Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

If Haskins continues to play well, I would fully expect a team to trade up to #1 for Young. 

Doubtful, Cincy would either draft young or most likely, Burrows, cause the coach needs to move on from Dalton.

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

I'll bet Haskin's has been private messaging Chase about not going back to school and joining him and Terry in DC.  LOL

Heard some caller say on the radio that some insider national media type heard that Chase indeed will enter the draft.  hope that's true now.   But I agree Haskins, McLaurin should be able to help.  We just need to lose to Dallas. 

• Like 4
Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Heard some caller say on the radio that some insider national media type heard that Chase indeed will enter the draft.  hope that's true now.   But I agree Haskins, McLaurin should be able to help.  We just need to lose to Dallas. 

Young is going to enter.  He's locked in as a top 2 pick.  No reason to wait and delay a bigger payday down the line.

• Like 1

The ultimate irony is we have been calling ourselves the Alabama of the NFL yet it is possible we actually end up filling our team with OSU players that grew up in the area. And they end up turning this franchise around.

4 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

If we select Young and go to a 4-3 defense, aren't we in trouble at the linebacker position? Holcomb, Hamilton, and Foster.....are any of those guys capable in coverage?

I think Anderson and Harvey Clemons would move to 4-3 OLB well. And Holcomb has looked at least serviceable this year IMO. If Foster comes back fully he is your starting MLB.

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

If we select Young and go to a 4-3 defense, aren't we in trouble at the linebacker position? Holcomb, Hamilton, and Foster.....are any of those guys capable in coverage?

Ryan Anderson, Kerrigan, Foster. Back ups TBD. Kerrigan could be traded

22 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

If we are lucky to get Young.  Thinking how our FO tends to roll maybe they'd move Kerrigan to strong OLB in a 4-3.  My fear about them if we do have this opportunity is that they tend to be about plugging holes as opposed to BPA especially in the first.  They give lip service to BPA but with their first rounders they seem determined to plug holes.   What convinces me of it is Doug tends to slip in a presser or two their intentions and it typically is about how they are gearing up for a certain spot. 

According to some beat guys, they'd never trade Kerrigan because they want him to retire a Redskins.   So they might see Young as redundant since they already have two pass rushers coupled with a glaring need at LT.   But if they go with a 4-3 maybe they'd see Kerrigan at OLB.  Maybe Foster at weakside LB and Holcomb plays middle?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Draft geek hype on Chase Young has gotten more than a little crazy.  It's never productive or appropriate to say things like "X player is the best runner since Barry Sanders" or "Y player is the best linebacker since Lawrence Taylor."

I agree....but......🤔

42 minutes ago, posse87 said:

Doubtful, Cincy would either draft young or most likely, Burrows, cause the coach needs to move on from Dalton.

If Cincy trades with say New York then they’re still in good position to get someone like Tua or Herbert. Worst case scenario is they get a haul of picks for the first overall, lose out on one of the elite QBs and tank for Lawrence or Fields next year. My point is Redskins won’t draft a QB and in the top 5 the only other team I see drafting one is Miami. Detroit May be a dark horse but they have so much money invested in Stafford and could use someone like Derrick Brown or Espensa or even a Jeudy.

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

And that would be OK, because there would be a grip of teams calling the Skins at #2 to get Burrow.  Right now, it's a Win/Win. 

Doubt it. I don’t think a lot of teams see Burrow as this can’t miss prospect the way someone like Luck or RG3 were. 

Edited by PartyPosse
Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@PartyPosse the risk there is they lose control of their destiny. Skins could trade 2 to a team wanting a QB. 

And if they’re higher on say someone like Herbert or even Tua, who I can’t see either going in the top 10, then it’s no biggie for them. They may also be enamored with Someone like Jalen Hurts or someone from the 2021 class.

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If Cincy trades with say New York then they’re still in good position to get someone like Tua or Herbert. Worst case scenario is they get a haul of picks for the first overall, lose out on one of the elite QBs and tank for Lawrence or Fields next year. My point is Redskins won’t draft a QB and in the top 5 the only other team I see drafting one is Miami. Detroit May be a dark horse but they have so much money invested in Stafford and could use someone like Derrick Brown or Espensa or even a Jeudy.

Doubt it. I don’t think a lot of teams see Burrow as this can’t miss prospect the way someone like Luck or RG3 were. 

The x faxtor is Oakland.  They are at a crossroads in the franchise with the need to determine if carr is the guy, and the resources to control their destiny in the draft.  Oakland / LA can get up to 1 or 2 if they want

55 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

3 talented interior lineman who are tasked with occupying blockers to set up ILB to fill gap holes. 

If you focus on the D line you will see them doing their job but nobody is there to fill the gaps.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, jbird said:

Let’s wait till we lose next week?.... should we only start back-ups and rookies? 

Boys will be fighting to get in playoffs fight? Should we use it as a fislrst game of training camp?

Why? Our starters are doing a great job at sucking all by themselves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If we are lucky to get Young.  Thinking how our FO tends to roll maybe they'd move Kerrigan to strong OLB in a 4-3.  My fear about them if we do have this opportunity is that they tend to be about plugging holes as opposed to BPA especially in the first.  They give lip service to BPA but with their first rounders they seem determined to plug holes.   What convinces me of it is Doug tends to slip in a presser or two their intentions and it typically is about how they are gearing up for a certain spot. 

According to some beat guys, they'd never trade Kerrigan because they want him to retire a Redskins.   So they might see Young as redundant since they already have two pass rushers coupled with a glaring need at LT.   But if they go with a 4-3 maybe they'd see Kerrigan at OLB.  Maybe Foster at weakside LB and Holcomb plays middle?

More lean towards 4-3

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

The x faxtor is Oakland.  They are at a crossroads in the franchise with the need to determine if carr is the guy, and the resources to control their destiny in the draft.  Oakland / LA can get up to 1 or 2 if they want

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

If they’re picking around 15, there’s no way they give up that much to move up to one. 

Chargers maybe.

Pretty simple first round draft options.  You prey Young is there and you draft him.  Second if young is picked first you draft burrows and wait for the phones to ring.  Or you trade up if you get what you want for burrows.  You can get two future first rounders for burrows or you get a great qb the most important position in this game.  

I feel like the hype of Chase Young is getting a little over the top.  He is the most hyped prospect since Clowney six years ago in 2014.

Do people think Clowney has lived up to his hype?  He was the most hyped defensive player of the past 30 years at 6'5.5 265 pounds running a 4.53 at the combine and having ridiculously long arms.   He made 3 pro bowls in his first 5 years, but he is not a top 5 defensive player in the league and not even the best Edge in his class (Khalil Mack is).    I feel like all the hype is not a good thing because it creates a scenario where Young has a very nice career much like Clowney but people are disappointed.   And its very possibe Young has a career like Clowney.  College is a different game from the NFL.

Edited by philibusters

As a huge Game****s fan, I told everyone I knew that Clowney would disappoint in the NFL.  (He’s actually done more than I thought he would.) The guy hates to work and that’s been well-documented.  

Chase Young is the complete opposite and I’ve had some really in-depth conversations with his former high schools coaches about the type of guy he is.  If he falls to #2, you grab him and don’t think twice!

• Like 3