Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could we have won the game if Ramsey were healthy?

Riggo-toni

Okay, the game was downright painful, and our D was pathetic, but...

With Rock successfully running the ball andour O-line doing a fairly decent job of pass protection, I think PR would have done a solid job of keeping our offense moving. This also would've kept our D off the field longer, allowing them enough rest to perform better (hopefully). I actually don't think SS's playcalling was off yesterday, but Hasselbeck's performance was just plain awful (Yo ASF- where are your "Hasselbeck is the answer" stats now???) It looked like our WRs were getting open, but our QB just couldn't pass with enough velocity to "thread the needle."

Hopefully the Pharoah (Ramses) will have learned from his time on the sidelines and will progress enough by next year to make things happen.

And hopefully, we will finally have a DL that doesn't consistently provide opponents with the opportunity to win NFL Player of the Week. :hammer: :shot: :shot:

No, I don't think we'd have won, but I don't think we'd have been humiliated, either.

Parcells and his staff still would have utterly outplanned us. Instead of simply flooding the short zones and making Tim "Maybe ASF Will Hire Me" Hasselbeck have to throw the ball beyond his 5-15 yard comfort zone, they'd have come after Patrick with the kitchen disposal and tested to see if he had learned to throw it BEFORE getting steamrolled yet. Behind the makeshift left side of the OL, you have to wonder if he'd have finished the game healthy.

And the defense would have been about the same. Good enough to keep us in the game until folding down the stretch when they absolutely, positively needed a stop.

So instead of an embarrassment, it just would have been another heartbreaker.

The Redskins were not prepared. Tim H. was quoted as saying they had a great game plan prepared, but they didn't get to use it. They made the assumption that Dallas would be blitzing like crazy, as they did in the first game this season, and put a whole package together to counter that.

Yet Parcells was quoted during the week saying it looked like the Redskins had figured out how to pick up the blitz since their last meeting, so he tipped his hand that maybe they wouldn't be sending everybody this time. And it turns out they didn't.

So the offense had a game plan set up that was inoperable. And it didn't look like they adjusted very well.

No, because Spurrier had a game plan in place, and the Cowboys didn't play into it. We were expecting a heavy blitz from the Cowboys, but instead they played a base defense. Instead of blitzing Roy William, and Woodson, there played coverage defense. We should have run more, but Spurrier wanted to go up top.

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

We should have run more, but Spurrier wanted to go up top.

Ouryear once again you are wrong. We ran the ball 2 to 1 in the first half. Once we were down by 20 we had to throw. Please post something that is accurate for once :doh:

Sitting in the stands, I didn't think the WRs were open all day. Give credit where credit is due. The cowboys didn't just win in the trenches. They blanketed the WRs too.

So, I'm not sure Ramsey would have made that much difference. That said, he would have been better because there were a few passes the DBs were able to recover on because the ball just took a slight bit longer to get there. Ramsey's arm would have helped, but it would have been no where near enough. There just weren't that many open receivers.

It was'nt that many open wide recievers because of the inconsitensity at gameplanning and coaching by spurrier. Eagles are a good team but its obvious that we have more talent in the wide reciever department than the eagles have. Now how can they blow out the cowgirls with less talent on offense than we have?? Simple. Coaching. Reid knows how to use what he got. Them 3 running backs the Eagles have, they ate up the cowgirls defense. Its about exploiting your oppenent weaknesses than just calling plays. How come we can't get a good coach. This sucks!!

Originally posted by Henry

Ramsey wouldn't have thrown five INTs or whatever it was. We probably would have scored, and lost by a TD or two.

jbooma, we did not run the ball 2 to 1 in the first half.

The truth of the matter is, you can never know the answer to these things. Unless you were in practice with the team last week, you can't really even know what type of plan they had, if any. My fear WAS that they would prepare for the blitz, and no blitz would come. All indications were that they were excited to combat the blitz, but what would happen if the Cowboys CBs (who aren't really that smart yet I think, but if you tell a talented guy like Newman to step inside on a route or two, I think he will) were watching for the quick slants at certain times, particularly when they made it appear that they were blitzing? The Cowboys may have prepared to fake a blitz and then watch the ball come into their hands.

This is all an example of pure conjecture, of course. I have as much of an idea of how underprepared or whatever-prepared the team was as most others on this board.

Originally posted by Henry

Well, I think Parcell game-planned for Ramsey's slow decision-making in the first game and Hasslebeck's weak arm in the second.

Both game-plans worked, and Spurrier never adjusted, which I guess is all that really matters.

Yes, conjecture about the game plan is one thing. You can't argue about results though. Cowboys were 2-0 in 2 games against us this year. And the second game, of course, wasn't even close. This from a coach who promised the owner game balls.

Probably not. The o-line still can't block well enough to allow any Redskin QB to excel using SOS's patented 7-step drop. The system is obviously weak, as SOS and his system have been bumped off the path many times. I am starting to think that SOS is a one trick pony and that he will never figure out what it takes to win at this level. Even if he figures it out he will have a hard time implementing it from the golf courses he loves so dearly.

Would that he loved the Redskins as much....

Archived