Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

10 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

We know they lie most of the time. But in a post to complain about all of this in a way that seems like he had no idea what the replies would be about the law. 

My favorite response was:  If Adam Schiff saw Trump shoot someone on 5th Avenue, you people would only care about what Adam Schiff was doing on 5th Avenue.

7 hours ago, No Excuses said:

We aren’t a third world country where only revolutions can address systemic corruption. Punishing deeply rooted corruption at the ballot box is how you fix any policy issue in this country. Don’t treat it like a trivial thing that makes no difference.

I agree with this. I’ve never bought into the civil war thing. Mostly because I think people are too cowardly and too lazy to actually involve themselves in a civil war

and i agree that you can ignore that 40% (if it’s really that high anyways) and still have a functioning government that’s worth caring about

i still think that issue needs to be addressed and we need to have a real conversation about what we want to do about

- blatantly racist/sexist people and organizations

- people spreading misinformation masquerading as news

- politicians that willfully break the law and conspire to do nefarious things

people want to say “free speech” and shrug but that’s a) lazy by pretending nothing can be done because “they’re allowed to do it” and b) inherently underselling how damaging these last 3+ years have been. 

it’s not going to be a fun conversation and there won’t be much that’s easy about it. 

I realize there’s more important things to discuss (like the pending election cycle) and that we’re sort of off topic, I just think it should be noted as necessary future discussion point when some of the dust settles. 

34 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The comments section is just confused boomers completely bewildered that government can subpoena phone records. God bless these people and their empty skulls.

Making it worse, Mark Levin is a lawyer. So embarrassing. 

The idea of "revolution in America" is silly.  Lets say the government was illegitimately overthrown by an armed militia.  Then what?  Do they declare themselves in charge?  Do they recruit more for their group and anyone who does not recognize them as being in charge is put to death?  In a nation of millions, it is pure fantasy land that anyone person or group is going to swoop in with their AR-15 and homemade explosives and "restore America."  You overthrow the government and you have basically just amplified the problem you are seeking to solve.  The country would likely split into so many different factions of people who want in their way or no way but without the rule of law to keep them in line, who the hell knows what would happen.   In fact I could probably knock on the door of the 10 houses on the court I live on, and get 10 completely different answers as to what the best way to proceed would be should the government be overthrown.

There are some relatively easy fixes that you can do right off the bat to make some quick "revolutionary" changes, but you have to elect the people who will put others in the positions to make the change.  That is the main obstacle at the present time.  For me, getting all money and/or "opportunity to cash in on" out of politics would be an enormous step but at the current time there simply isn't the political will by either side to prioritize that as an issue first and foremost.   It's always one side pointing out who the other side takes money from that influence their decisions, meanwhile both sides continue to cash in on public service.

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The idea of "revolution in America" is silly.  Lets say the government was illegitimately overthrown by an armed militia. 

People that act as if it’s all or nothing as the only possibilities is silly.  I don’t know many that are expecting a full blown revolution, north vs south style in America.  I think what many are scared of is (on varying levels) “domestic terrorist” style attacks.  More attacks on people in the press, attacks on politicians, etc.  Possibly a state attempting to secede (Cali if trump wins again) that has a national guard and enough bases in its border to make it difficult to stop?

I don’t think we are in danger of becoming the next Syria.  But I definitely think there will be a good amount of blood shed before we heal from this festering wound.

“... it seems very unlikely that I would be taking calls from random people ...”

”... we have a process, a standard operating procedure: you call the office or you call me ...”

i can’t tell if what he said next showed he was smart enough to realize what he just said, or if he was dumb enough to have planed to say it all that way

Reading through Turley's history, I'm confused as to why he would testify on Trump's behalf here, especially when he apparently testified for Clinton's impeachment and it seems as if he would disagree with Trump and Republicans on a lot of issues. (so I wouldn't assume it was out of some political bias)

15 hours ago, Larry said:

Devin Nunes, subpoenaed, refuses to appear in Congress. 

11 hours ago, tshile said:

“... it seems very unlikely that I would be taking calls from random people ...”

”... we have a process, a standard operating procedure: you call the office or you call me ...”

i can’t tell if what he said next showed he was smart enough to realize what he just said, or if he was dumb enough to have planed to say it all that way

EKA40ADXYAAzmSJ.jpg

Archived