zskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, redskins4ever28 said:


A lot of that usually doesn’t matter. Always remember Bruce Irvin was taken in the first round and was supposed to be considered a 4-6 round pick. And he was worth the 1st round pick. And then there’s a guy named Brady who was a 6th Rounder. 

You try to get steals and avoid reaches (This has nothing to do with how good a player is but the range in where he is expected to be drafted). This is how you get maximum value in a draft. Brady drafted in the 1st in 2000 would have been a totally stupid pick.  It would be like paying $500K  for a great car you love but you could have had it for $50K. If you (and only you have the knowledge of what happens) could go back in time to 2000 to draft for the Skins would you use one of our 1sts on Brady?

Edited by nonniey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nonniey said:

You try to get steals and avoid reaches (This has nothing to do with how good a player is but the range in where he is expected to be drafted). This is how you get maximum value in a draft. Brady drafted in the 1st in 2000 would have been a totally stupid pick.  It would be like paying $500K  for a great car you love but you could have had it for $50K.


I’m aware what your saying. I was making a point that players can be great or crap no matter where drafted. And my intention with the Irvin example was that every website thought it was the reach of the century but it wasn’t. Websites aren’t always draft rooms. Look at the raiders. 2 years in a row with mayock as the gm theyve apparently “reached,” but heck if he was still an analyst he’d be ****ting all over those picks for reaching. Obviously it’s diff between scouts and online draft analyst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

You try to get steals and avoid reaches (This has nothing to do with how good a player is but the range in where he is expected to be drafted). This is how you get maximum value in a draft. Brady drafted in the 1st in 2000 would have been a totally stupid pick. 

If draft sights were accurate- I would be a G.M.

Nfl Draft Game 2020
Logged in as: A.D. Whitfield 

Your Team: Miami Dolphins 
GAME OVER! 
  

Your score is: 51974 (GRADE: A+) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 27 (SEA): Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 20 (LAR): Austin Jackson, OT, USC (A)
Round 2 Pick 28 (BALT): D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia (A+)
Round 3 Pick 35 (NYG): Raekwon Davis, DT/DE, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 40 (LAR): Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 4 Pick 4 (NYG): Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC (A+)
Round 4 Pick 7 (CAR): Brandon Jones, FS/SS, Texas (A+)
Round 4 Pick 14 (NYJ): Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 17 (DAL): Harrison Bryant, TE, FAU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 20 (LAR): Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 21 (PHI): Zack Moss, RB, Utah (A+)
Round 4 Pick 22 (BUF): Matt Peart, OT, Connecticut (A+)
Round 4 Pick 35 (COMP): Darryl Williams, C/OG, Miss. State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 39 (PHI): Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF (A+)
Round 5 Pick 7: Jauan Jennings, WR, Tennessee (A+)
Round 5 Pick 8: K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio St. (A+)
Round 5 Pick 16 (WASH): David Woodward, OLB/ILB, Utah St. (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22 (PHI): Nevelle Clarke, CB, UCF (A+)
Round 5 Pick 27: Joe Bachie, OLB/ILB, Michigan St. (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11 (PHI): Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA (A+)
Round 7 Pick 11 (BALT): Harrison Hand, CB, Temple (A+)
Round 7 Pick 27 (N.E.): Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (A+)

Your Future Picks: 
2021 Round 1 Pick (CAR)
2021 Round 1 Pick
2021 Round 1 Pick (T.B.)
2021 Round 1 Pick (WASH)
2022 Round 1 Pick (CAR)
2022 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick (WASH)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skinsfan93 said:

I personally want Harrison Bryant TE from Florida Atlantic

As soon as I saw our last pick I thought this is gonna be our next pick. We will have a lot of speed and playmakers on Offense. And our D is gonna create turnovers. I'm happy with our draft. But I also think Dallas has done well too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

2 picks in 2 days makes the draft less fun. 

Just consider Montez Sweat our 3rd pick this year that we took last year while everyone else was sleeping.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I'm saying is I believe Gibson would have definitely been available with our second 4th round pick. So wasted value imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nonniey said:

You try to get steals and avoid reaches (This has nothing to do with how good a player is but the range in where he is expected to be drafted). This is how you get maximum value in a draft. Brady drafted in the 1st in 2000 would have been a totally stupid pick.  It would be like paying $500K  for a great car you love but you could have had it for $50K. If you (and only you have the knowledge of what happens) could go back in time to 2000 to draft for the Skins would you use one of our 1sts on Brady?


sure...but you don’t base your board on what Mel Kiper says a player is worth.  For all you know Gibson was coveted by several teams in 3rd round.  You are describing your fantasy football draft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nonniey said:

All I'm saying is I believe Gibson would have definitely been available with our second 4th round pick. So wasted value imo.

