Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

5 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Re: Alex Jones... the asshole got just about everything wrong about the "outed" juror, per the article.  The woman he targeted was a potential juror, but she was NOT chosen to sit for the trial.  Then he aired a photograph, ostensibly of her, but it was of a different woman who has nothing to do with the trial.

This man sucks.

Whether he got the identity of the juror, or any juror, right is entirely immaterial.  By showing the name/face of any individual and claiming they are a juror, that is an implied threat against all of the real jurors that the insane nutbags that watch Alex Jones will come after them if they don't go a certain way.  They way he did it, posting someone's picture, implying they are a juror, making general statements but not threats, allows him to make that point without coming out and saying to his audience "you should threaten the jurors."

24 minutes ago, mistertim said:

What kind of dip**** game is Bolton playing at? He refuses to testify without a subpoena, then says he won't without the court order. Then he comes out and says "Oh guys, btw...I totally know everything. I have ton's of info!"

Is he just trolling at this point or is he truly looking to testify but wants the backing of the courts to do so?

20 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Potentially he is seeking to avoid any legal liability associated with divulging privileged communications that he was a party to due to his official position.  

Potentially he is just trolling.  

It's possible that he wants protection from Trumpian retribution for squeeling.  

It's possible that he simply wants to keep appealing things to create delays.  

It's possible that he figures that, if he goes to enough different courts, eventually he'll get a judge who puts Party above Law.  

Lots of possible motives.  One of them isn't even evil.  

Is there a way they can just take this "absolute immunity" nonsense to the Supreme Court right the eff now and get it over with, because that looks like where this is heading, but I don't know if I can take this process slowing down to anymore of a crawl while Trump's team just makes things up along the way.  

14 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Is there a way they can just take this "absolute immunity" nonsense to the Supreme Court right the eff now and get it over with, because that looks like where this is heading, but I don't know if I can take this process slowing down to anymore of a crawl while Trump's team just makes things up along the way.  

Just remember, all this obstruction nonsense only lengthens the public hearings and/or adds to the obstruction of justice impeachment articles. 

They really are doing themselves no favors, although they think that they are clever. They're not.

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Just remember, all this obstruction nonsense only lengthens the public hearings and/or adds to the obstruction of justice impeachment articles. 

They really are doing themselves no favors, although they think that they are clever. They're not.

I agree, when it comes to rational thinking people.  The problem is right-wing media is spinning this as "This whole thing as a sham, they should defy the subpoenas and not participate in it"  the media the Trump supporters go to back up and "explain" away Trump's actions.  I hope we are finally getting to a place where even the majority of his supporters can see through it. Not holding out hope though. 

Part of why Dems had been holding off on open hearings, so Reps wouldn’t be able to pull stunts like this.

They should subpoena the doctor who delivered Obama, too.  

Hopefully, the Dems can use this part to point some things out, too.  

"Mr. Biden, were you aware that soliciting campaign contributions for your father's political campaign is a felony?"  

"Mr. Biden, your father is a Presidential candidate.  Have you ever met with a person who you knew was a representative of Russian intelligence, for the purpose of soliciting Russian assistance with your father's campaign?"  

"Have you ever authorized the murder and dismemberment (not necessarily in that order) of any American journalists?"  

Although I think my leadoff question would be:  

"Mr. Biden, do you have any information whatsoever which is in any way relevant to this matter we're investigating?"  

Archived