Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Easy follow up. Is it impeachable to withhold 400 million in military assistance while asking for foreign interference?

Withholding 400 million in congressionally  approved aid to an ally until they help you politically. 

Doesn’t matter, the “it’s inappropriate but not impeachable” defense won’t work either 

17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Withholding 400 million in congressionally  approved aid to an ally until they help you politically. 

Doesn’t matter, the “it’s inappropriate but not impeachable” defense won’t work either 

Completely gutless stance. There is no behavior that the GOP will not tolerate as long as it keeps power. These are dangerous people with bad ideas and they seem to have decided that abuse of campaign finance laws and compromising election security and integrity is worth winning elections.

i've hated seeing hurd cave in as much as he has lately, and my other house r fave kinzinger isn't far behind, sadly....it would take work, but they could still make goper-supporting arguments without sacrificing their integrity to party interests or aggressively attacking trump 

emo/sentiment wise, as well as in terms of "justice", losing office for all gopers even if such were possible is far from sufficient consequences in my book

my book on that would read more like, well, you know...certain other books :evil::D

He's had criminal intent.  At least from the point he took office.  Certainly when he tried to get the head of the FBI to obstruct an investigation.  

Oh, and . . . 

It's just another variation of "no collusion" or "quid pro quo"  

1)  There's no requirement that he meet that bar.  

2)  And, he meets that bar.  

“Lieutenant Colonel Vindman, who has testified under oath, is serving on the National Security Council currently,” CBS News’s “Face the Nation” host Margaret Brennan said during her interview with O’Brien. “Will he continue to work for you despite testifying against the President?”

“Well look, one of the things that I’ve talked about is that we’re streamlining the National Security Council,” O’Brien replied. “It got bloated to like 236 people up from 100 in the Bush administration under President Obama.”

The national security adviser said Vindman, who currently serves as the council’s Director for European Affairs, will be removed as a part of the White House’s “streamlining” efforts.

“My understanding is he’s–that Colonel Vindman is detailed from the Department of Defense,” O’Brien said. “So everyone who’s detailed at the NSC, people are going to start going back to their own departments and we’ll bring in new folks.”

When Brennan asked O’Brien to confirm that the decision is not retaliation against Vindman, whom Trump has baselessly accused of being a “Never Trumper,” the national security adviser’s response was that he personally had never retaliated against anyone.

“I never retaliated against anyone,” he said. “There- there will be a point for everybody who’s detailed there—that their time, that their detail will come to an end.”

Archived