zskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

1 minute ago, Darc Requiem said:

@DefinitelyMaybe I am not saying Logan Thomas will pan out, but he's spend most of his short career playing QB.

Ahh perhaps I’m being a little harsh, I can’t say it fills me with much confidence still but I’m sure Ron and Kyle know what their doing so happy to be patient and see how it all works out

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

My only single gripe with this draft, not having a TE really hurt us last year and it’s going to hurt again this year too

Its not a very good TE class this year but some real competition would have been a real positive for us imo

There's always UFA. I bet we sign one or two.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Gotta remember the mantra " The 2020 season is about building culture not wins."

Deep breath everybody. 

My one positive take away is the safest place to be in round 1 of 2021 is near the top, and w/this poor FA haul, and ugly draft (I really liked our first two selections, didn't like any of the rest, and even if they do pan out, the latter picks should take a while to help) I suspect we'll be landing another top 5 pick next year which will allow us to be in a safe slot at least in round 1. IF we suck, and I imagine even with that defensive front we will, we'll pick high enough to weather the storm of a potentially heavily disrupted draft. 

• Thanks 1

Well it’s definitely a process, I have to go back to the fact that between Shanny, Allen and Gruden essentially ****ed this team, you don’t undo 11 years of mismanagement in one offseason 

• Like 2

Well just about all our picks besides AGG are getting panned by critics... Of course at the same time they are praising the Bengals for all their picks. But if you look at history at SI, Espn, CBS, the Bengals basically get A's from everyone every stinking year so there you have it in terms of what they really know..

1 minute ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Well just about all our picks besides AGG are getting panned by critics... Of course at the same time they are praising the Bengals for all their picks. But if you look at history at SI, Espn, CBS, the Bengals basically get A's from everyone every stinking year so there you have it in terms of what they really know..

If you want me to nitpick, I think we drafted Gibson early, despite how high on him I am. I think he could have been had later but the Skins were afraid he'd be gone by the time they got a chance at him, so they pulled the trigger. 

AGG is an upside pick, but he's far from a sure thing. The media likes him because of his athleticism and personality. I like him, too, but not any better than Gibson and definitely not any better than the value they got with Saahdiq Charles. That dude can ball. He's a head case. Okay. Agree. But, if the Skins get it under control they have a franchise OL type. If they don't, they'll probably be picking early next year anyways. 

Khaleke is Isaiah Simmons super light. Tough to hate on that pick for his versatility. 

Not a fan of the Curl pick, but eh. 

Ismael is a decent C, versatile guy that can play G as well. 

I don't get panning them. It's not like Lamb and Diggs fell in our laps. 

• Like 2

Many of us thought McCloughan's draft in 2016 was going to be a killer draft... not so much.  The only one that panned out was Kendall Fuller.  Point being, gotta give it time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Many of us thought McCloughan's draft in 2016 was going to be a killer draft... not so much.  The only one that panned out was Kendall Fuller.  Point being, gotta give it time.

Really our last 3 drafts prior to this one have been well received, yet we have nothing to show for it. I'm good.

Call me in '22

A bit surprised we didn’t pick up a TE, but I guess the guys we have in camp will handle the task.  Not overwhelmed by this draft, but only time will tell.  This draft is all about Chase.  HTTR.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Really our last 3 drafts prior to this one have been well received, yet we have nothing to show for it. I'm good.

Call me in '22

Not sure on that - Think we can say at this point we at least have one decent receiver - not disagreeing with your point but Scary Terry deserves mentioning.

33 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Gotta remember the mantra " The 2020 season is about building culture not wins."

Deep breath everybody. 

I think we need to do both.  Don't know what kind of season we're going to get, but I think this FO and coaching staff and this roster need to get off to a fast start so they can create some security.

• Like 2

Maybe we'll trade for a TE, otherwise I'm pretty surprised we haven't taken a flier on at least one.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

Have they seen Sprinkle play?

Gruden/Callahan coaching Sprinkle doesn't help.  He's not very good right now, but having an OC who coached Greg Olsen makes a difference.  Granted Olsen is pretty good himself, but it does help.

Edited by SAli457180

I think that I read that the center from San Diego State is a guy who could play multiple positions along the line. think of utility backup offensive lineman. yes he can do Center but he could also play either guard position