zskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Yeah it's a high upside draft. Chase can be huge. If we find way to use Gibson we have a huge weapon, but if we do it wrong he does nothing. LSU tackle at least could push for the LT spot...but could also be live long back up. Rest look like role players. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Yeah it's a high upside draft. Chase can be huge. If we find way to use Gibson we have a huge weapon, but if we do it wrong he does nothing. LSU tackle at least could push for the LT spot...but could also be live long back up. Rest look like role players. 

I can tell you Charles either all out busts or he’s a reliable long term offensive player for us.

Anyone I should start watching for next year? :ols:

Edited by KDawg

1 hour ago, redskindan07 said:

Apparently Hudson is super athletic, a LB shaped like a strong safety

I'm picking up a theme from this draft: versatility. Antonio Gibson can line up all over the field, Ishmael can play both center and guard, Hudson can flip between LB and Safety...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

There were receivers I liked more than him still on the board, but whatever.  I'm rooting for him.

Pro's: Breakout age is fantastic, and the production #'s are nice.

Con's: Supposedly he was god awful at the senior bowl, and for what it's worth, his combine was massively disappointing to people.

For me, we already have Kelvin Harmon, he just duplicates that to me, but with more size. Wanted a more dynamic option, or a more proven talent like Tyler Johnson (who I expected to fall further than he did). 

All of the Bills ES draft picks gone by pick 198. What a job. Well, not the guy nobody has seen work out, but I just couldn’t take Wannum, it was too interesting waiting to see if everyone passed on him & taking a kid from Duquesne was far more fun with the last pick.

Next year we need a way to actually grade the thing, a legitimate competition.

8E589990-0664-42EA-8609-5D9C62326213.thumb.png.269a68a2f532335c6a4b7e255dc8a463.png

That’s a lot of notifications 

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

@volsmet can I get a Judge Smails gif here?

6C29B315-0077-4F73-A6B8-16210854958B.gif

• Haha 1

The Eagles are drafting 50 million receivers.  If I played the same game, Hodgins is still there.  We got enough at RB, but Eno Benjamin IMO will be a good player. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, sportsnut said:

Trent and Dunbar turn into Ismael and Hudson.

I liked Ismael. He was C6 for me. But not by a lot. 5-6 had a lot of wiggle for me. People are sold on Harris. I’m not one of them that think he’s that much better, if at all, than Ismael. Ismael likely needs a year but can develop into a starter to replace Roullier. 

But I don’t think it’s fair to quantify it like that. Those two were malcontents and had to go.

When is Blake Brandel getting drafted? If he doesn’t I think he could come in and he and Charles would erase our current tackle situation.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I liked Ismael. He was C6 for me. But not by a lot. 5-6 had a lot of wiggle for me. People are sold on Harris. I’m not one of them that think he’s that much better, if at all, than Ismael. Ismael likely needs a year but can develop into a starter to replace Roullier. 

But I don’t think it’s fair to quantify it like that. Those two were malcontents and had to go.

When is Blake Brandel getting drafted? If he doesn’t I think he could come in and he and Charles would erase our current tackle situation.

Just went.

Just now, panahoo said:

Just went.

Of course he did. I mention guys and they go the way of the dodo. 

Prince Tega Wanogo is still available, so are Bryant, Pinkney and Moss. I'd also like to bring in Javaris Davis. Couple of nice talents still there.

Just now, Panninho said:

Prince Tega Wanogo is still available, so are Bryant, Pinkney and Moss. I'd also like to bring in Javaris Davis. Couple of nice talents still there.

Strong pass on Prince. 

Moss could be a winner, but he has a significant injury history. 

Trajan Bandy for specs is a guy that I’d like.   Fast ballhawk corner, too, but I don’t see that being where he plays. 

Scoota Harris, Dante Olson as 2-down Mikes are there, but I suspect they are both too plodding for the Skins the way they’re drafting. Every pick has been a guy who can move. Including Charles.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just curious if all of these guy can earn a roster spot because I expect a shorter off season.

Edited by wilco_holland

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Just curious if all of these guy can earn a roster spot because I expect a shorter off season.

They’ll have a long enough offseason to showcase work ethic and intelligence. And a good staff will weight those things. 

It’s not like we were 13-3 and these are hard decisions. I could send you a list of guys I’d cut right now to make room for literally all of these guys and not feel like I got it wrong or have regrets. 

1 minute ago, crabbypatty said:

You'd pass on Prince with a 7th round flier? I think he would be worth a look

I would. Super raw. Wouldn’t want him over some of the guys currently on roster. Didn’t like him much when watching. 

Id take him as a UDFA

But he doesn’t fit the athletic profile of guys Smith and Rivera are targeting. At all. Even for an OL.

Edited by KDawg

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Strong pass on Prince. 

Moss could be a winner, but he has a significant injury history. 

Trajan Bandy for specs is a guy that I’d like.   Fast ballhawk corner, too, but I don’t see that being where he plays. 

Scoota Harris, Dante Olson as 2-down Mikes are there, but I suspect they are both too plodding for the Skins the way they’re drafting. Every pick has been a guy who can move. Including Charles.

Do you have a take on Lavert Hill?

Edited by Panninho

1 minute ago, Panninho said:

Do you have a take on Lavert Hill?

Not a strong way in either direction. Probably play on specs. I had him CB16. Could be in a worse situation than him, but it specs are the focus for a DB at this point I prefer Bandy by a mile. He’s one of my higher ranked specs guys.

• Like 1