Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

5 hours ago, tshile said:

Absolutely.

Which leads me back to my post the other day - there needs to be a serious national conversation about this once trump is gone.

Because there's a laundry list of enablers that chose the anti-american, Russian foreign policy to back to the determinant of the United States.

There should be some accountability forced on them for that. Real accountability.

Like charges of treason.

Not just charges but conviction for treason.  Then execution for treason.

Maybe that will stop treasonous behavior in the future. We try, conviction these traitorous politicians for treason and then execute them.

i notice i'm the only one here really advocating for multiple forms (classical and contemporary) of extended torture as a necessary consequence for the shenanigans these hooligans have perpetuated

sometimes i feel like i'm the only one here who really gets people

sometimes i feel like a motherless child

10 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Modern GOP in a nutshell 

Harvard Law grads like Scalia?

I think what he was really saying is "If you love America, keep your kids away from higher education so they'll continue to vote for us".  The anti-intellectualism that has been brewing for decades in the Republican party is now full go. 

9 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i notice i'm the only one here really advocating for multiple forms (classical and contemporary) of extended torture as a necessary consequence for the shenanigans these hooligans have perpetuated

I believe certain crimes are worthy of stoning in the town square. The heinous stuff. So I get that. Definitely. 

but dialing it back a bit, I’d settle for deportation. 

send them the Russia. Let them live there. 

maybe as a joke drop one off in North Korea. Just pick one at random

we could turn it into a tv show with like a drawing. Like the nba lottery. Do 1 lot of 4 every 6 weeks. Send them out one at a time.  Get to watch who’s going where. Syria, Libya, Yemen, North Korea, et al.

think of the hours of entertainment in debate we’d have at our disposal over whether certain people got it easier than others because of the ping pong ball they got. 

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

think of the hours of entertainment in debate we’d have at our disposal over whether certain people got it easier than others because of the ping pong ball they got.

Think about the product placement money the government could make off it.  "Nike.  Run.....like your life depends on it."

7 hours ago, tshile said:

maybe as a joke drop one off in North Korea. Just pick one at random

If you're going to do it you got to do it right. You drop them off in North Korea and then "anonymously" tip off their intelligence forces that the US just sent in a bunch of spies. Just to make sure, and Nunes wouldn't be able to figure this one out, hang a cardboard sign around their necks that read "Will spy for rubles!"

8 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I'm in agreement, but I'll also go along with Bang's more, shall we say, expedited remedies. :lol:

9 hours ago, Jumbo said:

sometimes i feel like i'm the only one here who really gets people

sometimes i feel like a motherless child

Because some of us don't have your artistically baroque sense of spectacle and just want something more pragmatic and direct- like running them through a woodchipper to fertilize the Arizona desert.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Trump considers Sean Hannity a legal scholar?

Trump considers himself an expert.  

In that way, he rather serves as an icon for what I think of as the central pillar in the Republican Party's Reality Denial Machine - the notion that one can tell whether something is true or not simply by examining whether it matches one's own opinion or not.  

The Republican argument that the impeachment effort is not bipartisan is stupid. How many republicans have said on TV that what the President did was wrong? How many said it was disturbing?

The fact that none of them put their money where their mouth (or where their country is) is the only reason this isn't a bipartisan effort.

21 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The Republican argument that the impeachment effort is not bipartisan is stupid. How many republicans have said on TV that what the President did was wrong? How many said it was disturbing?

The fact that none of them put their money where their mouth (or where their country is) is the only reason this isn't a bipartisan effort.

Another one of the pillars of the Republican Reality Denial Machine.  

Every single Republican in Washington announces that the sky is green.  

And then announces that the fact that the sky is blue should be ignored, because it's a partisan issue

Republicans acting in unison for the benefit of the Party proves that the Democrats are biased.  

Archived