• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      The Redskins have opened their 2019 season with two losses. Both against Divisional foes. Now they get to close out Week 3 at home on Monday Night against the visiting 1-1 Chicago Bears. The Bears don't have much of an offense but seem to have what may be an elite defense.

On the flip side, the Redskins have a developing passing attack and a disastrous defense. The Redskins haven't had a Defense this vanilla since Mike Nolan received his ice cream. Oh, and the Redskins already have more guys on IR then any other team this season. 

Will the Redskins finally put one in the win column? 

As usual, poll closes at kickoff. Go vote!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sonny Joe Hog

Bottom Line: Do you think Spurrier should stay or go?

Why you guys want another college coach???? They can't win right away in this league. I do admit Fridge has has some NFL experience but was back in the early 90's.

Pete Carrol may be an interesting choice. He's done a wonderful job with USC.

I know he didn't fair well in his first NFL tilt, but maybe he's ready for another shot.

Originally posted by Dr. D

Danny is so young. He will haunt us forever.

This is SO unbelievably sad b/c it is SO unbelievably TRUE! :(

I say that Spurrier needs to stay for 1 more year. Don't ask me why!!!

BTW, the person that said Jimmy Johnson would probably never work b/c he hates Snyder...KEEP ONE THING IN MIND: Shotty hated Snyder too and he openly said so on television until the dollar signs were big enough.

MONEY TALKS!!! ;)

Inmate, your not the only one who got bashed for saying Spurrier is hopeless, I was even accused of knowing nothing about football for saying were doomed until Spurrier goes.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the Spurrier supporters to name one thing that leads them or can convince anyone else that keeping Spurrier will be a good move. And I don't want to hear that he can get receivers open, because so did the run-n-shoot and we all know how many teams run that system now...ZERO.

The first dallas game was reason enough to boot Spurrier out of town. This is just insult to injury. Snyder should support his coach to the very end....which if we're lucky, will be sometime this January. We gotta see who shakes loose.

But sadly....without an NFL experienced GM....we might be doomed to repeat this again and again......

C'mon danny.....wake up.

The writing is on the wall, and it maybe a 3RD YEAR FOR SPURRIER, BUT IT IS HIS LAST!

Preperation and ability to adjust to other teams adjustments is not there.

Norv had the problem of motivation and play calling!

We have a new kind of mutiny here in Skinzville

I think the best thing for this team might be a really bad losing season to wake ol' Danny Up! Then he might think something is seriously wrong, and make a move to bring in a GM. One can only hope, because this suffering needs to end!

4-1...Now look at us.

Is there a "never should have been hired because the guy he took over for had a top ten defense, won 8 games with Tony Banks, was well on the way to fixing the cap problems and future playoffs and was a Coach of the Year candidate" camp?

Does Tom Coughlin like the DC area? How about Monte Kiffin or Jim Johnson from TB and Philly, respectively? Dan Reeves? Lovie Smith? Hell, I'd rather have Fassel than Spurrier. At least Fassel put the ball on the ground in the running back's hands, even if the running back proceeded to fumble. Do you think Spurrier would EVER let Tiki carry the ball?

Stay for another season.

It still takes talented and hungry players to win.

Why does a coach need to motivate multimillionaire grown men to do their job?

Spurrier wasn t the one shifting out of the middle of the defense leaving a scrub of a running back a lane to cut back into on a consistent basis.

Actually, let's take this on for size...Is there somebody that can remove Snyder from office? Maybe we should get George Bush on that. The only continuity we've had since he's been here is continuous underacheivement. I'd much rather have Norv and Casserly than Spurrier and Cerrato. I wish Snyder would just suggest, defer, and sign paychecks, not make decisions that don't regard parking and merchandising. He can build a company, not a football team despite all his valiant efforts. I love his enthusiasm and willingness to pay big bucks, but enough is enough.

