Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

Right wing media refuses to even acknowledge and debate the facts.  They create their own and broadcast it out on the air.  When you run into people who watch that garbage they expect you to be able to debate nonsense.   They literally will throw out conspiracy theories or outright lies and expect you to have a rational conversation with them.   It is telling that most of them only watch right-wing sources too because they have zero insight or nuance to what they contribute to the conversation. 

Understandably, this wasn’t brought up. But just to be clear: 

Viktor Fedorovych Yanukovych, the former president of Ukraine, is currently in exile in Russia, and is still wanted for high treason, was the one in charge while Obama was the president. For obvious reasons, we neglected to give javs to the guy, but tactfully said to avoid political issues.  

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

Meh. Hurd seems to have cultivated the whole "I am a calm and serious person talking seriously about this (ludicrous) subject" routine. I doubt he'll abandon it. Sort of like one of those conspiracy theorists who get people to listen to them because they speak very calmly and seemingly with an open mind and an interest in discovering the truth. Still doesn't change the fact that they're talking about chemtrails or how the Earth is flat. 

15 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The harm right wing media has done to this country is irreparable at this point. There isn’t even a half-assed attempt at maintaining a modicum of truth and shared reality. 

This will get much, much worse and it’s no guarantee that it gets better at this point. 

Who would have guessed the one right we thought made us special would ultimately be our undoing. 

7 hours ago, tshile said:

so what's a realistic timeline on resolution to this thing? i have no grasp of that, because i'm only passively paying attention.

are we talking about a vote in the next week or two? or are we talking about months of this before there's maybe a vote?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/31/politics/house-impeachment-inquiry-resolution-floor-vote/index.html

Democrats are discussing a timeframe that would include votes on whether to impeach Trump by Christmas, multiple Democratic sources have told CNN.

38 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The harm right wing media has done to this country is irreparable at this point. There isn’t even a half-assed attempt at maintaining a modicum of truth and shared reality. 

This will get much, much worse and it’s no guarantee that it gets better at this point. 

ya know when i'm having my genghis/josef/pol moments, i always have  on my list all the people, big (owners, on-air talent etc. ) and small (consumers, etc), who give their loyal support to fox news, breitbart, and a half dozen or so of the rigthwing radios guys (rush, savage, um, jizzbag, dungface, i forget the others) and all their helpers in any form....but even were the desire made manifest, there would be very negative practical consequences that would be an issue for everyone...so many roles suddenly absent performers...lots of job openings but all kinds of chaos, even calamities (one of them must be an. airline pilot) ...i'm not gonna do it...

19 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Who would have guessed the one right we thought made us special would ultimately be our undoing. 

It all comes down to education. The founding fathers, especially Jefferson, were extremely strong advocates of public education for the primary reason that it’s necessary to sustain a functioning democracy. 

What we’re seeing now is decades of  public education neglect, especially civic knowledge, that has left a population unable to govern itself responsible. 

Only 25% of US students graduate with a proficient understanding of US civics and it shows in how we vote, who we elect and what we care about. 

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

It all comes down to education. The founding fathers, especially Jefferson, were extremely strong advocates of public education for the primary reason that it’s necessary to sustain a functioning democracy. 

What we’re seeing now is decades of  public education neglect, especially civic knowledge, that has left a population unable to govern itself responsible. 

Only 25% of US students graduate with a proficient understanding of US civics and it shows in how we vote, who we elect and what we care about. 

I would argue that social media And the inability/reluctance to govern it under the guise of political transparency is far more responsible for the current situation. 

Education doesn’t help, but without Fox News/Facebook/Twitter/Breitbart/Infowars etc. where would we be as a nation? If anything, the wealthy have monopolized and weaponized information with zero repercussions. 

The average person does not need to know a detailed synopsis of world diplomacy. But it does need to know that the information they are fed is factual and genuine Without question

13 hours ago, killerbee99 said:

Look there is nothing wrong with a GOP president.. I understand that as normal in America with people from different views.. But the blatant corruption, destroying of institutions, people don't understand that is literally what makes America great... Knowing that the institutions will protect you 99.9 percent of the time... Granted there is that 0.1 percent where you get ****ed but it's not a perfect system.... Trump is an abonimation to make the Presidency and it breaks my heart every time I see people cheering for this fool.... Every time I see or hear the moron talk, I always imagine the beginning of Idiocracy in America.... Now anyone after him knows there is a chance you can be corrupt as hell and half this country will support you to their grave

The GOP as it is currently constituted is definitely wrong.

Every single Trump loving, enabling, supporting politician must be defeated.  They are all ineligible to be considered for president.  The GOP must die.   The party must suffer huge defeats until they are literally wiped out of power everywhere.   

True, conservatives, if they are any really left; need to start over with a new party.  The GOP brand is tainted forever.

Played some basketball tonight and decided to tune into right wing radio on the way and back.  It’s like I was eavesdropping on an alternate reality where this whole impeachment process played out differently.  Fake news doesn’t even begin to do it justice. 

3 hours ago, No Excuses said:

They are a full-on propaganda apparatus in a cold Civil War.

America is not going to survive this period of malignant right wing extremist rule and plutocracy as a presidential democracy.  We will be a severely diminished nation in the 21st century.  We're like ten more years of this away from assassination and political violence and secession attempts becoming reality here.  It's amazing just how much of our civil society has already been unmade and destroyed in just the past ten years.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Played some basketball tonight and decided to tune into right wing radio on the way and back.  It’s like I was eavesdropping on an alternate reality where this whole impeachment process played out differently.  Fake news doesn’t even begin to do it justice. 

Yeah it really is something to behold. It would be impressive if it weren't so dangerous. I will occasionally check in on Breitbart and one or two other "alt-right" or right wing sources to get a handle on what's going on in that universe...and it literally is a different universe; it's like The Upside Down from Stranger Things but far more terrifying. Everything is completely reversed. You'd think every bad thing that happens to Trump is a win, that every crime in the USA is committed by an illegal alien, every poll shows trump at 60% approval, and that Russia did no meddling in 2016, it was all Ukraine.

And you can tell in the comments that they just lap it up and truly believe that this is exactly the reality of the situation. They obviously don't bother to read anything else and if you ask them why they tell you it's because everything else is Fake News so they ignore it. Many of them even say Fox News is now aligned with the "Deep State" or "Never Trumpers" so they don't even bother with it anymore outside of maybe Hannity and the other nimrods...that's how far off the deep end they've gone. There's simply no reaching them. And if you dare to contradict their groupthink you either get called every juvenile alt-right insult in the book (libtard, snowflake, soi boi, etc) and/or are banned.

It's truly nuts.

Sondland broke the flood gates open, I expect many of Trump's cronies to start tripping over each other to testify against Trump. Doing the right thing isn't enough for the GOP, they are willing to go down with Trump. However, I have noticed that once its all said and done, all of the GOPers that defended Trump want to do the "right thing" after they're out of politics. Hopefully, these idiots will see the writing on the wall and start doing the right thing now and not when its too late. Sondland pulled the fire alarm, lets see who has the common sense to run out of the building.

On a different note, the Trump base is ever vigilant. A friend of mine watched the testimony and thought Sondland did a great job in favor of Trump. My friend said something along the lines that the initial complaint from the whistle blower was presumed...I'm not sure how that would help Trump. I mean, seeing as how the whistle blower was %100 correct, that shouldn't mean anything (if its even true), right? Well, to the common person thats common sense. The Trump supporter, for some reason, sees it as vindication.

Archived