Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

15 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Unfortunately eventually this will be a non event, the media will be wrong again and he will be reelected in 2020...unless its a joe biden michelle obama ticket i truly feel Trump will win again

i'm going to disagree, this dude is done next election. Unless there is another 9/11 (which he will bungle) or a major war breaks out (which he will bungle), I just don't see another four years for Trump. At this point, all the Dems have to do is keep doing what they're doing and let the dotard punch himself to sleep.

I would love to see Michelle on the ticket, she would clean up and the fact that it would make Trump's brain explode would be a bonus.

26 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

i'm going to disagree, this dude is done next election. Unless there is another 9/11 (which he will bungle) or a major war breaks out (which he will bungle), I just don't see another four years for Trump. At this point, all the Dems have to do is keep doing what they're doing and let the dotard punch himself to sleep.

I would love to see Michelle on the ticket, she would clean up and the fact that it would make Trump's brain explode would be a bonus.

Yeah I have a hard time seeing Trump winning in 2020 without massive direct interference from Russia (aka, actual vote tampering)...which is possible. He won 3 swing states by a combined total of about 80,000 votes in 2016. He basically hit an inside straight flush on the river in poker. Since then he's lost some of the voting blocs that helped him...most importantly he's more or less completely lost white suburban women and he's also bled off some of his white suburban male vote as well...and he shows no signs of getting them back or even TRYING to get them back. The polling and actual vote turnout in various elections show that Trump is likely to get absolutely killed in the suburbs, where there's been a huge swing away from him since he was elected. Just look at all the elections since 2016 and they all show it...especially the PA local suburbs recently. He's basically down to white male non college educated voters and evangelical Christianists (I refuse to call them Christians) and the rural vote. 

4 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Don't dismiss the possibility of MASSIVE tampering/disenfranchisemnet/voter denial/etc., this has essentially been their gameplan for forty years.......

Right. This combined with outside interference is the only way they hold power. And they have shown they are willing to do anything to hold power. And they know their voter base is willing to forgive anything they do to feel like they won. So of course they are going to do it if they can. 

My only problem with the current Dem strategy is that they are ignoring the fact that this is happening. Or if they arnt ignoring it, they dont think they can do anything about it. 

This country needs Cyber Offense at this point. Im sure we have it. But we need more of it. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Right. This combined with outside interference is the only way they hold power. And they have shown they are willing to do anything to hold power. And they know their voter base is willing to forgive anything they do to feel like they won. So of course they are going to do it if they can. 

My only problem with the current Dem strategy is that they are ignoring the fact that this is happening. Or if they arnt ignoring it, they dont think they can do anything about it. 

This country needs Cyber Offense at this point. Im sure we have it. But we need more of it. 

I've been bangin this drum for years, we need to address and focus on voting first and foremost. All the angst and ire expended online could be put to use locally getting people ID'd and registered. Don't let them dictate the narrative, turn their schemes against them. Ferret out exactly what BS they are using to deny people's right to vote, help out to get people to the DMV, get their records and paperwork straightened out, and get them registered. Then do it again. Get your family n friends involved in actually DOING something positive and immediate, then recruit those new voters to help out. Spread the load across many plates, one person helps with transportation and another chips in computer services and the lil ole ladies make munchies for the get togethers etc., etc., and so on.

Reach out to other groups in your area, young black women or Hispanic voter empowerment or what is happening there and network. Get in touch with others in tangential orgs to establish some communication and common ground. Whatever works, whatever lends itself to your immediate area. All politics are local is a cliche because it's true. 

The best defense against cyber bull**** is a second opinion from someone you know and trust, the best defense against corporate greedocracy is an informed and motivated populace. Reclaim "politics" as the voice of the governed, not the dictates of those in power.

16 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I've been bangin this drum for years, we need to address and focus on voting first and foremost. All the angst and ire expended online could be put to use locally getting people ID'd and registered. Don't let them dictate the narrative, turn their schemes against them. Ferret out exactly what BS they are using to deny people's right to vote, help out to get people to the DMV, get their records and paperwork straightened out, and get them registered. Then do it again. Get your family n friends involved in actually DOING something positive and immediate, then recruit those new voters to help out. Spread the load across many plates, one person helps with transportation and another chips in computer services and the lil ole ladies make munchies for the get togethers etc., etc., and so on.

Reach out to other groups in your area, young black women or Hispanic voter empowerment or what is happening there and network. Get in touch with others in tangential orgs to establish some communication and common ground. Whatever works, whatever lends itself to your immediate area. All politics are local is a cliche because it's true. 

The best defense against cyber bull**** is a second opinion from someone you know and trust, the best defense against corporate greedocracy is an informed and motivated populace. Reclaim "politics" as the voice of the governed, not the dictates of those in power.

Whats funny about this and how it coincides with the political illiterate thing you put in another thread just a little while ago is that the majority of the country (i feel, this is nothing more than a feel thing for me, i dont know for sure) feels like politics is just a distraction from their lives. All the stuff you just said requires time. Time away from the stuff they already cant do enough of because they are already struggling with something. And that something could be as simple as not enough time between one job and kids. Or two jobs and kids. Or job and work. Or social pressures that are very real and inescapable for a significant portion of our country who are addicted to screens they use to complain about how bad it is. I mean there are almost endless distractions and politics is so negative and ugly these days its no wonder the political illiterate avoid it. Most of us do too if we can. 

