Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

You know -- the more I watch this stuff the more I question the "CP" time theory I have built my life around. These people never start on time. To the point that I question their 23andMe results. 

🤔🤔

edit: new page so sharing the link again. Sorry if that excessive 

I only hope that the sober presentation of the majority's case and the testimony of serious career Foreign Service officers will stand in stark contrast to the histrionics the Republicans will pull in an effort to protect the clown who has taken over their party.

35 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

do we get to vote which witnesses won and can move on like on the voice?

otherwise it's not really a democratic process is it?

i'd also like it if they could tie in to this season's mega arrowverse crossover

I been thinking the Dems should do that with their debates.  Every debate, they vote one of the candidates off.  (If there's more than 10 candidates, they vote off two.)  

I proposed Steven Colbert, Jon Stewart, and Simon Cowell as judges.  

11 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I only hope that the sober presentation of the majority's case and the testimony of serious career Foreign Service officers will stand in stark contrast to the histrionics the Republicans will pull in an effort to protect the clown who has taken over their party.

You new around here?

There's already been enough information collected to justify impeachment.  The fact that these hearings are expected to last 6-8 weeks is a little worrisome in the sense that it could give the general public fatigue over the entire process and just zone out on it.   The closed-door hearings managed to collect enough evidence to justify impeachment within what, a couple weeks?  I just hope the ship on this process is run tight.  Slim to none chance on that though, probably. 

I suppose the interesting thing to watch is what the general public, who hasn't been paying much attention to this other than as background white noise, will actually listen and digest the information, and then what happens when they then run to their normal prime time "news" programming which will tell then it is all a hoax. 

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

There's already been enough information collected to justify impeachment.  The fact that these hearings are expected to last 6-8 weeks is a little worrisome in the sense that it could give the general public fatigue over the entire process and just zone out on it.   The closed-door hearings managed to collect enough evidence to justify impeachment within what, a couple weeks?  I just hope the ship on this process is run tight.  Slim to none chance on that though, probably. 

I suppose the interesting thing to watch is what the general public, who hasn't been paying much attention to this other than as background white noise, will actually listen and digest the information, and then what happens when they then run to their normal prime time "news" programming which will tell then it is all a hoax. 

I thought it was Burr who said the Senate trial could last for 6-8 weeks?

Good sober summation. I suspect this is being offered in such detail for those who are listening who only watch FOX News and other like-echo chambers. This may be their first time hearing the case actually laid out in a way where they can use their own judgment.

In the end, I have no confidence that the Senate will act appropriately, but I hope that the facts penetrate and impact the echo chamber at least a little bit.

31 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

479.jpg

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

lol    Nunes entire point so far is basically "The Russia stuff was a hoax*, which means the Democrats now don't get to do any oversight of Trump on Ukraine" because....Ukraine is close to Russia?

*It wasn't

*ignoring Trumps campaign manager saying he heard Trump talk about wikileaks and Russia info drop months before it happen in court, under oath, YESTERDAY*

I hope during this inquiry someone is intelligent enough to ask if the Trump administration were so concerned about Ukraine corruption did they have a long list of officials and entities they wanted Ukraine to investigate or did it all start and end with Biden and the DNC who just happened to be his political rivals?

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Donald Trump is concerned about foreign corruption and he hates nepotism. These people really want the public to believe that. Good luck with the dumbest strategy of all time.

Seriously lol

"It will take decades to restore faith in the institutions of government after what the Dems did to Donald Trump" - Nunes lol 

turning off any current trump-helping elected goper or voter/supporter is not shutting yourself off to any kind of information worth knowing

people who parrot noises that one presumes "feels or sounds right" to them in terms social posturing ala "i want to hear what those folks think, i might learn something " or "listening to them is part of getting out of your bubble" is making a statement about either the laziness or performance limitations of their own intellect

Archived