No Excuses

The Impeachment Thread

Impeachment  

179 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?



Recommended Posts

I don't know if people have talked about or thought about this yet, but if impeachment doesn't get him removed, it will ignite the democratic base. They'll be angry as **** watching republican senators vote against all the evidence to protect this walking wrinkly ball sac toned, weakling of a man.

I doubt it will ignite the republican base all that much, beyond what it already is. Not with this kind of case, since it's not as easily shifted into a culture war dynamic with it's foreign policy and abuse of power context. Plus, latest polling has 40% of Repbulican's saying that Trump does not make them feel "excited" which does not bode well for turn-out. This can change, but whatever change has to be factored into the already poor showings he is slated to have with minorities and suburban women and the college educated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

don't know if people have talked about or thought about this yet, but if impeachment doesn't get him removed, it will ignite the democratic base. They'll be angry as **** watching republican senators vote against all the evidence to protect this walking wrinkly ball sac toned, weakling of a man.


This was one of the reasons I supported it so strongly. I think at a basic level it shows the Dems that they are holding him accountable which is encouraging. If he skates because of a corrupt GOP senate, that only further ignites a fire in the Dems. Now they’re pissed and resolved to one solution. Voting him and his corrupt enablers out 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I don't know if people have talked about or thought about this yet, but if impeachment doesn't get him removed, it will ignite the democratic base. They'll be angry as **** watching republican senators vote against all the evidence to protect this walking wrinkly ball sac toned, weakling of a man.
 

 

I agree and don't think that angle has been discussed enough.  Public support for impeachment is already trending on the majority side, and that is without any of the hearings being public.  Info is getting leaked, but that isn't the same as these hearings being on TV all the time and actually witnessing these folks being questioned and what they say about Trump's blackmail.  As more evidence mounts and it is clear Trump did everything he is being accused of, the Senate not removing him could very well ignite a base that wants him out of there, feeling that the 2020 election is the last hope for his removal.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The irony of calling them the “Do Nothing Democrats” is fun


Schrodinger’s Democrat. Simultaneously doing nothing and also actively running a shadow deep state government to destroy the country 

 

who can tell? 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I don't know if people have talked about or thought about this yet, but if impeachment doesn't get him removed, it will ignite the democratic base. They'll be angry as **** watching republican senators vote against all the evidence to protect this walking wrinkly ball sac toned, weakling of a man.

I doubt it will ignite the republican base all that much, beyond what it already is. Not with this kind of case, since it's not as easily shifted into a culture war dynamic with it's foreign policy and abuse of power context. Plus, latest polling has 40% of Repbulican's saying that Trump does not make them feel "excited" which does not bode well for turn-out. This can change, but whatever change has to be factored into the already poor showings he is slated to have with minorities and suburban women and the college educated.

Why do you all say, if the GOP doesn't vote to convict?   There is no way in hell they will do that.

 

This process is a forgone conclusion. House impeaches Trump, probably in January.  The Senate trial is in February and my guess most Democrats vote to convict and maybe a couple of GOPers vote to convict and that's it.

 

All impeachment is going to do is excite the bases of both parties.  If you don't think Trump & the GOP will use his impeachment to gin up his base; you're wrong.  The Dem base will be more motivated to come out.  The general public, really won't give a ****.  They will worry about the usual issues in the Fall 2020 campaign and impeachment won't be one of them. 

 

Sunday is one year to the election.  Fall Back Sunday that is- remember to move your clocks back one hour this Saturday.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump's base is shrinking. Democrats are seeing more registrations, see 2018. Also, independents are moving from voting Republican to see what he can do in 2016, to turning to voting Democrat after seeing what he's done. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Trump's base is shrinking. Democrats are seeing more registrations, see 2018. Also, independents are moving from voting Republican to see what he can do in 2016, to turning to voting Democrat after seeing what he's done. 

 

 

IMO, no democrat ever lost a prez election because republicans voted. They lost because democrats did not. Grow up, show up, and VOTE, dems. You've always had the numbers but sometimes you don't have the motivation.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Trump's base is shrinking. Democrats are seeing more registrations, see 2018. Also, independents are moving from voting Republican to see what he can do in 2016, to turning to voting Democrat after seeing what he's done. 

 

2 minutes ago, Chachie said:

 

 

IMO, no democrat ever lost a prez election because republicans voted. They lost because democrats did not. Grow up, show up, and VOTE, dems. You've always had the numbers but sometimes you don't have the motivation.

 

 

I am sure in blue areas Dems will be motivated. That's why the Dem nominee will have at least 5 million more votes than Trump.  They can still lose the electoral college though.

I'll post this in election thread on Sunday- one year to election.  Each of the Top 4 Dems have a problem- they could depress part of the Dem vote based on either the stands they take or the candidate themselves.  Will they be able to overcome that?

 

I hope those hearings aren't in primetime.  I would rather watch my tv shows than have them delayed because the networks air the hearings and you know they will.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

 

 

 

I am sure in blue areas Dems will be motivated. That's why the Dem nominee will have at least 5 million more votes than Trump.  They can still lose the electoral college though.

I'll post this in election thread on Sunday- one year to election.  Each of the Top 4 Dems have a problem- they could depress part of the Dem vote based on either the stands they take or the candidate themselves.  Will they be able to overcome that?

 

I hope those hearings aren't in primetime.  I would rather watch my tv shows than have them delayed because the networks air the hearings and you know they will.

 

 

If 2020 has a repeat of 2018 then Republicans may be in trouble. Last year Republicans bled districts that had been GOP strongholds for decades in the midterms. I think rural America stuck with Trump but the suburban areas abandoned him and things really haven't gotten any better since then in any aspect. Unlike the depressed voter turnout during the Obama era the midterms last year had the highest voter turnout in 100 years and Democrats took the House in a 9 million popular vote landslide, I biggest vote disparity ever. That doesn't bode well for Trump and Republicans.  Even the special election in NC a couple of months ago should be a red flag. That district has been heavily Republican since the 60s where they usually win comfortably by double digits. The last election in 2018 and the special election were won by only 2 points or less.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Republicans are spinning so much they can't even figure out a narrative to stick to. (When they aren't just outright lying, that is). 

 

Also, this whole "witch hunt" business, eh, no......the Dems are going after a specific action that Trump admitted doing.   This isn't an investigation into say his tax fraud that morphed 50 times into something else.   There was never an impeachment ANYTHING until the Ukraine call.  As much as the GOP want to say, "been trying to impeach since" Can they name any time an impeachment inquiry or hearings took place until this specific thing? No, they can't.    The difference with Bill Clinton is that the investigation started as something and kept constantly changing into what it was going after in real time because they kept running into dead ends until they finally got him to lie under oath, and from there, it was sort of his fault for giving the GOP and easy path forward.  

 

I am just going to take a guess at this one, but I will submit for everyone's approval that the "Greatest Witch Hunt in U.S. History" is very likely when.......women were put to death for being "witches?"  Perhaps?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Watergate hearings were held in the daytime, I know because I used to watch them when I worked the North terminal parking lot at National Airport. My shift was 8 am - 4 pm M-F.  I'm guessing it will be the same this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.