Guess now congress can ask him whether Trump should be prosecuted. 

Barr is talking out of both sides of his mouth, trying to confuse the issues. 

Trump and Barr should both be impeached regardless if the Senate declines to remove them from office. Drag out the hearings in the House so that every day the pressure stays on Trump. The stress alone might be the thing that removes him. 

So the only real political podcast I listen to was discussing impeachment this week.  It's a left leaning podcast with two hosts, one a former CNN reporter.  One of the hosts made a case against impeachment, that sort of made sense, even if I don't agree with it.  I'll lay it out as follows.

Essentially, impeachment is polling at like 35% or something fairly low.  The new school progressive democrats who are calling for impeachment are generally young, such as AOC who was in elementary school when Clinton was impeached.  Pelosi, and the dems who are taking the "wait and see" approach LIVED the impeachment of Clinton.  They saw his impeachment as a witch hunt, that was then not held by the senate and then Clinton's favorability numbers go up and the reps lose seats in the next election.

This person was advocating for a continuation of investigations by the house, subpoena Muller, subpoena Kushner, Ivanka Trump, Trump Jr, etc.  See where that goes and see if you can get enough support so that more democrats come around on impeachment... but also republicans.  As 2020 grows nearer and nearer, if it looks like impeachment is favored across the board then republicans may start to support it also and distance themselves for Trump.

It was more of a cautious advancement of the houses coequal powers, let them do their job essentially.

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Essentially, impeachment is polling at like 35% or something fairly low.  The new school progressive democrats who are calling for impeachment are generally young, such as AOC who was in elementary school when Clinton was impeached.  Pelosi, and the dems who are taking the "wait and see" approach LIVED the impeachment of Clinton.  They saw his impeachment as a witch hunt, that was then not held by the senate and then Clinton's favorability numbers go up and the reps lose seats in the next election.

I know you said you don't agree with this so I won't beat you up for it but this is dumb.  The Clinton deal was an obvious witch hunt.  This is different.  One was a person lying about a blow job.  The other appears to be a totally corrupt president.  But this is why you open an impeachment inquiry.  Lay the facts out for the public to see.  Then if there isn't enough there (or polling still doesn't support even though I don't agree on letting polling making the decision), then the Dems can say they investigated and found voting to impeach isn't warranted.  I struggle to think of a way the Dems could be handling this worse.

I said before and I'll say it again, if I wanted a party that worried more about winning than doing what is right, I'd have stayed a Republican.

Peter Daou is a Hillary and establishment bootlicker. And if he's turning on the Dems about this, it's going to end badly for them.

To me, this is Trump's path to victory in 2020. The Democrats already have a perception of being weak, spineless chumps. Rolling over like this after complaining for 4 years about him being a grave threat to the country is going to rightly make them look like idiots.

At least for me, this is a line in the sand moment for this party. If the establishment will block impeachment, I am not going to back any elected official. I'll vote for Andrew Yang or some **** and vote for anyone in primaries running against the spineless tools.

Archived