Thats whats scary about the situation we find ourselves in. Its like a trap that folds in on itself. I dont think its possible without a focus on education to get us out of this. And the people in control of the majority of the education in this county are literally doing everything they can to hide this from you. And dinosaurs. We cant even agree them ****s existed. And we have museums dedicated to their remains. THAT ARE FREE. 

WTF

edit my bad this is a bit off topic your right 

We're derailing this thread a little but I guess the trump threads are blending quite a bit anyway. 

My two cents on trump getting reelected, i think people are forgetting that in 2016 nobody thought he could win and he did and back then he wasn't an incumbent with a booming economy. 

I think trump has just as much chance of winning in 2020 as he did in 2016, maybe even greater, unless the economy takes a nosedive.

Then he'd be ****ed.

5 hours ago, Destino said:

Calling day one of these hearings boring is infuriating for two reasons.  The first is that this isn’t meant to entertain.  It is not reality tv, it is reality.  These are problems facing our country that must be addressed even though we’d all prefer none of this were necessary.  

The second is that it reminds me that millions of idiots will ignore these hearings entirely if they are not entertaining.  People, in general, are terribly disappointing.  

Which is why i have absolutely no hope for the future of this country

We are ****ed and a large mass of the country prefers it that way

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Which is why i have absolutely no hope for the future of this country

We are ****ed and a large mass of the country prefers it that way

Trump has turned everything into such a circus and reality TV show that anything other than something insane and over the top is now considered "boring". We're truly moving into Idiocracy territory. And it's only taken a few decades as opposed to a few centuries in that movie. 

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Trump has turned everything into such a circus and reality TV show that anything other than something insane and over the top is now considered "boring". We're truly moving into Idiocracy territory. And it's only taken a few decades as opposed to a few centuries in that movie. 

As I've said for years: the dumbification of America. Trump being elected was its apex.

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, during the impeachment hearings fox news was running the now popular tv show "ouch my balls"

In 2020 Trump will lose the popular vote by a wider margin than he did in 2016, however I am not putting faith into battleground states to switch.  They might, and maaaaan do I hope they do, but I could see another 2016 situation.  I think it is still too early to make any predictions.  Once we have the Dem candidate, things will heat up.

As far as impeachment goes?  The case has been made, he did it. You know, I know it, the entire House/Senate know it.  What they do about it remains to be seen. Someone on MSNBC last night made a good point that the impeachment hearings (closed door and first day of open door) have already provided enough facts to justify impeachment, but the American public responds better to a "story" than just listing off facts.  The Dems going forward really need to craft the story of what happened, frame it like Trump was doing all this to take the choice out of voter's hands.  He was perpetrating this on the people, because that who it ultimately would effect, our choice in the matter of the 2020 election was being rendered meaningless due to Trump's corruption. 

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

In 2020 Trump will lose the popular vote by a wider margin than he did in 2016, however I am not putting faith into battleground states to switch.  They might, and maaaaan do I hope they do, but I could see another 2016 situation.  I think it is still too early to make any predictions.  Once we have the Dem candidate, things will heat up.

Don't forget- He cheats.

57 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The very idea that an impeachment hearing should be "entertaining" is incredibly wrongfooted. Impeachment should be sober, serious, and meticulous. It should not be about laser light shows and musical encores.

how unsurprising to watch all these devout xtian gopers mainstream amazingly blatant gaslighting

the whole lot of elected gopers ought to be removed from the planet

as a guy who's as terminally white as he is hetrrosexual, i don't use the uncle tom phrase, but if there were a gay version i'd use it on lindsey graham

what a disgusting pile of waste he and the vast majority gop have (inevitably) become

all the serious and numerous flaws amongst dems and their officials are humongously overshadowed by the "1000 times worse" detritus that constitutes the bulk of the gop: homophobes, racists, religious nuts, militia-morons, conspiracy ****heads, hyper-hypocrites, serial liars, science deniers, and various other forms of poorly used protoplasm

18 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

how unsurprising to watch all these devout xtian gopers mainstream amazingly blatant gaslighting

the whole lot of elected gopers ought to be removed from the planet

as a guy who's as terminally white as he is hetrrosexual, i don't use the uncle tom phrase, but if there were a gay version i'd use it on lindsey graham

what a disgusting pile of waste he and the vast majority gop have (inevitably) become

all the serious and numerous flaws amongst dems and their officials are humongously overshadowed by the "1000 times worse" detritus that constitutes the bulk of the gop: homophobes, racists, religious nuts, militia-morons, conspiracy ****heads, hyper-hypocrites, serial liars, science deniers, and various other forms of poorly used protoplasm

For the record, this is usually what I am saying when i say "I hope you all die in a ****ing fire, you mouth breathing ****stains".

~Bang

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

they will try to paint the democratic candidate as "loony left"....  which will obviously be easier for some candidates than others... and that actually by itself could be enough.

****ing Boris Johnson is going to win re-election because middle of the road Brits are so terrified of Jeremy Corbyn.      It could happen here too.  

1 minute ago, Bang said:

For the record, this is usually what I am saying when i say "I hope you all die in a ****ing fire, you mouth breathing ****stains".

~Bang

it's not illegal in a threat sense as stated, but it's a discussion killer if you drop it immediately on the type of goper under examination :D

but as long as all you're killing is what would be a dumb, or worse, discussion, not illegal 😇

Archived