Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

2 hours ago, Larry said:

If (and it's a really huge "if") some Republicans come on board.  Enough to remove Trump from office.  

Does it help or hurt their Party in the 2020 election?  2022?  

I think it hurts until some fresh faces of republican leadership pop up. Its one of the consequences to expressing unyielding loyalty to an incompetent piece of ****. Their subservience to Trump cannot be overlooked because they finally do the obvious.

30 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I think it hurts until some fresh faces of republican leadership pop up. Its one of the consequences to expressing unyielding loyalty to an incompetent piece of ****. Their subservience to Trump cannot be overlooked because they finally do the obvious.

Pointing out, we're talking about a Party whose followers actually believe that trickle down economics is proven to work.  That the Republican Party is your only choice if you want to keep the debt from exploding.  That Trump has been proven innocent.  That Devin Nunes exposed the fact that the entire FBI was on a witch hunt to "get" Trump.  

You think they'll have trouble convincing people that the Party never really supported Trump?  That everything bad that's happened is all Trump?  

Especially if there's never a vote on impeachment.  

Rudy is just the worst.

He's either the worst Trump world operative because he keeps admitting to terrible impeachable things, OR

He's the worst deep state operative because he's taking so dang long to wreck Trump.

Either way, he's terrible at what he does.

However, him implicating Pompeo and State is very nice of him.  Pompeo's denials of knowledge over the weekend now are in a new light.

5 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Either way, he's terrible at what he does.

Rudy’s job is to say “so what?”. I disagree, he does one thing really well: he primes right wing hacks to adopt the talking point off “Trump did nothing wrong”. It’s not a difficult job because you’re appealing to people who retired their neocortex long ago but effective nonetheless. 

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Rudy’s job is to say “so what?”. I disagree, he does one thing really well: he primes right wing hacks to adopt the talking point off “Trump did nothing wrong”. It’s not a difficult job because you’re appealing to people who retired their neocortex long ago but effective nonetheless. 

That is true.  If his purpose is to drip impeachable (and potentially illegal) conduct to the public to get people to metabolize it and this minimize the impact, he does that well.

This is where state bar associations need to step up and start investigating and issuing sanction/disbarring people.

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

That is true.  If his purpose is to drip impeachable (and potentially illegal) conduct to the public to get people to metabolize it and this minimize the impact, he does that well.

It’s shameless as hell but a masterful psychological tactic. If you just admit your corruption out in the open, you minimize the impact compared to either deflecting, denying or ignoring it.

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

It’s shameless as hell but a masterful psychological tactic. If you just admit your corruption out in the open, you minimize the impact compared to either deflecting, denying or ignoring it.

I don't think this can be overstated.  By saying it out loud and then with a shrug or a "so what?", it makes me question.  I then start to think, "is it such a big deal?".  And then I have to slap myself.  I know that his supporters are feeling the same way.  And if we do get to impeachment, It'll be them yelling, "so what?".

I hate this. 

Archived