Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

I like Montez Sweat a lot, even more so now as a bookend to Chase Young. However, given the enormous pool of talent on the board right now, what an absolute crusher not to have this #34 pick. We could be adding serious star power player at numerous positions, or trading back and landing multiple extra premium picks. This is a painful case study on why you rarely want to trade away high future picks. 

Just now, Stormy said:

I like Montez Sweat a lot, even more so now as a bookend to Chase Young. However, given the enormous pool of talent on the board right now, what an absolute crusher not to have this #34 pick right now. Could be adding serious star power player at numerous positions, or trading back and landing multiple extra premium picks. This is a painful case study on why you rarely want to trade away high future picks. 

This is said literally every year and every year there might be like...three guys taken in round two that make immediate impacts. Not underselling the second round, just saying lets not go bananas. Sweat is gonna be a good one next to Young anyway and we got him a year early.

So the big question is this:  Was it really worth trading Greedy Williams (last year) and Michael Pittman (this year) to move up to get Sweat last year

Because that’s what the actual picks in those spots ended up. 

I know a lot of you guys are WAY more into this draft player evaluation than I’ll ever be, but just wanted to put it out there... 

1 minute ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

So the big question is this:  Was it really worth trading Greedy Williams (last year) and Michael Pittman (this year) to move up to get Sweat last year

Because that’s what the actual picks in those spots ended up. 

I know a lot of you guys are WAY more into this draft player evaluation than I’ll ever be, but just wanted to put it out there... 

To be fair, if Sweat wasn’t so bad as a rookie, we’d have missed out on Young. Glass is half full, for the time being.

BE300769-1C5D-42A8-88DB-ACE03A460D04.gif

1 minute ago, NYSkins21 said:

Its McKinney.

Hopefully not. 🙏 

2 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Its McKinney.

2C2846CE-AA44-4A2D-A942-68F63B525EFB.gif

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

I would take Mo Sweat over any of the other pass rushers in this draft. So.. yea I’m happy with the trade last year. 

IMO The only other edge guys that stack up better than him in this draft were Young and Chaisson...and they went earlier than he went last year

Archived