Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

I don't think for a minute that russia cares if his calls with Putin are made public.  What they are doing is highlighting that Washington can’t be trusted and make the media and others want those conversations between trump and Putin.  If they’re released Russia will use that again to show that Washington can’t be trusted.  The worst part is that they will be right.  No leader will be willing to discuss sensitive issues with the US President if that President can’t keep those conversations out of the papers.  

Putin getting what hes always wanted regardless of who wins this in the US 

Love how tucker Carlson used the word demonstrably, that was not by accident. 

He knows the left likes to use it frequently and he's deliberately trying to take the words power away by one, throwing it back at them and two using it in a context that is not demonstrable. 

The right wing pundits like kelly anne and tucker Carlson really are masters of spin and word manipulation. 

17 minutes ago, Destino said:

I don't think for a minute that russia cares if his calls with Putin are made public.  What they are doing is highlighting that Washington can’t be trusted and make the media and others want those conversations between trump and Putin.  If they’re released Russia will use that again to show that Washington can’t be trusted.  The worst part is that they will be right.  No leader will be willing to discuss sensitive issues with the US President if that President can’t keep those conversations out of the papers.  

. . . . If the "sensitive issue" is planning a crime. 

But just to make sure I'm reading you correctly:  

If, say, Trump was asking a foreign leader to kill his election opponent, . . 

If multiple government officials heard him specifically request it, . . . 

Congress is not permitted to do anything about it (or even to know of its existence), because Presidential conversations are privileged. Privileged even above conversations like husband-wife, attorney-client, doctor-patient, or confessor-priest?

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

. . . . If the "sensitive issue" is planning a crime. 

But just to make sure I'm reading you correctly:  

If, say, Trump was asking a foreign leader to kill his election opponent, . . 

If multiple government officials heard him specifically request it, . . . 

Congress is not permitted to do anything about it (or even to know of its existence), because Presidential conversations are privileged. Privileged even above conversations like husband-wife, attorney-client, doctor-patient, or confessor-priest?

This isn’t the first of his phone calls to become public.  Neither the one with Mexican or Australian leaders constituted anything that could be called a crime, and yet they were leaked.  This latest one, that may represent a crime of some sort, was made public by the president himself in a baffling effort to defend himself.  Cumulatively that’s a problem for the office of the Presidency.  Not as big as the man currently occupying the office, but a problem none the less.   

Congress handles information that can’t be made public all the time.  There is room to operate between doing nothing, and making private phone calls between world leaders, that are expected to be private, public.

What does Paul Ryan know that no one else does that he would privately tell Fox execs to "prepare for the end of the Trump presidency?"

If Trump is indeed impeached, the GOP senate removing him from office may be the only way to salvage some sense of "All in this together"   The knuckle-dragging Trump supporters will still spew their nonsense, but it should be some kind of priority to get through this process on somewhat of a united front. 

26 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What does Paul Ryan know that no one else does that he would privately tell Fox execs to "prepare for the end of the Trump presidency?"

Probably a thousand things he intentionally turned a blind eye to or claimed he found “disturbing” as Speaker. 

Remember, Trump isn’t guilty of one misdeed but dozens of illegal acts. 

McConnell and Ryan should be remembered as traitors for their inaction & obstruction. 

36 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

If Trump is indeed impeached, the GOP senate removing him from office may be the only way to salvage some sense of "All in this together"   The knuckle-dragging Trump supporters will still spew their nonsense, but it should be some kind of priority to get through this process on somewhat of a united front. 

I wouldn't be surprised that the effort to "condition" the GOP voters for impeachment is a conversation they are having with the RNC. That why I said a pages ago on here, I'm  thinking Trump won't make it to the primaries as the president. The Senate is in play and no way in hell do they want to lose that. They'll condition everyone  to think the GOP can get by with Pence and all will be OK. 

4 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I'm  thinking Trump won't make it to the primaries as the president. The Senate is in play and no way in hell do they want to lose that. They'll condition everyone  to think the GOP can get by with Pence and all will be OK. 

Wonder what happens with all these states that are canceling their primaries.

I am wondering how Fox will handle this if it looks like there ends up being enough GOP senators to remove him from office.  They either would have to go down Dawn of the Dead opening scene style, or do an abrupt about face on just about everything they have been spouting for the last 3 years.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

I am wondering how Fox will handle this if it looks like there ends up being enough GOP senators to remove him from office.  They either would have to go down Dawn of the Dead opening scene style, or do an abrupt about face on just about everything they have been spouting for the last 3 years.

They won’t have to rack their brains too hard. Their viewers are just so damn stupid... Trump so loved the world that he let the dems nail him to a cross to save us all. He’s farting sunshine and ****ting out rainbows. Some nonsense like that.

2 hours ago, Destino said:

This isn’t the first of his phone calls to become public.  Neither the one with Mexican or Australian leaders constituted anything that could be called a crime, and yet they were leaked.  This latest one, that may represent a crime of some sort, was made public by the president himself in a baffling effort to defend himself.  Cumulatively that’s a problem for the office of the Presidency.  Not as big as the man currently occupying the office, but a problem none the less.   

Congress handles information that can’t be made public all the time.  There is room to operate between doing nothing, and making private phone calls between world leaders, that are expected to be private, public.

Now, if your point is that the world is learning that they can't trust Trump, then I'm right there with you.  (But not sure why you're bringing it up.)  

If your point is that well, Congress should have access to it, but not the public, then I will agree with you, and say "Trump".  

(And I do want to thank you for conceding that diverting government funds for the purpose of blackmailing a foreign country into participating in the falsification of criminal charges into a political opponent " may represent a crime of some sort".)  :) 

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Its been a tough morning 

27FE0B91-0EE8-4B5E-9EB4-A8F09A6EC20F.jpeg

The tweet with his idiotic, incorrect grammar lesson to CNN about"Liddle" is just pathetic.  Never mind the cluelessness of it reinforcing that the POTUS  uses his official office to hurl 3rd grade insults at his enemies...

BTW, note how he spelled "discribing" in the tweet.

~~~

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He won't get impeached. People have been screaming it for like two years now. The guy is untouchable unfortunately.

He will be impeached.  He won't be convicted.

44 minutes ago, Larry said:

Now, if your point is that the world is learning that they can't trust Trump, then I'm right there with you.  (But not sure why you're bringing it up.) 

America elected Trump. The entire GOP is continuously enabling him. The propaganda machine keeps churning and a large percentage of our citizenry looks like this.

10115476.jpg

Our standing in the world & the way we are perceived has absolutely changed. Trump was never the biggest threat. An electorate that would elevate him to the highest office in the land is.

Archived