Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Trent and his agent still looking like clowns even after the trade. Trade to Minnesota reportedly fell through because Trent didn't want to play there. Trent's agent comes out with a statement basically kissing everyone's butts and saying all reports are false:

The Williams saga comes to a welcome end with this trade, which happened only after the Minnesota Vikings bowed out Friday following their selection of Boise State tackle Ezra Cleveland on Day 2 of the draft. That pick came after the Vikings learned Williams did not want to play in Minnesota and preferred to be traded elsewhere, Rapoport reported.

Weeks and even months of trade talks, which got serious enough for the Vikings to discuss a new contract with Williams, fell by the wayside as a result of this new information, prompting the Vikings to move on by selecting Cleveland.

Williams' agent, Vince Taylor, responded with a statement Saturday.

"On behalf of my client Trent Williams and with the permission of the Washington Redskins I sought trade opportunities for the Redskins to trade Trent," Taylor said. "Once I identified the potential trade partners, I wanted to respect all teams' rights and the process and allowed the Redskins to negotiate directly with the other teams. There has been false reporting that Trent and I objected to particular trades. I will continue to respect the Redskins' right to negotiate and trade, and hope that the negotiations quickly lead to a trade that is in the Redskins' interest, Trent's interest and the interest of the other team."

Fortunately for both sides, Williams was traded shortly thereafter. One has to wonder if the ongoing animosity between Williams and the Redskins undercut Washington's ability to get the best return for the seven-time Pro Bowler. Third- and fifth-round picks aren't near what the rumored price tag was for the tackle in weeks and months prior.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001111403/article/niners-acquire-redskins-tackle-trent-williams-in-trade

2 minutes ago, RedskinsFanInSanAntonio said:

So does this mean that you're going to cheer for another team? 🙌

Of course not.  I love our team for life...that’s why I get mad when we get screwed.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think you'd be doing it wrong if you have Gibson schemed up to block.  He should either be the intended point of attack or running as a decoy.

Just think that’s what made a guy like Chris Thompson special. His ability to block. I understand the decoy aspect, but If you put a guy in the backfield who has no ability to block whatsoever, you play with fire. ( looking at you Trey Quinn) 

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Isn't we Peters agent too? What does he just have OT's with Redskin interests 

Now we uncover the secret plot, to get Christian a starting job

• Like 1
1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't think any front office consistently reaches more than Atlanta's.  Mayock coming for that title belt though.

Is it just me or is Mayock kind of a DB. Seems like he and Gruden are a perfect couple

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

Is it just me or is Mayock kind of a DB. Seems like he and Gruden are a perfect couple 

Yeah I could see it.  I think they have a terrible feel for the general market value of the players they pick.  Odd for guys who had been prominent members of the national football media for so long.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Bryce Hopkins goes to the Rams 136 ... squeaky bum time on the TE front?

This is a bad TE class.  I won't be sad to miss out on it.

I have a feeling we're going to end up with Hunter Bryant though.

2 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

@volsmet  Bills should’ve hired you to run their draft.  

James Lynch pick reminds me of our pick of Ioannidis... 

Me too.  The Vikings have quietly had a really good draft.  They're pretty good at this.

• Like 1