Sign in to follow this  
TK

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

May 13, 2019

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va.  The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins signed the following college free agents:

PLAYER                                 POS.                HT.                  WT.                 COLLEGE                

Jonathan Bonner                     DE                   6-4                   295                  Notre Dame

Jerald Foster                            G                     6-3                   310                  Nebraska

Deion Harris                            DB                  6-3                   197                  North Dakota

Austin Maloata                       DL                   6-2                   283                  Austin Peay

Craig Reynolds                       RB                   5-11                 215                  Kutztown

The Redskins waived the following players:

RB Russell Hansbrough

DB Joshua Holsey

T Roubbens Joseph

• Thanks 1

Holsey?  That's one former draft pick gone.  Wonder how much that table accident or whatever it was affected him.  I'm guessing a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Holsey?  That's one former draft pick gone.  Wonder how much that table accident or whatever it was affected him.  I'm guessing a lot.

Yeah, seems like his stock fell hard and fast. Can't even crack the 90-man anymore?

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

12 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Yeah, seems like his stock fell hard and fast. Can't even crack the 90-man anymore?

Let's be honest, he was like 18 selections away from being a UDFA in 2017, so it's not like the expectations were real high.

Throw in the injury and all the fresh talent we brought in, and the writing was on the wall.

• Like 1

Austin Maloata was a pretty big recruit, he committed to USC before flipping to Oregon... & ultimately being dismissed following a dui.

This is the guy to keep an eye on, he had round 3 grades before tearing his achilles. He was drafted by a savvy GM named @757SeanTaylor21

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Deion Harris plays where I live. Was considered a 2nd-3rd round CB before his injury. Sat out last year then got back on the field this year. 

Was talk of Big 10 teams picking him up for a year as a graduate transfer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2019 at 12:51 AM, volsmet said:

Harris would actually be perfect for what Buffalo does (you will already know all of this) he’s tough as can be, he’s huge, he’s more explosive than people thought he’d be after tearing his achilles, but his straight line speed & ... what was said to be a 40 inch vertical, aren’t back. He’s plenty fast enough, he plays almost exactly like Byron Murphy, he will take your head off &, imo, he’s ideal for zone schemes, but we took Dean so Buffalo is focused on the slot, where we liked Fields until some jerk took him. 

Harris has had some tough things to overcome... mom died of cancer I believe, then he shredded his achilles while being projected as a 2nd day pick. He’s a great target here, I’m shocked he’s the db from the dakotas that went here, I didn’t think the ES crew had Harris in its back pocket, no media mentions him, I don’t know how the hell you know who he is. I can’t believe he’s the Harris or the CB from a Dakota that went here. 

*I just searched him in this forum & Walter Football & he’s not in their top 40 CBs.

Legitimately a day 2 guy before the injury. .. which, again, I’m sure you know.

On 4/18/2019 at 11:17 PM, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

The washingtonian Redskinians select out of North Dakota State, the mythical, the legendarian, the manian, the one and only, the pound for pound undisputed, 6 foot 3 standing, 205 pounds,  the sherman no one heard of, the prince of picks, the shutdown swatter, the deacon of deions, the dynamic....DEION HARRIS, CB.  

Deion made his way into the ES Mock.

• Like 4

I should also add Harris played his whole career in an aggressive 3-4 the program has run for 25 years. 

Not sure it means much to CB’s but he’s used to being on a corner in mainly man and cover 3 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Who knows if any these undrafted free agents will make any impact or let alone make the roster but it is good that we are trying out some of these guys and signing them. Guys from small schools like North Dakota and Kutztown have something to prove and while their attributes usually is the reason they’re not drafted, maybe they know how to play. 

Edited by skinsfan93
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Let's be honest, he was like 18 selections away from being a UDFA in 2017, so it's not like the expectations were real high.

Throw in the injury and all the fresh talent we brought in, and the writing was on the wall.

I'd say he was certainly on the outside looking in for a roster spot. But he was also a guy that made the 53 man roster straight from training camp in 2017. And now he can't even hold a spot on the 90 man roster to get to training camp less than two years later. Either his injury is still affecting his play or he was kept on pure potential and there are simply too many better options now. Or both.

• Like 1

I'm say this. Maybe this is a story about Hosley's injury impacting his play. But it's also nice to see that we're willing to cut players. Not that I'm calling for it and it's only a 7th rounder,but hope it means he was beat out and we've got better talent

• Like 1

Deion Harris looks the part but he has a long way to go before he can be on the field. His tackling technique is atrocious.

Holsey the only real surprise, and I agree that it's nice to see former camp surprises not be able to just coast into a 90-man roster spot on reputation alone. The depth on this roster continues to improve. 

• Like 1

One more draft crush fizzles. He flashed big time in his rookie preseason. Another one who never seemed to be able to stay healthy enough to see if he could convert his potential.

18 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Maloata is very intriguing. Just the type of flyer we take these days.

I agree. I didn’t know he was on Oregon doing well before transferring to Austin Peay due to a DUI situation. He’s Sameon and those guys usually are good defensive players especially on the line and have a strong work ethic. 

Looks like he has a body that can take on weight. He’s 310 now but maybe he can gain 30-40 lbs. Maybe he can develop into one of those huge run stoppers but probably will take a couple years. Probably heading to PS if lucky. 

• Like 1