Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reuben Foster carted off on 2nd snap of OTA's

purbeast

5 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

What a shame.  The guy finally has some of his personal stuff behind him and can focus on playing ball and this happens.  Hopefully its not as bad as people seem to think it is.  I guess I should hold off on the funeral until the MRI results come in. 

MRI is always needed to confirm, but they have gotten pretty good at determining the condition of the ligaments without an MRI.

My perception is they know it is torn.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

There's still hope this isn't season-ending, isn't there ?

With an 8 month rehab he would be back for the Super Bowl

SoYou'reSayingThere'sAChance.gif

48 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

None

Zach Vigil will be back in the building by Wednesday.

I actually love me some Zach Vigil, so I'm up for it. I'd rather Vigil start over Mason Foster though.

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

There's still hope this isn't season-ending, isn't there ?

It's certainly possible that it seemed worse than it actually was. We've seen the opposite as well. Last year when Guice tore his ACL he went down awkward, was on the ground for a brief period, but was able to get up and walk off seemingly without too much pain and most people were assuming it was a sprain or something. Next thing we know it's a torn ACL and he's out for the season. 

That being said, with the amount of pain it sounded like he was in I have a gut feeling it's a tear and he's out. Usually guys know when it's a big injury and it sounds like he (and the Skins) both pretty much knew. 

5 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Lol. Wasn't expecting much from him anyways.

Well he did better than Guice.

Guice waited for preseason, while Reuben does it straight during OTAs.

Now you know why some do not volunteer for this stuff...

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You might be thinking of the facility down in Richmond for training camp.  It's pretty nice from what I've seen.  Not sure how it compares to what's around the league, though.

Ashburn isn't great from what I remember.  

Aren't you the photo guy ?

I mean, if you can get photos from FedEx, I imagine you can get us some photos of how the practice field looks, eh ?  😉

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Should we cut Catalina ?

And if this is true, why was it repeatedly said that it was a non-contact injury ?

Sounds like contact to me.

cause when you're running and people are looking at you from a distance they may not be able to see everything

Okay, I'm going to try to put this into some perspective. 

Based on this roster it would probably be best to give Haskins more reps so he's better for year 2 and beyond. Often that rookie year the team is looking to see good things, but they typically lose a bunch of games. We'll have some higher draft picks and next season we'll have some players like Bryce Love and probably Reuben Foster ready to contribute. 

I guess the silver lining is this was going to be a 'developing' season. Let's just lower our expectations and make it entirely about putting Haskins in situations to learn and grow. It's not about getting the W's this year, but building a base for more wins in the future. 

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

To be fair Guice sounded good until the MRI last year. So I'm crossing my fingers but x-rays mean nothing. MRI is what I want to hear about.

And to be fair, it specified "X-Ray TECH", not X-Rays....maybe the X-Ray Tech is the same guy that performs MRI's, so maybe he was actually speaking of an MRI ?

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I mean, if you can get photos from FedEx, I imagine you can get us some photos of how the practice field looks, eh ?  😉

Don't really need to see any photos. It has been raining and the ground is still moist from last week of rain. it rained last night as well. I mean it is grass. It does get wet when it rains. 

Here is a picture: 

shutterstock_61999624-271x300.jpg

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

who knows if legit but some hope...

I just don't want to get my hopes up. Not saying it's not welcome news, but I'm feeling down about this and a bit of a roller coaster won't help much. 

1 minute ago, Unbias said:

Okay, I'm going to try to put this into some perspective. 

Based on this roster it would probably be best to give Haskins more reps so he's better for year 2 and beyond. Often that rookie year the team is looking to see good things, but they typically lose a bunch of games. We'll have some higher draft picks and next season we'll have some players like Bryce Love and probably Reuben Foster ready to contribute. 

I guess the silver lining is this was going to be a 'developing' season. Let's just lower our expectations and make it entirely about putting Haskins in situations to learn and grow. It's not about getting the W's this year, but building a base for more wins in the future. 

I’m on board. Are the FO and the coaching staff though?  I think not, and that’s all that matters. 

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Haha, I'm one of the photo guys.  Haven't been to the practice fields in Ashburn for a long time, though.  Certainly don't get to run around on the fields enough to know how terrible they are.

10 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

So how long until we find out for a fact what the injury is? Sounds like he's done either way but when will we know for sure? 

The radiology tech takes the MRI, the data that is collected is then sent to the Radiologist. The Radiologist then goes through all the pictures and the data. Once he/she is done then the patient's doctors gets the results. A board meeting is setup in the FO to go over the results. Then the FO media tells us bad or the good news. So very soon. 

I had my hip and leg surgeries by the Redskins team physicians a few years ago... specifically the same ortho surgeon that worked on RG3, Trent Williams, and I am sure others... That was in 2013.... I'm still in pain everyday and never had any relief if that tells you anything about the recoveries.

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And to be fair, it specified "X-Ray TECH", not X-Rays....maybe the X-Ray Tech is the same guy that performs MRI's, so maybe he was actually speaking of an MRI ?

Yeah, but I think that MRI techs do the actual MRI and the Xray techs only do the xrays.  I don't think X-ray techs do both.

Archived