Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kleese

Emotionless. And that's probably not good...

I felt NOTHING yesterday. No anger. Very little frustration. Possibly mild disappointment. But nothing really. My wife and I went out to dinner towards the end of the third quarter--- I didn't storm out and cuss the team, just decided to go eat. Yes, I did skip going to the basketball game I talked about, and I sort of wished I had gone, but oh well, no big deal-- I listened on the radio, and they won rather easily, so that was the good news of the day for me :)

As for the Redskins, I thought this game could have been a nice "boost" for the team. I thought a win could ease some of the skepticism we have about Spurrier and hopefully build some good vibes headed into next season. Maybe get some monkey's off of our collective back and start next season with more of a clean slate. I thought that was the opportunity we had--- to give the fans a happy day over our rivals and build just a bit of confidence in this regime.

27-0.

Ouch. Doesn't get much worse than that.

But it really didn't sting. I guess that's how jaded I am.

The game itself is hardly worth analyzing, but clearly, Tim H. was the main reason we lost. Can't win when your QB grades out an F-. I honestly thought the effort was there (again) until the 4th quarter when our will was broken. The defense kept fighting and you could tell that the O line and Rock were playing hard. But Hasslebeck was just incredibly awful. Hopefully this will put to rest any issues at QB heading into next year.

Hats off to Dallas BTW. It sucks to see them do it against us and sucks to see them winners again, but they have done an amazing job. I am very jealous. They have not only past us on the highway, but they've sped by us while our car is broken down on the side of the road. Worlds ahead of us right now. Disheartening to say the least.

These next two games can't end soon enough. IMO, we had our chance to gain some positive stuff out of the end of the season, and we already blew it. I can't imagine anything that could happen in these next two games that would matter. The only interest I will have is if that game matters to Philly. That might be fun, also seeing it's the end of the season and we won't have to think about it anymore after that.

Anyway you slice it, this was a horribly disappointing/bad year for the Redskins. ZERO prgoress was made, none. Last year, it wasn't as bad because we could chalk some of it up to first year coach and all that stuff. Now, it's hard to use the same excuse.

The only reason I want Spurrier back is because I have no clue what else to do. I have NO confidence in him or anyone else in this organization. I would love to get a GM in here, but I'm not holding my breath.

Bring Spurrier back, fix the D line, and cross your fingers. That's sort of my off-season plan. I just don't know what else to do.

I do know that NO players are sacred here. I REALLY want to trade Champ, and if the price was right, I'd trade Lavar too. I like Lavar and I'm in no rush to deal him, but no single player on this team can be that important with these results.

So sure, there is a certain sadness that yet another season has gone down the drain and that our holiday season will once again be minus meaningful Redskin games, but I'm so used to it, that it's really kind of a numb feeling.

I feel bad for the really young fans-- if there are any. They have never experienced anything but ugliness and disappointment. It's going to be difficult for this team to keep their traditional fanbase and widespread enthusiasm for this franchise, when you have 10-18 year old fans that have never seen anything remotely close to being a winner.

Ditto here Kleese. I felt the same way. At first I started to get mad but then I thought,how is this different from any of the past 7-10 seasons? After that, I was calm and didn't feel any anger or disappointment. I am a Redskins fan,always will be. But it's going to take alot to revive my enthusiasm for the team again.

i've been let down before, so this isn't new to me at all. if there's a skins game i'll be watchin or listening to it somewhere, somehow. but that hurt guys, it hurt like hell. 27-0. i still got my champ jersery in my closet, but i'm tron on whether or not to wear it in the last week of school before christmas. i know what i want on my wish list this year tho, hope, i need hope for a better tommorrow. i'm not exactly lookin to next year yet cuz we still got 2 games, but there're not much to look forward to.

--------------------------------------------

0-16, 16-0, skins fan till i die!!!

my wife and i left the sports bar at the half. i knew it was over. i knew spurrier would fail to make any real adjustments that would turn the tide.

the really bad thing is that i'm making my first visit to fedex to see the skins/eagles game. wish it was going to be a game to remember...

Well said, Kleese. I was at the game, and felt the passion leave me as the game got out of hand, a coping mechanism I guess, because the alternative is to blow a circuit.

Which happened to a fan about 4 rows behind us. We were sitting behind the Skins bench, ten rows up. Midway through the fourth quarter, during a lull in the action, when things were pretty quiet in the stands, the guy stood up and delivered a diatribe at the 'Skins bench that was loud, angry, heartfelt and passionate. "I am so tired of this." "We deserve better as fans." "Where is your heart?" "Show the same passion the fans do" "This is shameful, you should be disgusted" The whole section turned and listened, and some heads on the Skins bench turned too. Then he gathered up his stuff and headed for the exit, to cheers and applause.

Originally posted by dchogs

my wife and i left the sports bar at the half. i knew it was over. i knew spurrier would fail to make any real adjustments that would turn the tide.

the really bad thing is that i'm making my first visit to fedex to see the skins/eagles game. wish it was going to be a game to remember...

DC, I fear you may not have a pleasant experience. Be forewarned that there will be a LOT of Iggles fans there.

For your sake, I hope the 'Skins can muster enough pride to make the game competitive, but I think it may be ugly.

Good luck.

Good post, as usual, Ed.

But losing 27-0 to the Cowboys, at home, will never go down easily.

It still pisses me off and makes me want to break things.

This franchise truly is at the bottom of the heap, right there with the Cardinals and Lions.

Thank you, Dan Snyder.

What a drag.:(

This was the first time that I ever fell asleep during a Redskins game. It's not even frustrating anymore.......we've become a losing organization.

Originally posted by wildbill

we've become a losing organization.

I agree. There are three tiers where organizations fall. We meddled in the middle tier for a long time, but we are slipping down to the third tier with the Lions, Cards & Chargers

The magic of GOP superbowl hasnt worked so far but fortunately since it looks like dubba ya will be reupped for 4 more so maybe the trend of the skins in the superbowl in a GOP admin will continue

Low key offseason moves good draft positioning and no high expectations for 2k4 could mean a cinderella season.

Originally posted by Dan T.

DC, I fear you may not have a pleasant experience. Be forewarned that there will be a LOT of Iggles fans there.

For your sake, I hope the 'Skins can muster enough pride to make the game competitive, but I think it may be ugly.

Good luck.

Well, IMO, having a stadium that seats 80,000 leads to an invasion of visiting teams fans. Apparently, tonight there is going to be near 20,000 Eagles fans in Miami. Thats close to 1/3 of the stadium.

Collect old games on tape. Watch old Super Bowls. Reminice. It'll make you at least smile.

I have quite a collection myself, but I actually find them harder to watch when we stink. You'd think it would be the other way around. Watching those old teams does make me smile, but it also hammers home how much I miss those moments, and in turn, makes watching the games bittersweet.

My favorite thing to do is to watch one of our old games the night before a big current game. For example, let's say we were 8-5 going into yesterday-- I would have been on pins and needles, and probably would have watched a bunch of our old wins over Dallas the night before. But I had no energy to do any of that.

That's the key word for me: Energy, maybe enthusiasm. I'll always be a fan-- still have only missed 3 games in 12 years, but I just have no energy anymore. I always get a little buzz to start the year, but it wears off faster and faster each season.