Kiffin and Jim Johnson names now those names sound pretty good. Those are the ones I'd like to look at. All the other ones I can careless about. Winning football is built around defense. No one better at this time then them two. I'm sure they're geeking to be head coaches. I think Kiffin might be too old. But what do I know? I'm just an embarassed Skins fan :rolleyes:

Go...

Cut your losses short. I'd rather start new next year, with or without Champ and Lavar btw, with a new experienced Coaching staff based on defense.

Follow Dallas and Cinci's example. One got Parcell's and one got Lewis. Need to get the right coaching staff in here first, build the foundation. We can always find players.

I don't want to go through another year of spinning our tires or falling backwards into the playoffs.

I think we were improving with a coach like Marty but we absolutely needed a GM above him. We really need NFL football personnel everywhere, coaching and FO. We lack experience as an organization, even the owner.

We need some proven canidates with NFL resumes showing years of experience and that know how to win and what it takes.

We shouldn't have let Lewis slip through our fingers. To bad Spurrier was Snyder's guy. I'm usually a Snyder supporter, but just this one time if we did have a GM, he would have given the Head Coaching job to a guy like M. Lewis and not "hot college coach" Spurrier.

Expect the same next year.

Go. I don't think he'll do any better next year. There will be a plethora of good available NFL experienced coaches to choose from this offseason.

Get one. And a GM to boot.

No Redskins coach should EVER

a) lose to Dallas by 27 points

B) get shutout by Dallas

c) get shutout by Dallas AT HOME

...and live to tell about it.

50 years since our last home shutout by Dallas.

50 YEARS

...and our head coach is a purported 'offensive genius.'

Perhaps his success as a QB in the NFL better reflects on his ability to succeed here than his success in college.

-s

Steve Spurrier is lost in the NFL period on both sides of the ball. He can't adjust , can't motivate his players, and sure doesn't have the nerve to discipline players. I also think it's not all his fault. Many players are not in my opinion putting out their best effort from week to week. I'm going to hurt some feelings but but some of our so called best players aren't worth keeping. Chris Samuels, Champ Bailey, Jon Jansen and just about all of the safeties just plain can't tackle. Back to Spurrier I just can't believe he was so successful in college.

I think you all are right. It will take another year of failure before Snyder considers hiring a true GM.

If that's what it takes then let's hurry up and get it over with.

I was on the don't hire Spurrier from the start, but that's old news now. What do I think of Spurrier staying, NO!!! He of course will, and we'll be in the same boat next year that we are this year. Another disappointing season. A college coach that's never coached in the NFL can't make it the same as a high school coach can't make it in the NFL.

Spurrier says he's going to be changing his system, he said it last year. Remember his quotes that maybe we need to run the ball a little more? Then what happens, we wind up throwing the ball 50 times that same week. Spurrier gets to a cushion mode and believes that if the other way, running the ball, works, then dag blam it, throwing the ball might work too. Let's try throwing it until it does work.

This is what happened against Dallas, Rock was running quite well and Dallas was having their problems stopping the run. So why stop running the ball? We weren't down by enough, and the defense would have appreciated it.

With Spurrier, we're doomed for one more crappy season.

Originally posted by Symbol

This is what happened against Dallas, Rock was running quite well and Dallas was having their problems stopping the run. So why stop running the ball? We weren't down by enough, and the defense would have appreciated it.

With Spurrier, we're doomed for one more crappy season.

Couple of reasons, we kept ketting stupid penalties that will make it 3rd and long. We were down by so much we had to throw at one point.

We ran the ball more in the first half then passed, then in the second we were to far behind to run anymore.

The question that needs to be answered why did we bring Chad in there instead of Rock?? That is when we lost our rhythm.

When Marty was here we all kind of felt ANYONE would be better. Anyone with any sort of imagination would be better.[/Quote]

Art, you argued with me in a pretty long thread that Marty was a winner. You suggested he was just what the franchise needed.

I am surprised at your about face.

Om - he rippedme a new ass about the greatness of Marty. Now he takes a completely opposite point of view and words it as if he thought that all along.

Just pointing it out, is all.