 

Good for you, but you have no idea if that's true and it's silly to pretend you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nonniey said:

All I'm saying is I believe Gibson would have definitely been available with our second 4th round pick. So wasted value imo.


definitely? Really. Well we were stupid then.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

Good for you, but you have no idea if that's true and it's silly to pretend you do.

Well with that thinking you should be ecstatic with every Redskins pick everytime. 

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:


definitely? Really. Well we were stupid then.

Wouldn't be the first time or last  it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Just consider Montez Sweat our 3rd pick this year that we took last year while everyone else was sleeping.

 

I mean, I'm good that we have him.  But unfortunately it doesn't make today more fun.  Haha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gatorskin76 said:


sure...but you don’t base your board on what Mel Kiper says a player is worth.  For all you know Gibson was coveted by several teams in 3rd round.  You are describing your fantasy football draft.

Gibson said that virtually every team in the league video conferenced with him....RR loves versatile players and the scouting report I saw said Gibson is the most versatile offensive player in the draft. Looks like a baller to me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nonniey said:

All I'm saying is I believe Gibson would have definitely been available with our second 4th round pick. So wasted value imo.

 

You literally have no idea if that's true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As a Miami Hurricanes fan it pains me to say it but I would like to see two Buckeyes in the 4th. Kj hill wr and Malik Harrison ILB

Edited by redskinsrmylyfe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gibson here is much like the Apke pick.  If he doesnt work out, it looks really really bad.  Its one thing to pick a guy expected to go there and miss on it, but to make a big reach then you have other pressing positions and fail on it looks really bad.

 

And he better be a WR, and thats not a zinger to Simms because Simms was an UDFA.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well with that thinking you should be ecstatic with every Redskins pick everytime.

 

Nothing wrong with having your own thoughts dude. Dislike it all you want, he wasn't top of my list either.

 

Saying you think he'd "definitely" have been there at our second 4th round pick is, frankly, a stupid thing to say and think. Know your limitations. That's wild ego at play. Oakland took Bowden not long after. Maybe they preferred Gibson? You have no idea and neither do I.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lavar1156 said:

 

You literally have no idea if that's true.

 

saying "I believe" something to be true, absolutely does not make it true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's taking me some time to get used to Gibson as the pick. Frankly, if I see him as our wide receiver pick (a la Deebo Samuel), I'm happier. I'm having to rethink our offense so that it becomes more dynamic. If Gibson is seen primarily as a running back, I don't understand why we signed McKissic.  For our remaining picks, I'm hoping we find value at TE, OT, CB, and S

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Gibson here is much like the Apke pick.  If he doesnt work out, it looks really really bad.  Its one thing to pick a guy expected to go there and miss on it, but to make a big reach then you have other pressing positions and fail on it looks really bad.

 

And he better be a WR, and thats not a zinger to Simms because Simms was an UDFA.

 

Apke was a great athlete who was not a good football player and that was obvious at the time of the pick. Workout warrior without instincts.

 

Gibson isn't like that, he's good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

 

saying "I believe" something to be true, absolutely does not make it true. 

No but it convinces me that the Redskins made a massive reach. It's an opinion. 

Edited by nonniey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

It's taking me some time to get used to Gibson as the pick. Frankly, if I see him as our wide receiver pick (a la Deebo Samuel), I'm happier. I'm having to rethink our offense so that it becomes more dynamic. If Gibson is seen primarily as a running back, I don't understand why we signed McKissic.  For our remaining picks, I'm hoping we find value at TE, OT, CB, and S


Think a clone of Curtis Samuels in the CAR offense. Sweeps, deep fly routes, run out of a split backfield. Short screens or slants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:


Think a clone of Curtis Samuels in the CAR offense. Sweeps, deep fly routes, run out of a split backfield. Short screens or slants. 

Yup, Swiss army knife guy. I see that Rivera compares him with McCaffery in Turner's scheme. So, I guess one needs to get past the labels of wide receiver and running back. Maybe we'll come up with a new position.  How about "Threat" or "SWAK" (SWiss Army Knife). I prefer "Threat."  Sounds cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.