Zuniga

Holmes

Darrell Taylor

ADG

Charles

Kvon Wallace

Amik

Logan Wilson

In this scenario I go with Ezra, even though I don't like him as much as other guys available.

Any of those guys I'd be happy with.. It would be a real tossup for me between Cleveland and Higgins

I'd probably flip a coin and be happy with either one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'd do it for a 4th depending on if we go WR at 66 or not.

He's not worth a 4th to me. Maybe a 5th if we miss out on the big WR run

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He's not worth a 4th to me. Maybe a 5th if we miss out on the big WR run

Trade TW for a 3rd and 5th. Trade 5th for Samuels?

If we do that, I would still take a reciever in 3rd. Would love to see Higgins fall to 66. Grab ADG with second 3rd.

Edited by panahoo

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

One of these guys has to be there:

Akeem Davis-Gaither

Josh Jones

Adam Trautman

Tee Higgins

Kristian Fulton

Winfield Jr 

McKinney (lord... if he falls!!!)

Chinn

Dugger

Niang

Cleveland

Gallimore

Wilson

Taylor

Mims

Cushenberry

Shenault

Diggs

Kmet

Jaylon

Epenesa

Baun

Okwara

Yetur

Weaver

Swift

Blacklock

Davidson

Delpit

Madubuike

Pittman

Hurts

Hennessey

Uche

Hamler

Akers

Charles

Elliot

Van Jeff

Gibson

Biadasz

Kindley

Clark

Dantzler

56B7CC32-C802-4EDF-9071-695573BAEE68.gif

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Even if Love pans out, I don’t like the pick. I don’t like Love that much, though. Dude didn’t play nearly as well this year as previous years. I think guys like Fromm and season have higher upside, to be honest. I like the other Love better. And as evidenced during the season, imma Hurts fan. 

I think Green Bay reached and the only real accomplishment is that they pissed off their already pissy star quarterback.

Love is a combination of ass n balls. 

Also not a fan of the player. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Jones is someone I could see us trading up for if he lasts through the first dozen picks or so tonight.

Jones is more likely to go with the next pick than to fall to us - I haven’t watched him outside of the Sr bowl, which I thought was impressive, but there are concerns with laziness in addition to fairly harsh criticisms of his technique.  I don’t think he started playing football until he was a Sr in Hs & he’s had at least 4 Ol coaches since committing to Houston... not ideal, obviously, he’s one of a few I’d move up for. 

• Like 2

Must say. I don't like having the second pick. It's no fun 😂. And this first round was weak. Looked to much like the mocks. No real shockers or big trades. 

• Like 1

I’ve seen Wallace projected as a mid third, and often as a nickel corner. I could see him as a fall back plan at FS in the 4th, but I suspect we will trade that pick outright ( OJ)  or trade down. 

About the Love move from GB. I think sometimes GMs get caught in this "value" thing. "We have a high grade on him, QBs have high value."

But what is your plan? You got a great QB who can play for years. Get him players to win now!

I'd LOVE if we could find a trade partner at 66 that would let us get a few spots down and another selection. I haven't memorized round 3, but if there is someone there I'd love to trade back and snag two of the guys in that round. I'd love ADG + another player.

RE: Higgins. I'm not all that high on him. I like his on field talent. I think he's probably the fifth "stock" receiver in the draft overall. Very talented. I don't love "him", though. Or at least how people seem to feel about him as a whole.

It's tough for me to decide at 66 if Higgins is there with say, ADG and Dantzler.

A 3rd round value for Higgins is a steal. It would probably be between ADG and Higgins and hope that Dantzler falls to the 4th for me. 

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I’ve seen Wallace projected as a mid third, and often as a nickel corner. I could see him as a fall back plan at FS in the 4th, but I suspect we will trade that pick outright ( OJ)  or trade down. 

Agree on Wallace. I like him a lot but not sure about as a safety. 

My sleeper pick at safety is Kenny Robinson. He has pro experience now as a XFL guy, so there is real film of him out there. Ball hawking physical safety. 

The more I think about it though, I don't know how the team doesn't pick Winfield or McKinney if they're there at 66. Good thing they won't be.

