Sign in to follow this  
hail2skins

WP: 20th anniversary of Snyder

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

“I’m a fan, a huge fan,” said Snyder, a lifelong Washingtonian who made a fortune as the co-founder of a Bethesda-based marketing firm and paid $800 million for the Redskins and Jack Kent Cooke Stadium. “It’s that simple. I’m not focused on the money, I’m focused on the opportunity and the dream. … Hundreds of fans have written to me with their support and suggestions. … Your most pressing issue is no different than mine. You want to win, we want to win, and we’re going to deliver that.”

Snyder, 54, hasn’t lived up to that promise. Under his leadership, the Redskins have had four times as many head coaches (8) as playoff wins (2). Splashy free agent signings haven’t produced victories — Washington is 139-180 since Snyder bought the team — and one of the more loyal fan bases in professional sports has been gradually driven away.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/05/22/its-been-years-since-daniel-snyder-bought-redskins-heres-season-by-season-look/?utm_term=.6fac1abb4e82

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

He(Snyder)received hundreds of supporting letters?..hmmm...seems to me the stadium seats more than hundreds of fans.

20 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

He(Snyder)received hundreds of supporting letters?..hmmm...seems to me the stadium seats more than hundreds of fans.

That quote was from when he bought the team. 

As someone who became a season ticket less than a month after Snyder bought the team, I think this statement is hilarious:

I’m not focused on the money

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the comments:

"You have to work hard, I mean really hard, to be the most hated man in this town.  Lots of competition.  Yet that is the one thing this tiny little fraction of a man has managed to accomplish.  Over and over and over and over again."

Couldn't have said it any better. 

The continued, under-lying main reason why I have barely a passing interest in the continued carnage that is Redskins football these days. 

And I'll NEVER forgive him for eliciting that apathy in my team. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That quote was from when he bought the team. 

I realize that.. I guess only hundreds of letters would make sense if nobody really knew about him... I would figure he would receive more than hundreds of letters.

Scott's Tots..lol I can't stop laughing..nice..that gif about sums it up

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The former owner died at 84. With Snyder being 54 that's another 30 years...

I've made it 20, so if I get to the gym a bit more and change my diet I can probably ride this one out...

Everything will be okay...

giphy.gif

Edited by Unbias
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I completely respect those fans who used to be season ticket holders or even fans who only seen 2-3 games a season and have now completely stopped supporting the team..I know I talk alot of trash about those who don't stay positive about the skins but I truly respect and support your decision to not be positive about the team and to especially not support the team buy no longer purchasing tickets or merchandise. I would like to see Snyder come out him self and take votes on what to do with the franchise... obviously he wouldn't sell but possibly get excellent advice from some very knowledgeable smart folks on how to run a franchise properly?..idk it's hard for me cause I love the hobby from Sept 1 to Feb 10 .. spending time with family..cheering on the skins..oh this just hit me I bet ya can find a video of me on you tube when I was at b dubbs and the skins beat the cowboys last year the way they did(strip return for td)I jumped freaking yelling..lol cowboy fans actually excited for me high fiving me one dude hugged me..it was a blast..I think of all the memories..the wonderful memories..just certain plays in games.. memories that keep me coming back for more..I should just give up being the kind of fan I am but I can't..it's a disease I guess..sooo Snyder or no Snyder the extreme fan in me CAN NOT BE STOPPED..Hail On!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Well that was a depressing, albeit factual, read.

I've stated this before on this site.  I started my career job in DC in the late fall of '91.  Didn't attend the last Redskin victory parade that January because I was still in the standard "probationary" period for new hires.  I said, "I'll go to the next one."

Here I am, 2.5 years away from retirement and the Skins have come nowhere near that "next one".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

Every 5 or so years when the team makes the playoffs on a paltry 9 win season, Snyder kicks his feet up, cigar in hand and says "see I told ya".

2 hours ago, Unbias said:

The former owner died at 84. With Snyder being 54 that's another 30 years...

I've made it 20, so if I get to the gym a bit more and change my diet I can probably ride this one out...

Everything will be okay...

Dead horse here but we just had to have the one owner who happened to be young at the time of purchase. Like WTF!

I read through this article and, sweet Timothy Tebow, I am horror-movie shook.

53 minutes ago, dyst said:

Dead horse here but we just had to have the one owner who happened to be young at the time of purchase. Like WTF!

Why did the NFL think a socially awkward 34 year old should own a franchise? I blame the NFL for this. Typically a league protects it's fans better. 

• Like 3

By any measure that you would care to use, his ownership of The Washington Redskins has been an unmitigated failure. 

"You want to win, we want to win, and we’re going to deliver that.”  I'm ready.  Where are the wins asshole!? 

It looks to me like Snyder would rather be the center of power on a losing team than a peripheral figure on a winning one.  

Everything that has happened to this franchise — all the embarrassment, all the losing, all of the turmoil — is the responsibility of Snyder.

Please see my sig for the awful truth. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I read the article. 

And I was sad. 

And then I think... 

... Damn... Jay is by FAR the most successful coach under Snyder terror. 

And then I'm sad again. 

Hail. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Unbias said:

Why did the NFL think a socially awkward 34 year old should own a franchise? I blame the NFL for this. Typically a league protects it's fans better. 

It was between him, Cook and the Milstein bros. There was no one else, unfortunately. The only thing better I would say if the Milstein bros. had bought the team is that we would have had a GM in place during those years. But who's to say the team would not have moved somewhere else.

https://www.nytimes.com/1999/05/18/sports/pro-football-milstein-sues-redskin-officials-alleging-sabotage-of-bid.html

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

It was between him, Cook and the Milstein bros. There was no one else, unfortunately. The only thing better I would say if the Milstein bros. had bought the team is that we would have had a GM in place during those years. But who's to say the team would not have moved somewhere else.

https://www.nytimes.com/1999/05/18/sports/pro-football-milstein-sues-redskin-officials-alleging-sabotage-of-bid.html

I fully believe the NFL let Snyder be an owner so he can assist them with copyright issues they had. They wanted someone 'in-house' to help them milk the merch money, so they brought in Snyder, who just came off creating this beautiful culture: 

All Six Flags rides, shows and attractions are protected by copyright. Guests must have written permission to use photographs and/or videotape of Six Flags images for commercial broadcasting, advertising, marketing or publishing in any medium. Safety is our number-one priority.

The problem for us fans is a copyright wizard rarely makes a good owner of a football team. It's just not good by design. 

REP2.gif

Edited by Unbias

I was mad for about a decade of Snyderatto. 

Then he "learned his lesson" again by hiring Bruce and Shanahan.

Since then it's just eh whatever.

The entertainment is waiting for the eventual Wile E Coyote ending that we have pretty much annually.

We're gonna win though, just you wait and see...

skeletonsftrd-1.jpg

• Like 1

A perfect time to reflect on all of the wonderful memories the last 20 years has brought us!

B7639783-6BF2-4035-B004-232DB3923A8A.gif

• Haha 6