No Excuses

The Impeachment Thread

Impeachment  

179 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?



Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

But @Jumboand @Bang...WHERE'S THE CIVILITY?

 

 

 

 

speaking for myself, civility, like virtually every other possible form of human reaction, is readily available as deemed appropriate by situation

 

i run a full service response center

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish we could all work out and agree on a kind of order of operations when it comes to values or whatever.

 

Like integrity comes before civility. If you don't have integrity, you don't get to hide behind calls for civility. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

 

 

speaking for myself, civility, like virtually every other possible form of human reaction, is readily available as deemed appropriate by situation

 

i run a full service response center

And again, Jumbo speaks much more eloquently for me, except in my gruff and uncouth language it usually comes out something like "**** your civility, You spent decades building an enemy and now that you have it, you want to cry"

And for that, I blame the democrats for not teaching me enough of about God in school and forcing me to say "Happy Holidays".

 

~Bang

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

 

 

 

 

Which is precisely why we need to haul the whistle blower in front of the House and......oh wait, no.  Not at all. The complete opposite actually. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

 

Which is precisely why we need to haul the whistle blower in front of the House and......oh wait, no.  Not at all. The complete opposite actually. 

 

I almost want the whistle blower to testify in private just so we can see what the Republicans shift their strategy to next. First it was "no vote, fake impeachment investigation" then it was "ok, you voted but it's still fake because it's different than other impeachments or something" now it's "ok, so we need the whistle blower to testify for this to be a for real for real impeachment investigation". What would be next? "The whistle blower wore a blue tie during the deposition, which means he's a Dem, which means he lied about everything. Also, this impeachment is fake because Jim Jordan hasn't watch it get molested yet". 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

I almost want the whistle blower to testify in private just so we can see what the Republicans shift their strategy to next. First it was "no vote, fake impeachment investigation" then it was "ok, you voted but it's still fake because it's different than other impeachments or something" now it's "ok, so we need the whistle blower to testify for this to be a for real for real impeachment investigation". What would be next? "The whistle blower wore a blue tie during the deposition, which means he's a Dem, which means he lied about everything. Also, this impeachment is fake because Jim Jordan hasn't watch it get molested yet". 

 

"The whistle blower misinterpreted what he heard, we need to see the full transcript." Then "The full transcript is meaningless without being able to hear the call itself so we know the inflection in Trumps voice to see if he was serious or joking."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mistertim said:

 

I almost want the whistle blower to testify in private just so we can see what the Republicans shift their strategy to next. First it was "no vote, fake impeachment investigation" then it was "ok, you voted but it's still fake because it's different than other impeachments or something" now it's "ok, so we need the whistle blower to testify for this to be a for real for real impeachment investigation". What would be next? "The whistle blower wore a blue tie during the deposition, which means he's a Dem, which means he lied about everything. Also, this impeachment is fake because Jim Jordan hasn't watch it get molested yet". 

 

I would assume that everybody on the hill (and many in the media) already know who the whistleblower(s) is. They just have to pretend that they don't. 

 

They've already run him through the GOP Smear-O-Meter, the talking points have been sent out, they're just waiting for the starting gun. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, we don't need the whistleblower. Everything this person claims under the whistleblower statute has been corroborated by at least two other people, the latest persons uncovered yesterday and today. 

 

This Republican call for the whistleblower to be named and to testify is just another grandstanding move meant to further obfuscate the voters. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right. In a weird way, the Whistleblower might be the least compelling witness. Which is, of course, why the Republicans are so desperate to get him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no witness thus far that hasn't corroborated the whistle blower's concerns. Furthermore there are still notes, documents, and memos that would corroborate the whistle blower even more if the State Department would allow them to be turned over.

 

Yet, the right-wing is swinging for the fences with  "George Soros runs the state department" conspiracy theories.   

 

Guiliani's lawyer "joking" about a threat to release damaging information against Trump if he doesn't protect him?  Sounds like he is taking a page right out of the playbook of Putin. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, visionary said:

 

 

 

 

 

So that's what Boris and Natasha look like IRL?

Edited by China
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

As I've said for years: the dumbification of America. Trump being elected was its apex.

I think it started with Honey Boo Boo. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, visionary said:
 

 

This **** right here is nuts. I hope I live to see the day its all common knowledge and they make a movie out of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, China said:

 

So that's what Boris and Natasha look like IRL?

Looks more like Boris and Ivan in drag.

Yeesh.

 

So you all know that even though the whistleblower is not needed at this point, they want to know who it is so they can hound them and maybe even give the the Polonium pillowcase to send a message right?

 

I know it sounds like hyperbole, but is there really ANY reason think Trump won't do what Putin does?

 

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

At this point, we don't need the whistleblower. Everything this person claims under the whistleblower statute has been corroborated by at least two other people, the latest persons uncovered yesterday and today. 

 

This Republican call for the whistleblower to be named and to testify is just another grandstanding move meant to further obfuscate the voters. 

The Whistleblower to me is like someone who sees a car driving erratically on the road and calls the police to report a potential DUI. He no longer matters because Trump was chugging a bottle of Jack when he got pulled over and blew 4x's the legal limit. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DoneMessedUp said:

The Whistleblower to me is like someone who sees a car driving erratically on the road and calls the police to report a potential DUI. He no longer matters because Trump was chugging a bottle of Jack when he got pulled over and blew 4x's the legal limit. 

Damn good analogy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bang said:

 

I know it sounds like hyperbole, but is there really ANY reason think Trump won't do what Putin does?


Competence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Larry said:


Competence. 

I could see Trump hiring the burglars from the Home Alone movies to be his hit men. Actually, I suspect Trump or his colleagues have made people disappear over the years. Rather, I wouldn't be surprised if they had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Destino said:

Calling day one of these hearings boring is infuriating for two reasons.

 

As that tweeter stated, calling this boring is Republican spin.  It's a transparent attempt to downplay the significance of the matter of impeachment.  It's an absolutely stupid take and any journalist who advances it is unworthy of this moment, and unworthy of attention.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.