I appreciate the language that Zierlein uses to color his scouting reports.

"Good at recognizing screens and double moves"  becomes,

"Sniffs out screens and double moves" which in turn becomes,

"Smells a rat on screens and double moves"  :ols:

I enjoy the escalating level of folksiness that people resort to in industry jargon in order to avoid sounding like a robot as they write the same things 5,000 times.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'd LOVE if we could find a trade partner at 66 that would let us get a few spots down and another selection. I haven't memorized round 3, but if there is someone there I'd love to trade back and snag two of the guys in that round. I'd love ADG + another player.

RE: Higgins. I'm not all that high on him. I like his on field talent. I think he's probably the fifth "stock" receiver in the draft overall. Very talented. I don't love "him", though. Or at least how people seem to feel about him as a whole.

It's tough for me to decide at 66 if Higgins is there with say, ADG and Dantzler.

A 3rd round value for Higgins is a steal. It would probably be between ADG and Higgins and hope that Dantzler falls to the 4th for me. 

Agree on Wallace. I like him a lot but not sure about as a safety. 

My sleeper pick at safety is Kenny Robinson. He has pro experience now as a XFL guy, so there is real film of him out there. Ball hawking physical safety. 

The more I think about it though, I don't know how the team doesn't pick Winfield or McKinney if they're there at 66. Good thing they won't be.

Can you imagine if McKinney falls and we can add him and ADG?

5 minutes ago, panahoo said:

Can you imagine if McKinney falls and we can add him and ADG?

There is no possible way McKinney is there. But if he were to fall there... I'd be so amped. Until the Skins pass on him and then I'd be sad. Unless they took ADG, then I'd still be sad... but happier sad. 

Just now, KDawg said:

There is no possible way McKinney is there. But if he were to fall there... I'd be so amped. Until the Skins pass on him and then I'd be sad. Unless they took ADG, then I'd still be sad... but happier sad. 

I agree. I dont see how he or Delpit slip that far, but crazier things have happened.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I've seen him projected further down, too.  I just looked at Brugler's draft guide, he projects him into the 4th-5th.  I agree with @stevemcqueen1 that safeties tend to fall further than expected.  We already see evidence of it this year. 

Wallace to me is a poor man's McKinney.  He's faster than McKinney and a hair heavier than him.  He has an insane 90 coverage grade.  I've read that he's a smart guy, high character.  He was the pep talk guy at Clemson -- locker room leader.   Like McKinney, he looks at times more like a corner playing safety.  And just as I meant it about McKinney I mean that as a complement.  I love a FS who is equally comfortable playing slot CB.   

I'd take McKinney over Wallace.  I love McKinney but only like Wallace.   But to me he's of a similar style in a sense.  

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 12.46.37 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wallace I think is the most underrated FS, i'd take him in the late 4th, early 5th

Really enjoyed reading that story, thanks for sharing it.  Cool that he and Mekhi Becton were high school teammates and went on to be so successful on the field.  He's done a Hell of a lot of winning in football for a guy who was so disadvantaged as a kid.  He's a smart and incredibly resilient young man.  I'm glad he got to go to Clemson, that can be a pretty nurturing place.  I'd love to see us draft him, I like him in the same range as you.

• Like 2

Between Wallace and Simmons and Terrell and Muse and Skalski, that Clemson D had so much personality and swagger.  Wouldn't mind getting a little of that for our secondary.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'd do it for a 4th depending on if we go WR at 66 or not.

yes pls, posted about him a while back, Rivera will know his value though,

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

yes pls, posted about him a while back, Rivera will know his value though,

Yep.  He also played at Ohio St. so he'd feel right at home.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've been consistently anti-Shenault in the top 2 rounds but I've been consistently cool with the idea of him in the third.  There are likely other guys I'd prefer but I can ride with it.  I would definitely be more pro taking Shenault than Claypool. 

But I should watch it, in recent years, sometimes when I hype on the days of the draft who I want or for that matter who I don't want, some of those picks tend to happen.  So I got to stop saying I don't want Claypool before I will it into reality. 😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4