Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

i hate that i'm stuck in a universe where there isn't a setting right next to devin nunes with mike, water glass etc. and a placard that says "devin nunes' cow" but with no chair and instead two guys in a cow costume standing behind the mike, asking questions

Gym Jordan's entire time was spent trying to make the argument that because not all parties were aware of why the aid was being held up from Day 1, it means nothing every happened at all.  It is a ridiculous thing to suggest.  Obviously when someone is committing a crime and then covering it up, they aren't just going to go and tell everyone involved in the process what is going on. 

In Gym Jordan's world, because Trump didn't hold a conference call with the 50 people closest to the White House and say "btw the way everyone, I am specifically holding this aid until dirt is made up on the Bidens" it has to mean nothing ever happened. 

Imaginary Dem house member:  are you aware of the accusations against Jim Jordan from when he was working as a coach at Ohio State? 

Jim Jordan: I object to this line of questioning!

Imaginary Dem house member:  I object to the way you betrayed the trust of all those students. 

Jim Jordan: please stop.

Imaginary dem house member: Did you say that to your team doctor?

Jim Jordan:  can I...be dismissed?

Imaginary dem house member: oh we dismiss you the moment you start talking.

57 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The fact that The GOP brought in counsel to ask questions, and the best he can come up with is asking Taylor if he is aware of blog conspiracies is not a good look.  No questions about what Taylor observed or was told. Wow. 

I don't think that should be allowed. These people going after folks who they complain "weren't elected". Well, your counsel wasn't elected either. Do your job.

The GOP is teeing this up for the Dems. Someone on the Democrat side better simply say “if the GOP is so concerned about 2nd hand knowledge      they should encourage their friend mick Mulvaney to come testify along with all others that have defied subpoenas”

Ill be disappointed if this isn’t brought up.

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

GOP is obviously trying to reduce this entire issue down to the contents of a single phone call.  They are trying to make it appear that all that matters is what was said on a single phone call.  

A phone call of which, I'll point out, they're concealing the contents.  

Mentally, I compare this "defense" to a guy who walks into a bank, points a gun at the teller, says "Put the money in the bag", then stating that well, if you look at my words, I never once explicitly said I would shoot the teller if he didn't comply."  

Might they switch Castor out tomorrow?

I’m mostly just following this online, so I’m curious why most of the commentary I’ve seen so far is about various GOP house members asking stupid questions.   Have the Dems asked many questions today?  

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So is this thing REALLY going as bad for republicans as this thread would indicate, or is the truth somewhere right of that?

Is there any chance whatsoever that this thing wins over more than 60% of the nation?

I mean I suppose it is in the eyes-ears of the beholder, however the entire GOP argument so far is basically a roundabout way of asking, "Did Trump personally tell you he was holding up aid unless Biden was investigated? Well then he didn't do it!"

Archived