purbeast

Reuben Foster carted off on 2nd snap of OTA's

Some players including from other teams have said the field at Fedex is one of the toughest to play on.  If I recall the Seattle players complained about it -- post the same game that RG3 tore his knee.  

saw wonder if grass-field conditions is a variable they need to consider more heavily versus the training stuff.   I got no clue just spitballing. 

If injuries are really a thing for us, how do you fix it? 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Upgrade the field for starters.  Better medical staff, trainers, etc. (granted I have no idea about any of that staff currently in place or if they have tried that already).

40 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Sorry bro but predicting doesn't make it any less true.

Doesnt mean you have to post it...keep your grey cloud thoughts to yourself and stop tempting fate....

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some players including from other teams have said the field at Fedex is one of the toughest to play on.  If I recall the Seattle players complained about it -- post the same game that RG3 tore his knee.  

saw wonder if grass-field conditions is a variable they need to consider more heavily versus the training stuff.   I got no clue just spitballing. 

I was just coming in here to say that we can't blame this one on the Fed Ex Field turf...but apparently the practice field sucks, too

I just don't get it.  I really don't.

A couple years ago I'm in press box at Fed Ex and talking to someone that worked for the Cowboys.  I asked him what their facilities are like and he just started going off.  I don't remember the details, but he was just like, "Man, everything is first class...." and just explained how Jerry wastes NOTHING to make sure that the team facilities are palatial.  From the fields, the locker rooms, they have chefs there cooking food all the time...just whatever they want, it's there.  

I can't imagine spending a ton of money on players and then not investing in the finest facilities to keep them as healthy as possible.  It'd be like taking a Ferrari and flying down a gravel road at 90 mph, kicking up rocks, chipping the paint, dust everywhere....and then just leaving it parked outside under trees so acorns can fall on it, dent it, tree sap, etc.  Take that beautiful sports car and just abuse it as much as you can.  Spend a ton of money on it but don't spend anything to keep it protected and keep it looking cherry.  Makes NO sense.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You start with resources.  Our facility is **** pretty much.  Compare it to most modern facilities.  It's embarrassing. Money won't fix everything but there has to be more invested.  Redskins, Cowboys, Jets, and Ravens facilities.  The Cowboys have a complete damn hospital on site. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by HOF44
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Well that sucks for him.

even more hacked off we didn't trade for Darron Lee from the Jets now.

Makes me wonder what reasonably competent ILBs are on the block around the league.  

Just now, justice98 said:

Makes me wonder what reasonably competent ILBs are on the block around the league.  

I hope that's not what the team is thinking.  The last thing we need is to throw away 2020 draft picks trying to plug this hole.  IMO, we should wait until we're in our championship window before making moves like that.

I thought our training facility was supposed to be pretty new/ up to date. Was I wrong on that? 

Regardless of what the injury news is on Foster, it will be a while before he plays a down for the Skins.

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I was just coming in here to say that we can't blame this one on the Fed Ex Field turf...but apparently the practice field sucks, too

So it appears according to reports that practice fields are just as ****y as FedEx

• Like 1

Ok...gotta admit, the tweet about grass being slippery as hell, tells me nothing on quality of the field...wet grass is slippery no matter what the quality of the field. Hell, dry grass can be slippery. Not to mention, the pics show a pretty damn good looking field.

What about the quality of his shoes or spikes? If hes not wearing thebright ones, hes going to be all over the place.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I hope that's not what the team is thinking.  The last thing we need is to throw away 2020 draft picks trying to plug this hole.  IMO, we should wait until we're in our championship window before making moves like that.

I agree with you, but just a reminder Snyder and Gruden are trying to win now. I think they believe their championship window is now as silly as that sounds. Not that Gruden has much of a say in the matter. But yeah don't trade picks. Horrible strategy and part of the reason this franchise has sucked the last three decades. 

If Haskins develops properly and we acquire the necessary pieces, then our "championship window" might be 2-3 years from now.

• Like 1

Hey guys, just wanted to remind you that Mason Foster is totally not going to be a starter. SDH has this. Both ILB positions. At the same time.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Hey guys, just wanted to remind you that Mason Foster is totally not going to be a starter. SDH has this. Both ILB positions. At the same time.

It's time to totally get on board the Cole Holcomb train !

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

You start with resources.  Our facility is **** pretty much.  Compare it to most modern facilities.  It's embarrassing. Money won't fix everything but there has to be more invested.  Redskins, Cowboys, Jets, and Ravens facilities.  The Cowboys have a complete damn hospital on site. 

Jesus Christ, ours looks like it's at a middle school. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm perfectly fine with parting with a late round pick for an ILB.