zskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Because hes add multiple surgeries on the same injury and as of this point is still not ready.  Its not a regular acl tear.

Have you seen any update on Bryce Love because the one I saw is all positive....He himself says he will be ready for minicamp even though there wont be a minicamp.

I agree with the commentators: Belichick's dog is a good boy and the highlight of the draft.  Deserving of all of the treats.

15 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Ya'll need to stop mentioning Bryce Love like he's ever going to do anything for this team.  He's done and this pick confirms it.

Completely different players who will be in different roles. You should really pump the brakes on the certainty in your tone on stuff like this, sounds silly

• Like 3

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Completely different players who will be in different roles. You should really pump the brakes on the certainty in your tone on stuff like this, sounds silly

I agree with you almost always but on this, we differ.  Love is clearly having issues coming back from the knee.

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I agree with the commentators: Belichick's dog is a good boy and the highlight of the draft.  Deserving of all of the treats.

The dog will have to run wind sprints if he acts up.

5 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I agree with you almost always but on this, we differ.  Love is clearly having issues coming back from the knee.

That may very well prove to be his undoing. But this pick has nothing to do with it imo. Very different roles that coexist.

23 minutes ago, method man said:

This guy looks like a good player but not the best use of assets. I wonder how much they studied Baun and Jones

Yeah no way they know as much as you learned from your computer 

• Haha 2

Has anyone noticed something.  AP tweeted out welcome to Antonio Gibson, and Josina Anderson  said he may have some news later.  And Ron Rivera reportedly left the press conference to take a call by multiple reporters JP Finley included.  Could Trent be on his way out of town?

• Like 1

Just now, Shakazullo21 said:

Has anyone noticed something.  AP tweeted out welcome to Antonio Gibson, and Josina Anderson  said he may have some news later.  And Ron Rivera reportedly left the press conference to take a call by multiple reporters JP Finley included.  Could Trent be on his way out of town?

At this point I'm not going to stress about it. It'll happen if/when it happens.

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

The dog will have to run wind sprints if he acts up.

Guarantee that Belichick is kinder to that dog than he was to Brady

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Simms was pretty exciting last year.  

Fair. But consider this:

Sims - 5'10, 176 lbs, 4.59 40yd dash

Gibson - 6'0, 228, 4.39 40yd dash

The highlights on Gibson are just wild.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, volsmet said:

If an OC pounds a table, on draft day, does it make a sound

Apparently it does lol.

I was afraid they'd take shenault, he goes in the 2nd and then we pick his clone.

Not a fan of positionless gadget guys. Like the player, but not at 66 and not a fan of undefined guys.

Edited by crabbypatty
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Standard RB: Guice, AP, Love, Barber

3DB: McKissic

”Curtis Samuel” WR/RB: Gibson 

This

He reminds me Sooo much of Terry. Under recruited, freak athlete, with shaky skill set and ST experience. 
Humble and hardworking. 

Hes not a natural route runner and pass catcher, but I love his balance, explosiveness, and vision.

I would LOVE this pick in the 4th, but still real good in the 3rd. 
Like Terry, I fully expect we’ll hear some stories going into preseason about how impressive he looks.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Damn every sight I just checked (not that they are right but lets face it they generally rank their players correctly) had Gibson as a 5th-7th rounder depending on the site. Looks like a major reach.

Edited by nonniey

Just now, nonniey said:

Damn every sight I just checked (not that they are right but lets face it they generally rank their player correctly) had Gibson as a 5th-7th rounder depending on the sight. Looks like a major reach.

Again once you get to this part of the draft the ratings don't matter because every team's board is going to vary wildly.

Didn't most people have Terry McLaurin as like a 5th rounder last year? He ended up being a ROY candidate.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Guarantee that Belichick is kinder to that dog than he was to Brady

You say that like it's a bad thing...

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Damn every sight I just checked (not that they are right but lets face it they generally rank their player correctly) had Gibson as a 5th-7th rounder depending on the sight. Looks like a major reach.

Nah. Most recent mock simulations I had done had him going in R3. He’s one of the guys that were “not high for media scouts but teams love” that got some late traction and movement up final mocks. 

dude only had 97 touches as an RB last year so a lot of media scouts didn’t know how to grade him. But teams loved em. 6’0 228 runs a 4.38

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

This guy's a total reach1

1Internets

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Again once you get to this part of the draft the ratings don't matter because every team's board is going to vary wildly.

Didn't most people have Terry McLaurin as like a 5th rounder last year? He ended up being a ROY candidate.

No Terry was ranked as a 3rd rounder.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Depends... are you Brady or the dog

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Damn every sight I just checked (not that they are right but lets face it they generally rank their players correctly) had Gibson as a 5th-7th rounder depending on the site. Looks like a major reach.

A lot of that usually doesn’t matter. Always remember Bruce Irvin was taken in the first round and was supposed to be considered a 4-6 round pick. And he was worth the 1st round pick. And then there’s a guy named Brady who was a 6th Rounder. 

10 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That may very well prove to be his undoing. But this pick has nothing to do with it imo. Very different roles that coexist.

I'd argue we don't know what Gibson is.  If they see him as a RB, thats a zinger to Love.  If they see him as a WR, thats a zinger to Simms.

Most likely they see him as a package player at this point and plan to move him around.  Still, they gotta have some inkling of a Longview, and if they see him growing into an rb, that's another demerit to Love as far as I'm concerned.  And really longterm confidence in the backfield as it exists in general.

To your point though, they could conceivably coexist.  Its the opposite of a vote of confidence in someone though.  Simms or Love?  My money is on the one that hasn't played and is struggling to make it back.