Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hue Jackson!

The Full Monty

I say promote Hue Jackson to head coach . He's a discplinarian (hired by Marty) and he believes in running the football. He seems like the harda$$ of the coaching staff. In the two games that he called, Seattle, Carolina, we were in both of them, played sound football, and came away/almost came away, with a win.

Promoting Jackson to head coach satisfies the notion of continuity only in its most convenient capacity, that is, he would employ the same terminology that Spurrier uses...

But it would also satisfy the notion that Spurrier is not going to work out as Head Coach because he doesnt get the best out of his players and doesn't make the worst out of his opponents. Our play on the field reflects his own disordered mind.

Teams reflect their head coaches. Enough has been made of Parcells. Billick's arrogance is evoked by Ray Lewis' swagger and the rest of the team. Belicheck's teams are cerbebral, cold, machine-like and methodical in their execution of his gameplans.

Cowher's teams, as of late, have been tough, hardnosed, disciplined and hardworking.

Spurrier's wrecklessness, stubborness, unwillingness to adjust, is reflected in all aspects by his players. Jansen swears he still plays Martyball and refuses to own up to his own mistakes in pass protection. Lavar and Trotter overun and overpursue everything, they endorse Edwards because he likes to do things like they wanna do, disorganized and freewheeling....much like...

Spurrier and how he has so abandoned the use of the tight end that when a tight end actually has a ball he doesnt know what to do with it, (ostensibly because the tight end doesnt offer big plays, well..in the NFL he does...Shockey, Heap, Boo Williams, Crumpler, ) And Flem isn't that bad...he caught 2 TD's for us back in 2001 and was a decent possession receiver). The TE position has simply degraded. We could have Shockey or Heap and it wouldn't matter. Spurrier wouldnt use him. 'TE's aren't a big part of our offense' (who can't imagine him saying that?)....

In his ultra-creative mind, RB's are only meant to run draw plays.

WR's are only supposed to run go-routes, out patterns, slants, and flanker screens...they do not ever get matched up against LB's going over the middle and they almost never run comebacks against DB's who always play us deep.

I propose Hue Jackson as our next Head Coach. I've heard the suggestion out there that we simply hire an outside guy and keep Jackson as the OC. Not so...I think he is the best compromise given our situation (nobody wants to come here to coach us, nobody!)

and I sincerely think he'd make a great head coach.

Absolutely not.

You hire people from winning organizations.

You don't hire a coach who's been here 3 years and been part of this miserable mess. Even if he isn't directly to blame for it.

Jackson was a position (ie. runningbacks) coach until the final few games of last year when he was promoted. He's not even close to being prepared to be a head coach. That's why he wasn't hired at Duke. Be honest with yourself.

Edwards wasn't prepared to be a coordinator either. Since when do franchises let the players pick their coaches? Geez.

This team needs a Jimmy Johnson. Bad.

Jimmy Johnson will never coach the Redskins. He blasted Snyder on TV numerous times and has made a real issue of the Skins' firing of Norv Turner in 2000.

Besides, do you see Snyder all of a sudden ready to let Johnson run the personnel department?

The truth of the matter, Die Hard, is that Snyder is a mark. He is a guy that grew up non-athletic and is a fan that basks in the glow of being able to talk to and interact with pro athletes.

He thinks his money allows him to 'join the manly club' so to speak, but behind his back guys are just joking about being able to squeeze dollars out of his wallet.

Why this guy is too stupid to realize that is beyond me.

Deion saw this sucker coming. Snyder was fawning over meeting Deion even before he left the Cowboys.

Letting the Redskins negotiate with Sanders while he was still a Cowboy, was probably an amusing sidelight for Jerry Jones, seeing how much Deion was able to coax out of the rookie owner.

And to his credit Deion played Snyder like a fiddle.

If you don't think Snyder is EVER going to learn that he'll eventually need to delegate his power.... then I can see why you'd make that argument.

But if you EVER think Snyder is going to reach that epiphany... then Jimmy Johnson is as good a candidate as there is.

We've seen what happens to word of coaches who have said they'd never work for Snyder. I hear the exact same BS every offseason from at least 2 players holding out on their contracts and stating they'd "never play for the __________'s again". Only to sign a contract a few weeks later.

Words don't mean crap. It's always about the cash.

How many games have slipped through our fingers because of Spurrier's abandoning of the run?

My suggestion of Jackson is somewhat of a compromise choice.

NOBODY from the outside wants to come here. Jimmy Johnson will never come here. He doesn't want the aggravation. He's more concerned with upping his stock portfolio. We know Snyder's good for the big money that Johnson would ask for, but Johnson would also want front office input/control, and that's not gonna happen.

Tom Coughlin might just be desperate enough for another shot but oooooo, he's a 'taskmaster', he demands 'accountability' ....don't know how our players would react to him, maybe they'd quit playing for the first 5 games of the season....

This franchise, under Snyder, is so obsessed with appearances, and if Spurrier resigns then the only way to preserve some face is to promote Jackson...

I sincerely believe that a few run plays called here and there throughout this season, plays Jackson would have called, would have gotten us in the playoffs. The Saints game. More running in the first Dallas game. The Philly game, in which Spurrier was fixated on how they had a banged up secondary....

Ramsey would've taken fewer hits, his foot notwithstanding.

the defense can be retooled under a different DC.

All the talk about a coach with winning nfl experience can only happen if that man's given personnel control AND big money, why else would they come here into this mess?

NOBODY from the outside wants to come here

Bull****. Nobody from the outside wanted to go to Dallas last year, either. Remember Dallas? Underperforming no-talent 5-11 team with a meddling owner?

Money talks. The Skins can have any available coach they want -- they just have to pay top dollar and agree that Vinny and Danny will shut the F up and go play racquetball whenever there's an important football decision to be made.

Originally posted by El Ramon

I Crumpler, ) And Flem isn't that bad...he caught 2 TD's for us back in 2001 and was a decent possession receiver).

2001 maybe but last year he dropped like 20 passes....one of which I remember like it was yesterday......4th and 3....in giants territory.....down by less than 7.....

at that moment I lost all faith in him.....:puke:

the Redskins should have kept Rasby to help block the run and pass on the blind side and jettisoned Flemister who is a borderline NFL player without any particular area of strength.

he is not a great blocker or receiver. on any other team he is the #2, even #3 TE.

Archived